Company wanted to deliver and install inflatable / temporary pool near Nangrong, Buriram

SGD

I know I could order online but I'd rather have someone come out and set it all up.

Just needed for a few weeks from now so not looking at a Bt30/40k job, more like a sub Bt10k one, perhaps like:

http://swimmingpoolsthailand.com/en/above-ground-vinyl-pools/1100-inflatable-pool-3-6m-diameter.html

http://www.peterpoolthailand.com/index.html

Maybe a bit more cash for a complete set and install.

Any ideas ?

Sorry, but do you really need someone to set up an inflatable pool??

It really isn't rocket science.

Find reasonably level site.

Place groundsheet

Place pool

Fill (follow instructions to get [most of] the wrinkles out)

Enjoy

I know Crossy :)

But I'm not there and there is the issue of filtration, safe electric with breaker for the pump, steps, etc.

I know it makes no sense to have someone out but if it only costs a Bt1/2k extra,  I would consider that worthwhile.

A packaged deal would be perfect.

Do talk to the suppliers, many have local reps who would be up for a couple of k "off the books" :smile:

You are right on the electrical safety bit, if you don't already have a Safe-T-Cut device an RCD protected outlet for the pump is indeed vital.

I found a guy in Buriram called Ruben (Dutch guy) who runs a company called H2O Water Systems ( www.h2owatersystems.co.th ) who has been a pleasure to deal with. He is affiliated with http://www.peterpoolthailand.com/

We have upgraded the budget for a 4.6m pool with inflatable ring, cover, steps, groundsheet, chlorine dispenser and tablets, other chemicals and cleaning items, some artificial grass and an upgraded sand filter pump.

Good communication via email and Skype with good English and Thai.

They are coming to install in 48 hours 100km from where there are located. My missus just doesn't feel comfortable with setting it all up so the extra few baht is well worth it for peace of mind.

I'll come back to the thread with details after installation.

So here's the update.

Absolutely fantastic service from Ruben and his team. They went way over what was expected and I'll just leave a few details here.

First,  they considered the land not level enough so we brought in a tractor and sorted that out. Time taken here but no grumbles.

Getting set up and everyone taught on how to keep it right, using the pump, cleaning, servicing etc. meant that they were there nigh on the whole day but by late afternoon, there were kids splashing about and smiles all over.

Getting a fitted cover needed some arm twisting (Ruben with the supplier, not me with Ruben) as none were available but Ruben came through and one turned up in the post the next day.

A few days later, we've had a party, the kids are in half the day and all is well.

The price ? well we did a deal. It was a fair bit more than I'd set out to spend but we got a bigger pool (4.6m), a 5m x 5m groundsheet, a far better sand wash pump we can use going forward, a cover, 3m x 2m of artificial grass, an inwater / out of water ladder, installation and training and some additional cost for expedited postal services for the heavy items (we were offered a cheaper service at a longer delivery time). We also have someone to call on the other end of a phone who can speak English which is a huge bonus.

I can't recommend highly enough. For someone trying to get this done from 6000 miles away it was a fantastic result only possible through Ruben and his team. Thanks a lot.

Here's the end result in pictures.

LINE_P20170717_213446083.jpg

LINE_P20170717_213446088.jpg

Those EasyUp pools are a great starter, low cost and easy installation.

But they don't last forever, you will need a repair kit (cheap) and will probably want to upgrade to a rigid above-ground pool as the kids grow.

Our EasyUp lasted about 18 months before it was decided (not by me) that a larger pool was needed, the EasyUp became the emergency koi pond.

We now have this.

13315620_1768799123336403_1972158074630771753_n.jpg

This is only for 6 weeks, then it comes down and is either stored (yeah, right !) or given away or someone will turn it into something they can sell for Bt50 !

What is salvageable ? The pump, the ladder, the artificial grass, some pipework perhaps, chemical doser etc.

I am prepared for the loss of the pool but would happily buy another to last another 6 to 8 weeks next summer. Something more substantial will just go unused and certainly unmaintained as we are only there for 6 to 12 weeks a year.

If by some fluke of luck the pool is deflated, cleaned, stored and not eaten by rats, then it can have another go.

When we put the new house up (probably starting in 2-3 years), we'll be looking for a circa 20m pool so some in ground logistics will come into play. But for now, this will do.

I did see something like your one Crossy but it was overkill for the short duration. nice set up you have there though.

There should be storage instructions with the pool (if not go to the Intex website). If it's thoroughly dried and dusted with talc (to prevent sticking) it will last several cycles.

Ours was in use every weekend for 18 months, it probably would have gone on for another 18 before patching became a chore.

As you note, Ratty Rat is going to be your nemesis.

• 2 weeks later...

Still going good 2 weeks in !

The likelihood of it being dried thoroughly and dusted when they probably won't get out of it until an hour before they leave is impossible. I am simply hoping that perhaps the ground sheet (unlikely) the artificial grass (perhaps), the steps (50/50) and the pump (I hope so) are salvaged and we can simply buy another pool for next time.

I am more concerned about how they will discharge the water as if they do so without thought, it could seriously undermine the "massive" foundations of the perimeter wall :shock1:

Edited by SGD