Purchasing a firearm, advice needed

On 31/7/2560 at 2:22 PM, wildewillie89 said:

Train yourself and buy a dog. My dog supposedly is meant to have the stopping power of a .45 caliber. Much safer for the family, and is always on the ready - not locked away in a safe.   

and there was i thinking you were a responsable DOG owner.

sending your best freind into danger.

its ME FIRST.

6 hours ago, meatboy said:

its ME FIRST.

My dog is a working dog. It is impossible not for her to go in first unless she is caged her whole life. Maybe understand the breed before commenting (the other poster said you knew about dogs, bit of a silly comment to make if you did). Something as simple as taking a dog in a car in Thailand to a park is statistically more dangerous than what my dog goes through. Do you take your dog in the car regularly? 

Responsibility comes in the form of training yourself (which I did tell the OP to do) and setting up environments to prevent any situations that the dog may well perceive as threats (thus creating potential risks). I did an apprenticeship for 10 years with two smaller similar minded dogs to learn these things. However, actual threats are real life situations (burglaries, threats on your families life). That is her job and has been the breeds job for at least 3,000 years now. The breed would be extinct if the dog was not allowed to do these things...as it almost was before being taken up for government uses.

You inject your dog with 8 vaccines a year from memory (7 in 1 plus rabies) when all the world bodies have not only told the Thai government but all dog owners not to due to the massive health risks. Lets not get personal regarding 'responsible ownership' :). The risk of threats for my dog are relatively isolated, but are obviously there. Unnecessary injections seem routine for you. 

In terms of the post, it seemed a much safer option for all than what the other option was (a gun). But thanks for the completely irrelevant comment. In future I suggest you play the ball, not the man.

Edited by wildewillie89

21 hours ago, meatboy said:

its ME FIRST.

yep i dont need a gun,if they get past me the next door they open they will come face to face with their worst nightmare?

THE WIFE.:shock1: