Transport Ministry pushes for construction of truck terminals

webfact

Transport Ministry pushes for construction of truck terminals

PNECO600713001002101.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 July 2017 (NNT) – The Ministry of Transport held a seminar on the transport and logistics costs to promote the construction of truck terminals. 

Deputy Transport Minister Phichit Akkharathit chaired the opening ceremony for the seminar, which discussed the quality of goods transport in the digital age. He presented a study on the role of the Department of Land Transport's (DLT) truck terminals in the development of truck logistics, and a study on the cost structure of cargo truck operators. 

The seminar also awarded Q Mark trophies to 49 truck operators who have passed evaluations by the DLT as well as independent assessments. Since 2009, 370 operators have received the Q Mark, certifying almost 52,000 trucks. 

DLT Director-General Sanit Promwong said that truck terminals are part of the nation's road cargo transport development, helping to reduce overall logistics costs.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-07-14

How about getting the police off the roads...

There's more policework going in to stopping trucks at the side of the road than anything else, except scooters.

I guess 'terminals' would provide good public areas where police could congregate off-road and funnel trucks inside to avoid traffic jams while they further delay the arrival of produce from our supermarket shelves.

How about getting the police off the roads...

There's more policework going in to stopping trucks at the side of the road than anything else, except scooters.

I guess 'terminals' would provide good public areas where police could congregate off-road and funnel trucks inside to avoid traffic jams while they further delay the arrival of produce from our supermarket shelves.

I must confess that I really haven't noticed much in the way of police "on the roads".

Mind you it's a couple of weeks until the end of month bills are due, and it has been raining a lot...

I must confess that I really haven't noticed much in the way of police "on the roads".
Mind you it's a couple of weeks until the end of month bills are due, and it has been raining a lot...

Actually not quite true - there was some sort of VIP convoy to the airport the other day and there were literally dozens and dozens of them all over the place like a rash; two at the end of every soi, standing at all the footbridges and so on, all the way through Chiang Rai. I really don't know where they keep them the rest of the time?

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

How about getting the freight off the roads and on to the railway......................Oh.:unsure:

A huge truck terminal at Klong Luang , Pathum Thani, underutilized for years.

http://www.unescap.org/sites/default/files/10.3.Thailand.pdf

Probably because much of the network is falling to bits as it was in Malaysia . Sensible speed upgrades are needed . More people and Freight will use a reliable safe railway network. 

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Actually they were catching bikes opposite Central Bangna again - but as far as trucks go it's been quiet. They've been working on the toll-booth area in Bangplii, painting the weighbridge (now unused for about 2 months as far as I can see).

They still have the police with the 'big' bikes hanging around the toll-booths with the Action Cameras on their helmets and there are always a ridiculous number of trucks parked up there (looks like a rest area!).

You're right about the rain though - a couple of areas blocked by the new roadworks around soi 103 have seen full time police directing traffic during morning rush hour - they stayed in bed today. It was murder!

Edited by ben2talk

Paris North and South " gares routieres " Rungis exist since the '60s to avoid trucks to go inside the City.

I had summer work at the North one.....

Long over due in Bangkok for sure.....