1 year Non O only 7 day extension of 90 day stay?

I just went to Patong immigration to extend my 90 day in country stay on the 1 year Non O visa and they said they can only extend for 7 days.  I was under the impression you could extend for 60 days.  The guy at the counter said in the past yes, but not now.  Is there a new  law I don't know about?

6 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Interesting.  IO officer mentioned nothing of this and my Mrs was waiting outside in the car.  They told me I had to do a border run and get another 90 days.

Probably an officer not familiar with the rules.

Go back and put to visit my Thai wife on the application form. Have you wife with you, your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of her house book registry and ID card with you.

4 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

To conclude this, my wife called up a different immigration office and they agreed that if the 1 year Non O was issued outside of TH, then they could only extend for 7 days.  

The response received by your wife would have depended on the question she asked. As  general rule the answer provided is correct, 

HOWEVER --------------------------------------

Any entry from a visa exempt stamp, tourist visa or from a multi-entry "O" visa can be extended by 60 days for the purpose of "visiting" a Thai wife/husband or child.

48 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Is there a URL of this in Thai that I can print out in case they stand by their "can not "?

15 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

To conclude this, my wife called up a different immigration office and they agreed that if the 1 year Non O was issued outside of TH, then they could only extend for 7 days.  

Any type of entry can be extended for 60 days.  From police order 327/2551.

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Permission shall be granted for one time and no more than 60 days.
(1) There must be proof of relationship.
(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.

Download: Police Order 327/2557  basis for extension of stay.