Dental implant Bang Saen, Chonburi?

PAV123

46 minutes ago, JamJar said:

You should travel to Sri Racha. The Dental department @ Phyathai Sri Racha Hospital. The implantologist is Paweenwan Suwangatte.

You can make an appointment with her via Gavin Waddell if you don't wish to go through the Thai staff.

http://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/pytsweb_kh/index.php?page=menupage/menu-foreign

Thank you for your reply. Does she speak English well? She can handle all kinds of implants?

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

You should travel to Sri Racha. The Dental department @ Phyathai Sri Racha Hospital. The implantologist is Paweenwan Suwangatte.

Yes. She did all mine and if I need any more she is who I will see first. One warning though: whilst implant charges are reasonable there the hospital charges for other dental work can be high. I dont know why. Always clarify the price first and buy any medicines in an outside pharmacy.

4 hours ago, PAV123 said:

Does she speak English well?

Well enough for a Thai. Gavin, mentioned above, can be helpful in this respect.

4 hours ago, PAV123 said:

She can handle all kinds of implants?

What kinds do you mean?

5 hours ago, PAV123 said:

Thank you for your reply. Does she speak English well? She can handle all kinds of implants?

Actually she doesn't need Gavin to communicate with you in English. Gavin is useful if you have a problem communicating over the phone with the girls on the reception. But really you can just call them to fix an appointment directly with Ms Suwangatte.

Then you can direct all of your questions to her directly. I researched thoroughly before choosing and I, years later, am happy with my choice.

I can't say that I have found any of their other charges high. 

2 hours ago, teddog said:

Travelling implantology, not stuck at one dental surgery

What kind of nonsense post is that?

Apart from the fact that it is of no assistance whatsoever, as it is totally lacking in detail, it is horrible advice anyway.

Not unlike advising that it is better to buy from a travelling salesman, than an established shop that has their own equipment, does their work in-house and guarantees their work.

What happens when you need to have a check up or remedial work at a time to suit you? You either have to travel to where that implantologist is working or wait until they are down your way again. Even then, you are at the mercy of whatever equipment is available at that particular dental practice. Some of them don't even have 3D scanners necessary for dental implants and send you off to a hospital to get that done..

Terrible suggestion in every way.

Just now, JamJar said:

What kind of nonsense post is that?

Apart from the fact that it is of no assistance whatsoever, as it is totally lacking in detail, it is horrible advice anyway.

Not unlike advising that it is better to buy from a travelling salesman, than an established shop that has their own equipment, does their work in-house and guarantees their work.

What happens when you need to have a check up or remedial work at a time to suit you? You either have to travel to where that implantologist is working or wait until they are down your way again. Even then, you are at the mercy of whatever equipment is available at that particular dental practice. Some of them don't even have 3D scanners necessary for dental implants and send you off to a hospital to get that done..

Terrible suggestion in every way.

Implantologist you think will be permanently there,?think again

Maybe one/twice a month he rolls into dental sugery,yes Im thinking,  get a few patients together,forx ray  then travelling bag comes out  

Edited by teddog

14 hours ago, teddog said:

Implantologist you think will be permanently there,?think again

Maybe one/twice a month he rolls into dental sugery,yes Im thinking,  get a few patients together,forx ray  then travelling bag comes out  

Yes, the Implantologist at Phyathai Sri Racha is the Head Dentist there and has held that position for at least ten years.

http://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/pytsweb_jp/?page=menupage/menu-dental

You shouldn't just make things up. It makes you look ridiculous. 

On 7/8/2017 at 1:09 AM, JamJar said:

You can make an appointment with her via Gavin Waddell if you don't wish to go through the Thai staff.

http://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/pytsweb_kh/index.php?page=menupage/menu-foreign

I know she comes well recommended. Any idea whether it would be feasible for someone from BKK to go down there for her to do an implant? I mean in terms of, how many different separate visits would be required start to finish...  and would any of those require any overnight stays, or is there any arrangement for that there (I don't mean inpatient in the hospital, I mean nearby) if one wanted to stay overnight?

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I know she comes well recommended. Any idea whether it would be feasible for someone from BKK to go down there for her to do an implant? I mean in terms of, how many different separate visits would be required start to finish...  and would any of those require any overnight stays, or is there any arrangement for that there (I don't mean inpatient in the hospital, I mean nearby) if one wanted to stay overnight?

I cannot foresee a need for an overnight stay.  The usual method is to fit the abutment and then six months later to fit the crown with perhaps a couple of check-ups in between, to make sure that the implant has taken and there is no infection.

Personally I would arrange with Gavin to have a five minute consultation with her by telephone. That way you can ask all of the questions that you have in mind.

I did the same, though without Gavin and she answered all of the questions I had at the time. 

7 minutes ago, JamJar said:

I cannot foresee a need for an overnight stay.  The usual method is to fit the abutment and then six months later to fit the crown with perhaps a couple of check-ups in between, to make sure that the implant has taken and there is no infection.

Personally I would arrange with Gavin to have a five minute consultation with her by telephone. That way you can ask all of the questions that you have in mind.

I did the same, though without Gavin and she answered all of the questions I had at the time. 

So not more than a half dozen visits. maybe less, spread out over a period of 6 months or more?

I would imagine a check up, perhaps three weeks after the fitting of the abutment. Then a fitting of a temporary tooth at some point.

You should really ask her, as it may also depend on the tooth you intend to replace, your age, your general health, whether or not you smoke.....

So, organise a consultation. :)

To be honest, I was horrified at the thought of an implant. But it was just a bit of pressure and I am so glad that I went through with it.

Can't say enough good things about the practitioner. Conscientious and kind.