My Next 90-day Report is Due Thursday, August 31st..

9 minutes ago, Parsve said:

It is nearly like Ubonjoe says, but an overstay of 5 days are normally accepted, but the big question is, why not report in time and you will have no future problem.  

It would only be a late report not an overstay. Overstay is staying longer than your permit to stay date.

There is a 7 days late allowance to do the report. Leaving the country is not the same as doing a report.

Well, I would say that leaving the country is the same as to say, I am not living here anymore, but ok, I am not sure about what the thai laws say about this. Still I can not understand why "Thailen" can not report, it could be done up to a week before expiring day, and by this he get rid of the problem.  

9 minutes ago, Parsve said:

Well, I would say that leaving the country is the same as to say, I am not living here anymore, but ok, I am not sure about what the thai laws say about this. Still I can not understand why "Thailen" can not report, it could be done up to a week before expiring day, and by this he get rid of the problem.  

Also unless he's on a multi don't forget the re-entry permit (if I'm correct )

2 hours ago, Parsve said:

It can be done 15 days before it's due.  Please stop talking now as every time you post its bad information.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you do not do the report before leaving you could be fined 2000 for not doing if they notice it when you do your next report after your return.

This is not the way that  it was explained to me when I asked the same Q at immigration.

You need to report 90 days after you re enter Thailand

The very act of meeting with immigration officers at the airport (or any other exit port) qualifies as 'a reporting to  immigration'

You will need a re -entry permit. This can be purchased as you exit Thailand or an immigration office.

I paid 1000 Baht on my last exit.

My personal experience confirmed the foregoing procedure was valid

58 minutes ago, Delight said:

The very act of meeting with immigration officers at the airport (or any other exit port) qualifies as 'a reporting to  immigration'

Wrong information. 

"Meeting" an IO at the airport does NOT qualify as a 90 day report.

Airport IOs are not interested in or involved with the 90 day report process.

The OP doesnt make it clear if he/she plans to return to LOS at any time.

If you do return at any time in the future .......when you are next required to do a 90 day report they just might notice that you have failed to do a report previously and a fine may be applied.  This will not prevent you from returning as airport immigration do not care about 90 day reports...........but your next visit to your local immigration office just might be a different story.

The choice is yours. 

Is August 31 the 90th day since your last report? IMHO in that case you have to report ultimately on September 7, so the fact that you have not reported yet on September 4 should not be a problem. If August 31 is the last day you can report (so August 24 is the 90th day since your last report) there's legally no other choice than to do the 90 day notification. 

11 minutes ago, fcpoutre said:

Is August 31 the 90th day since your last report? IMHO in that case you have to report ultimately on September 7,

Doing as you suggest would result in the risk of a fine. Day One of the 7 would, in your example, be Aug 31 ! 

3 hours ago, fcpoutre said:

Is August 31 the 90th day since your last report? IMHO in that case you have to report ultimately on September 7, so the fact that you have not reported yet on September 4 should not be a problem. If August 31 is the last day you can report (so August 24 is the 90th day since your last report) there's legally no other choice than to do the 90 day notification. 

The 7 day grace period is just that, a period during which you can still make a valid report.  It does not provide the option of not reporting.  Leaving after the actual 90 days is up leaves you liable to pay a fine next time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

The 7 day grace period is just that, a period during which you can still make a valid report.  It does not provide the option of not reporting.  Leaving after the actual 90 days is up leaves you liable to pay a fine next time.

Why do people keep on about this so called "grace" period?  

Would it not be better to talk about the available window for 90 day reporting which extends from 15 days prior to the due date to 6 days after?

( I say six days because many count 7 days beginning the day after the due date and are then surprised when they are told they are late!)

Edited by perthperson
typo removed

20 hours ago, Parsve said:

It is nearly like Ubonjoe says, but an overstay of 5 days are normally accepted, but the big question is, why not report in time and you will have no future problem.  

It's nothing to do with an overstay.

2 hours ago, quandow said:

As unpredictable as this place is, if it were me, I'd do the report and sleep better.

Given the wide range of confused responses in this thread it's not "this place " that lacks predictably.