Police operation at Nana to catch trans-national criminals

webfact

How much "tea money"....oops!...sorry...how much in fines was harvested on this lovely super bowl draw night?

tourist confidence?:cheesy:...it surely gives confidence to the honest tourists who get pulled over by a squadron of boys in green and brown, who care challenged and maybe asked for tea money because they left their passports at their hotel....

or being pulled over on the pavement, falsely accused of drug use, being forced to pee on the road??....this racket was going on just after the military coup near khaosan a few years back, with innocent tourists being taken to the police stations and being racketed for money to drop the false charges of drug use...

it's time for international press and embassies to get involved once again to warn foreigners that  farangs can be racketed by the military or the police....and better to avoid going to Thailand until things calm down a bit.

http://time.com/3674200/thailand-tourism-police-corruption-shakedown-extortion/

Edited by observer90210

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The operation followed complaints that the Nana area had some criminals among tourists, Pol Maj General Surachet Hakpan said."

Yeah, the bar owners.

"The operation in Soi Nana 4 – which was not backed by a court warrant – was specifically targeting “black people,” according to the commander of the raid."

Blatant racism is alive and shameful in LOS.

you think this achieved anything?

Not ideal by any means but it is a start. I lived on Soi 5 a decade ago. Every 3 weeks back then Soi 3/1 would be raided and most in the area taken away by the BIB. They need to hit the area hard more often to clean up the lower Sukhumvit's "Little Africa" zone they have carved out to ply their crimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, grantbkk said:

Not ideal by any means but it is a start. I lived on Soi 5 a decade ago. Every 3 weeks back then Soi 3/1 would be raided and most in the area taken away by the BIB. They need to hit the area hard more often to clean up the lower Sukhumvit's "Little Africa" zone they have carved out to ply their crimes.

just another crack down. 10 years in pattaya and i saw them every couple months on beach rd. nothing changed.

27 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Maybe you haven't been there in awhile! I was sitting at a bar overlooking the passersby and could not believe the amount of african prostitutes walking back and forth.. To top it off on the corner had a gang of no less than 6 males harrassing tourists and grabbing at single thai women as they walked past. 

What gets me is why the police are only focusing on visa violations? Surely they know what these Africans are doing and could easily catch and charge them for a more serious crime.. 

That would be asking them to work, and we can't have that, just as they won't target the illegal workers and the ones who employ them.

the commander doesn't have a clue that saying to a reporter that we are targeting" black people" is racist . Most Thais don't know what racism means. This is one of examples showing how poor Thai educational system is.

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

and what about all the russian hookers and their mafia oriented pimps?

I must have read a different article to you because I didn't see any mention of Russians or mafia 

18 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

he commander doesn't have a clue that saying to a reporter that we are targeting" black people" is racist . Most Thais don't know what racism means. This is one of examples showing how poor Thai educational system is.

Why should they?......racist is just a confected word (like homophobic) used to shut down debate created by the so-called progressives (Greens, LGBT etc...you know who they are)   who consider themselves liberals but in reality are totalitarians and brook no opposition.

Why should they?......racist is just a confected word (like homophobic) used to shut down debate created by the so-called progressives (Greens, LGBT etc...you know who they are)   who consider themselves liberals but in reality are totalitarians and brook no opposition.

I believe if we are going full Politically Correct here they should be referred to as Criminals of Color (CoC).

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Who in their right mind would even think of dipping their wick in any of those unlovelies :shock1:

I think I recognise one or two of them....but to be fair I may not have been in my right mind at the time.

Very business like as I recall and nowhere near as much fun as a Thai girl to be honest.

And to be completely honest on of the Ugandan (I think) girls was one of the best looking woman I have ever seen (apart from the dreadlocks). She could easily have been a supermodel. Tall and with the body and face of a goddess. Skin like silk.

Edited by tryasimight

24 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Who in their right mind would even think of dipping their wick in any of those unlovelies :shock1:

7 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I think I recognise one or two of them....but to be fair I may not have been in my right mind at the time.

Very business like as I recall and nowhere near as much fun as a Thai girl to be honest.

And to be completely honest on of the Ugandan (I think) girls was one of the best looking woman I have ever seen (apart from the dreadlocks). She could easily have been a supermodel. Tall and with the body and face of a goddess. Skin like silk.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
There are already beautiful gazelles out there, but they are rare.
Some have a rack that can only be found in african or south american women.
With very few, when they stand, you can actually put a coffee cup on their buttocks without it falling down.:post-4641-1156694572:

4 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

What about Thai-Transgenders ? :shock1::shock1:

Aren't they cause any nuisance in Nana ?

They are Thai. Or at the least SE Asian. This was an operation against African hookers and drug dealers. The token blonde haired, blue eyed German in question was added so as not to make it look like racial profiling.

5 hours ago, humqdpf said:

Note that they only went for people who were of African appearance/origin. They must have trawled for hours at Soi 4 as I have never seen that many African people on Soi 4 during my walk throughs at any hour of the day or night. Or maybe they are including soi 3 and 5 along with the sub-sois but that is a separate area on the other side of Sukhumvit.

Wrong many all up soi 3 soi 4 soi 5 all the way up sukhumvit rd for last 3 years " grace hotel full of isis on rar no problems . Tea money 

7 hours ago, humqdpf said:

Note that they only went for people who were of African appearance/origin. They must have trawled for hours at Soi 4 as I have never seen that many African people on Soi 4 during my walk throughs at any hour of the day or night. Or maybe they are including soi 3 and 5 along with the sub-sois but that is a separate area on the other side of Sukhumvit.

Then you haven't been around there lately, seen any Youtube videos, or read the recent reports by Stickman and others.  African sex workers and drug dealers have been increasing along Sukhumvit and down the various sois between soi 3 and Asok in huge numbers recently, including encroaching into soi 4.

Chou you got that right. There plenty walking up and down outside na na the other week..( my mate told me...) Even two sat in the beer garden on soi 7 last week! ..my mate also told me about that . ?

Edited by goldenbrwn1