Trump's son met Russian lawyer after promise of information on Clinton - NY Times

webfact

41 minutes ago, pegman said:

It's always seemed to me that when Trump goes down it will be because the investigators followed the money. The latest bares that out.

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/ike-donald-trump-meeting-russian-money-laundering-irakly-kaveladze/3923/

A small post that highlights massive consequences if the dots join together.

The eighth person who attended Donald Trump Jr.’s campaign meeting with the Russian government has now been identified by name, and it’s raising red flags across the board. He’s a Russian immigrant to the United States named Irakly “Ike” Kaveladze, and existing records show that he has a long history of alleged money laundering on a massive scale.

According to a New York Times article from all the way back in the year 2000, Irakly Kaveladze immigrated from Russia to the United States in 1991 and proceeded to set up thousands of U.S. dummy corporations so he could launder Russian money through Citibank (link). He ended up moving more than $800 million through the bank before his scheme was exposed and shut down. The news of Kaveladze attending the meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and the Kremlin comes even as Russian money laundering has already become a central tenet of the Trump-Russia scandal.

I don't think Mr Kaveladze was there to talk about orphans and adoption.

Edited by Andaman Al

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, pegman said:

It's always seemed to me that when Trump goes down it will be because the investigators followed the money. The latest bares that out.

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/ike-donald-trump-meeting-russian-money-laundering-irakly-kaveladze/3923/

Agree, I have been saying the same all along: follow the money.

5 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

A small post that highlights massive consequences if the dots join together.

I don't think Mr Kaveladze was there to talk about orphans and adoption.

I thought liberals and Democrat voters are all in for open borders...now they don't like the people who come in...funny that.

It's also suspicious that all these supposed Russian agents and operatives we're allowed into the country by the Obama-Clinton administration.

Edited by CutiePi

30 minutes ago, CutiePi said:

I thought liberals and Democrat voters are all in for open borders...now they don't like the people who come in...funny that.

It's also suspicious that all these supposed Russian agents and operatives we're allowed into the country by the Obama-Clinton administration.

There's your problem. Trying to put labels on people.It's not us versus them. Sadly it is for some.

It also gets boring for Trump and his supporters to constantly blame others. Man up and deal with the issues. Don't blame others.

34 minutes ago, CutiePi said:

"I thought liberals and Democrat voters..."

The tired, simplistic, moldy old, marginalizing, presumption by the supporters of the occupier in the White House. Once again.

On everyone who are not one of them.

And the ancient deflection of all deflections: But, but, but, Obama (if not but, but, but, Hillary)

Yawn.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

51 minutes ago, CutiePi said:

"Obama-Clinton" — I imagine you saying that Seinfeld says "Newman"

That's how cartoonish Trump defenders sound. If only Obama-Clinton hadn't forced  Trump's senior people from meeting with these nefarious Russians.

T

15 hours ago, CutiePi said:

When I start seeing hysterical Trump Resistance stories in the Decatur Times and the Peoria News I'll start to worry about the health of the Trump presidency. Daily pro-Democrat pieces in the coastal media are to be expected. 

How's this? From Peoria. Hardly in support of Trump.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170427/moments-that-matter-in-trumps-first-100-days-in-office

The twin performances erased any doubt that Trump intended to behave as president the way he did as a candidate: fixated on small things, challenging perceived slights and, at times, creating his own facts.

On 7/11/2017 at 4:01 PM, Andaman Al said:

A typo is once, you use the term 'he' or 'his' eight times in your very short post. That is not a typo, it is a total lack of knowledge. Go sort yourself out and stop trolling.

If anyone really wants to have 'collusion' I doubt they would hold in Daddies Tower with 8 people. I dislike Mr Trump but I find all this picking away OTT and more important things slip by. 

Just now, binjalin said:

If anyone really wants to have 'collusion' I doubt they would hold in Daddies Tower with 8 people. I dislike Mr Trump but I find all this picking away OTT and more important things slip by. 

It's not just about collusion.  It's about perjury, not filing paperwork properly for security clearances, and lying in general.  Important things are slipping by.  Maybe if Trump started acting like a president instead of going after Obama and Clinton and the programs they implemented, we'd be making progress.  He's just being vindictive. 

Also, keep him off Twitter.  Takes too much attention away from important matters and make him look like a fool.  He's got little respect any more.  The polls prove this.

Just now, craigt3365 said:

It's not just about collusion.  It's about perjury, not filing paperwork properly for security clearances, and lying in general.  Important things are slipping by.  Maybe if Trump started acting like a president instead of going after Obama and Clinton and the programs they implemented, we'd be making progress.  He's just being vindictive. 

Also, keep him off Twitter.  Takes too much attention away from important matters and make him look like a fool.  He's got little respect any more.  The polls prove this.

The polls, as you put it, said Clinton would win by a landslide and so I tend not to give them much credence anymore. I do agree that he is an appalling POTUS but methinks there are better ways to highlight that.  Trump was not at the meeting and it will lead to nothing. Save your energy for the bigger fights.

A timeline of treason” Watch Keith Olbermann connect the dots of Trump’s ties to Putin’s Russia

“The sheer volume of information in this one thread of the Trump campaign conspiracy is so overwhelming that only when viewed chronologically does it make any sense,” Olbermann of the June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with Natalia Veselnitskaya. “Or does it become clear that it is, in short, a timeline of treason.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/a-timeline-of-treason-watch-keith-olbermann-connect-the-dots-of-trumps-ties-to-putins-russia/

23 minutes ago, binjalin said:

The polls, as you put it, said Clinton would win by a landslide and so I tend not to give them much credence anymore. I do agree that he is an appalling POTUS but methinks there are better ways to highlight that.  Trump was not at the meeting and it will lead to nothing. Save your energy for the bigger fights.

Polls are polls.  Subject to margins of error.  Trump actually lost the popular vote, as predicted by the polls.  Sad you don't have confidence in them any more because they are a useful tool for analyzing things.

The approval ratings is a poll that's been going on for years.  Which like election polls, change over time.

Trump was not at the meeting.  But that's not what this is all about, other than the fact he's in charge of this and as such, is ultimately responsible for this.  Plus, it's his family!!! LOL

1 hour ago, binjalin said:

Trump was not at the meeting and it will lead to nothing. Save your energy for the bigger fights.

You mean the meeting that Jared Kushner did not disclose on his security clearance?

You mean the meeting where the occupier of the White House' son, 

who along with a Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected soon to be Trump campaign chairman,

had a clandestine meeting with a agents from a hostile foreign adversary?

Russia.

You mean the meeting set up by emails that Kushner, through his lawyers, knew about weeks before Jr. revealed them?

While he let the White House from the top down, continually call it all a "hoax" and "fake" news?

That meeting you say "will lead to nothing"?

I think you are simply, uninformed.

19894550_830598903787618_4701392018934772980_n.jpg

Edited by iReason

Eighth person in Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting is Russian money laundering figure Ike Kaveladze

"The eighth person who attended Donald Trump Jr.’s campaign meeting with the Russian government has now been identified by name, and it’s raising red flags across the board."

"He’s a Russian immigrant to the United States named Irakly “Ike” Kaveladze, and existing records show that he has a long history of alleged money laundering on a massive scale."

"The news of Kaveladze attending the meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and the Kremlin comes even as Russian money laundering has already become a central tenet of the Trump-Russia scandal."

Edited by iReason

10 minutes ago, iReason said:

Eighth person in Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting is Russian money laundering figure Ike Kaveladze

"The eighth person who attended Donald Trump Jr.’s campaign meeting with the Russian government has now been identified by name, and it’s raising red flags across the board."

"He’s a Russian immigrant to the United States named Irakly “Ike” Kaveladze, and existing records show that he has a long history of alleged money laundering on a massive scale."

"The news of Kaveladze attending the meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and the Kremlin comes even as Russian money laundering has already become a central tenet of the Trump-Russia scandal."

More:

But even without an investigation by Congress or a special prosecutor, there is much we already know about the president’s debt to Russia. A review of the public record reveals a clear and disturbing pattern: Trump owes much of his business success, and by extension his presidency, to a flow of highly suspicious money from Russia. Over the past three decades, at least 13 people with known or alleged links to Russian mobsters or oligarchs have owned, lived in, and even run criminal activities out of Trump Tower and other Trump properties. 

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

And then There's this  piece where a Russian expert stated that Trump has essentially been colluding with Russian oligarchs  and mobsters (Assuming there is a difference) for over forty years.

https://www.vox.com/2017/7/18/15983910/donald-trump-russia-putin-natalia-veselnitskaya-collusion

In that expert's (Seva Gunitsky) opinion Trump was compromised by the Russians well before he ever had any serious political aspirations, which explain why the Russians might have been keen to help him win.

T

Eighth person in Trump Tower meeting is identified

"Ike Kaveladze attended the meeting as a representative of Aras and Emin Agalarov, the father-and-son Russian developers who hosted the Trump-owned Miss Universe pageant in Moscow in 2013, according to Scott Balber, an attorney for the Agalarovs who said he also represents Kaveladze."

"Balber said Tuesday that he had received a phone call over the weekend from a representative of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III asking whether Kaveladze would agree to be interviewed."

"The request is the first public indication that Mueller’s team is investigating the meeting."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/eighth-person-in-trump-tower-meeting-is-identified/2017/07/18/e971234a-6bce-11e7-9c15-177740635e83_story.html?utm_term=.51e2b76c2e78

Here is DT Sr. hanging out with all of them:

(Including his lawyer and current mouthpiece, Michael D. Cohen. To the left in the video.)

Edited by iReason

From many months ago when all Trump supporters could do is say "fake news!". LOL

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/exclusive-powerful-russian-partner-boasts-of-ongoing-access-to-trump-family/ar-BByuueX?li=AA59G2&ocid=spartandhp

Exclusive: Powerful Russian Partner Boasts Of Ongoing Access To Trump Family

“I have nothing to do with Russia,” Donald Trump bellowed to thousands of frenzied supporters at a Tampa, Florida rally last October. The truth, it seems, is a bit more complicated. 

In an exclusive interview with FORBES, Emin Agalarov — a Russian pop singer, real estate mogul and son of one of the country’s richest people — described an ongoing relationship with the Trump family, including post-election contact with the president himself.

Another whopper lie by Trump.

1 hour ago, iReason said:

You mean the meeting that Jared Kushner did not disclose on his security clearance?

You mean the meeting where the occupier of the White House' son, 

who along with a Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected soon to be Trump campaign chairman,

had a clandestine meeting with a agents from a hostile foreign adversary?

Russia.

You mean the meeting set up by emails that Kushner, through his lawyers, knew about weeks before Jr. revealed them?

While he let the White House from the top down, continually call it all a "hoax" and "fake" news?

That meeting you say "will lead to nothing"?

I think you are simply, uninformed.

19894550_830598903787618_4701392018934772980_n.jpg

Hello, yes the meeting held in Daddies Tower amongst 100s of other meetings. The one where some of you think Western Democracy was being subverted. Reds under the Bed and all that lol. There's about 4 of you posting rabidly and liking each others posts like there's no tomorrow. Don't you get out much?

Just now, binjalin said:

Hello, yes the meeting held in Daddies Tower amongst 100s of other meetings. The one where some of you think Western Democracy was being subverted. Reds under the Bed and all that lol. There's about 4 of you posting rabidly and liking each others posts like there's no tomorrow. Don't you get out much?

Again, it's not about western democracy being subverted.  Not obsession with Russia.  Trump keeps doing this to himself!  You can't see the connections?  Or lying and perjury by the POTUS is OK?

Some of us are quite concerned about this.  Actually, a majority of the US according to public opinion polls. LOL

27 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Let me fill in the crucial details you carefully left out:

"yes, the meeting [with known Kremlin associates who had promised to supply info on your daddy/father-in-law/boss's presidential election rival] held in Daddies Tower amongst 100s of other meetings."

This makes it different from the "100s of other meetings" —unless those were also with agents of a foreign adversarial power trying to subvert an American presidential election.

T

A running list of Trumpland's often-shifting stories on their Russia ties

"Donald Trump Jr. is the latest in a growing list of people in President Trump’s inner circle to change their story about their connections to Russia."

"Over the past few months, various reports have linked key members of Trump’s campaign and administration with Russia — connections they had all failed to report and sometimes outright denied."

"Here are all of Trump’s aides’ Russia dealings, and their often-shifting accounts of what happened, in one place: "

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/17/15966112/trump-associates-shifting-russia-stories

6 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Let me fill in the crucial details you carefully left out:

"yes, the meeting [with known Kremlin associates who had promised to supply info on your daddy/father-in-law/boss's presidential election rival] held in Daddies Tower amongst 100s of other meetings."

This makes it different from the "100s of other meetings" —unless those were also with agents of a foreign adversarial power trying to subvert an American presidential election.

T

"agents of a foreign adversarial power"?  I'll leave you to it  :smile:

Once this circus is over let's get back to challenging Trump on his anti pro-choice, anti-marijuana and anti-common health garbage.

2 minutes ago, binjalin said:

"agents of a foreign adversarial power"?  I'll leave you to it  :smile:

Once this circus is over let's get back to challenging Trump on his anti pro-choice, anti-marijuana and anti-common health garbage.

I share your concerns about Trump & the GOP's "anti-pro choice, anti-marijuana and anti-common health garbage"

But I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I think you've taken "agent" above to mean "spy" 

Tt is meant as "someone who represents" which is also a common meaning of the word outside of Hollywood movies.

T

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

More:

But even without an investigation by Congress or a special prosecutor, there is much we already know about the president’s debt to Russia. A review of the public record reveals a clear and disturbing pattern: Trump owes much of his business success, and by extension his presidency, to a flow of highly suspicious money from Russia. Over the past three decades, at least 13 people with known or alleged links to Russian mobsters or oligarchs have owned, lived in, and even run criminal activities out of Trump Tower and other Trump properties. 

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

And then There's this  piece where a Russian expert stated that Trump has essentially been colluding with Russian oligarchs  and mobsters (Assuming there is a difference) for over forty years.

https://www.vox.com/2017/7/18/15983910/donald-trump-russia-putin-natalia-veselnitskaya-collusion

In that expert's (Seva Gunitsky) opinion Trump was compromised by the Russians well before he ever had any serious political aspirations, which explain why the Russians might have been keen to help him win.

T

WASHINGTON — "Seventeen years ago, congressional investigators looking into money laundering stumbled upon an obscure Soviet-born financier who offered special services to his Russian clients. He had opened 2,000 companies in Delaware and more than 100 bank accounts for Russian clients who moved hundreds of millions of dollars through those accounts to overseas destinations, they found"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/politics/trump-meeting-russia.html?smid=fb-share

Majority of Trump supporters 'don't believe Trump Jr attended Russian lawyer meeting'

Donald Trump Jr has confirmed he took the meeting (sub-title)

"Only 45 per cent of Trump voters, the national poll found, believe that Mr Trump Jr met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer 

who promised damaging information on Hillary Clinton."

"Forty-four per cent believe Russia wanted Ms Clinton to win."

"Seventy-seven per cent of Trump voters said they would support the President staying in office,

even if investigations find he did collude with Russia."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-jr-russian-meeting-poll-majority-supporters-dont-believe-it-happened-despite-son-admitting-it-a7847636.html

:blink:

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

Majority of Trump supporters 'don't believe Trump Jr attended Russian lawyer meeting'

Donald Trump Jr has confirmed he took the meeting (sub-title)

"Only 45 per cent of Trump voters, the national poll found, believe that Mr Trump Jr met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer 

who promised damaging information on Hillary Clinton."

"Forty-four per cent believe Russia wanted Ms Clinton to win."

"Seventy-seven per cent of Trump voters said they would support the President staying in office,

even if investigations find he did collude with Russia."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-jr-russian-meeting-poll-majority-supporters-dont-believe-it-happened-despite-son-admitting-it-a7847636.html

:blink:

I am not so surprised.

images (2).jpg