Thailand ready for ICAO civil aviation security audits

webfact

Thailand ready for ICAO civil aviation security audits

BANGKOK, 12 July 2017 (NNT) - The Director of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has expressed confidence that Thailand is now ready for the civil aviation security audits by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). 

CAAT Director Chula Suksanop said that the ICAO will perform the security audits for Thailand's civil aviation from now until 21 July. 

During the first three days, the ICAO will inspect aviation safety standards at the Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi International Airports. Inspections will cover the overall safety measures such as aircraft parking and warehouses. 

All relevant agencies have strictly followed ICAO’s recommendations prior to the organization's scheduled Universal Security Audit Program (USAP) of the two airports in September, and the director is confident that the results will be positive to Thailand's civil aviation industry.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-07-12

"Strictly followed" is not a normal That trait. It's more like "crackdown" mentality in Thailand. What they need to learn is to strictly follow the guidelines in the weeks, months, and years to come.
If they had strictly followed the guidelines in the past then they wouldn't be in the current crisis.

I'll,be surprised if they don't pass... I'm sure there will be some little issues but they wouldn't be that stupid ...would they !!??? Now come back in 6 months or so time and I'm sure they won't ! maintenance and the likes isn't a strong point of Thai mentality . We wait and see ! 

1 hour ago, Nigeone said:

I'll,be surprised if they don't pass... I'm sure there will be some little issues but they wouldn't be that stupid ...would they !!??? Now come back in 6 months or so time and I'm sure they won't ! maintenance and the likes isn't a strong point of Thai mentality . We wait and see ! 

The words "maintenance" (as in maintenance of sewage treatment plants) and "audit" (as in audit of government funding programmes) are not in the Thai language.