Police to summon a Facebook user for posting alleged marijuana smoking at Suvarnabhumi airport

rooster59

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Like I've always said; the only real crime in Thailand is making people lose face. Everyday you have people and agencies, etc,  doing immoral things to cover up immoral things in the quest to look 'moral'. 

And it's nothing more than a p****** contest with imaginary rivals. "Look how great we are. We are better than you. We have the most and best morals" - childish, delusional and completely narcissistic.

Didn't realise Donald was involved. 

7 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Smoking permitted rooms in the airport are voluntary.

No one is forced to go there unless they wish to have a cigarette.

As a non smoker I have never been in those closed off rooms in the airport

I guess you haven't encountered the Chinese smoking in large groups outside of the smoking rooms. They give zero fecks about smoking laws and the Thais don't enforce it with them.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Airport police said they have investigated and checked the smoking room after the Facebook post.

Initial finding showed it was a group of Vietnamese people and what they smoked was not marijuana but tobacco, the police said.

And who's the naughty little fibber, then, who really "tarnished the reputation of the airport and the nation" (that preposterous statement so makes me laugh)? I trust the police will be as keen in tracking down the nasty little tittletat as they were with the farang "criminal suspects".

My previous post shows I've really got the wrong end of the handle on this story. My only excuse can be that I teach English at a Thai school and, therefore, am not required (according to new regs)  to have any useful English literacy skills.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Not anymore...they're all heading for the border.

To be immediately replaced by the 100's of willing Thai's lined up outside breaking their neck to get work as highly paid cleaners - then I woke up and realised I was dreaming... 

When I visited Vietnam I saw construction workers smoking a bamboo bong  on the foot path outside my hotel .  I saw the stuff they were smoking , and it was tobacco 

I think it may be a Vietnamese cultural thang . 

The lab test will be the tell . 

15 hours ago, fruitman said:

Those filthy crappy smokingrooms should be on more pictures, how can you put quality tourists in dirty stinkholes like that?

To remind you what you are doing to your lungs & body?

Seems perfectly fine & appropriate to me :sleep:

16 hours ago, fruitman said:

Those filthy crappy smokingrooms should be on more pictures, how can you put quality tourists in dirty stinkholes like that?

And it is so easy to make a nice room for that. just a large exhaust fan drawing air through the ceiling and blowing it out the roof of the airport. The a bunch of exhaust grilles cut into the walls low and bingo you have an air flow from floor to ceiling and it won't stink much at all. Your smoke goes straight up.