Getting a UK O-A VISA MEDICAL quote - TIPS

I am currently getting my docs ready for a postal London O-A visa application - So I went to doctor yesterday for a quote on getting a medical certificate....

"Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14  B.E. 2535."

Things I learned:

1. Certificate - Means letter

I was a bit unclear what I was asking for - Was it a letter from the doctor or should I be asking for a predefined certification of standard issue?

It seems that the doctor wasn't really sure either - So I guessed then it must simply be a letter confirmation, signed (on Medical practice letter head) - And that is what I asked for.

2. To improve your chances - Go see a doctor (for some minor reason) to show you are in great condition - before you go back to ask for the letter.

It seems that my doctor was agreeable in providing this medical letter of confirmation because my history was up to date.

A few weeks previous I attended the doctors for a check up and we had a general chat about my overall health.

I latter went to see the doctor for a quote - since we had the chat in the previous visit there was no discussion or questioning about if I was suffering from the medical conditions .

3.  You will not need an examination

I also wasn't too sure if a physical test was required, but if you follow 2 - 3 then its less likely you will require a physical examination.

- Doctor said "if you had any of these conditions then you would know about them and I would too".

4. The cost of the medical letter / certificate

If you don't require a physical - Then the cost is simply  the time and effort to generate the letter and signature.

I was told they would supply the letter, but this is not covered by the NHS and  needs to be paid for.

- I was asked  to supply a formal request to be passed to the practice manager to get the quote (A different doctor might just supply without this extra step).

However she gave me guidance on prices:

They will charge £150 for an insurance check and letter (but this is a different category)

For other non insurance type letters then expect the cost to be between £25 - £50.

I hope this helps someone!