New 10 year Visa

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Is the Thai Elite scheme not something better, with good visa renewal assistance and all the other perks, then this 10 year visa?

Some have pointed out that a savy investor could lose more money by tying up money in the new scheme, than paying a lump-sum for the Elite.  I consider both much too steep a price for permission to live somewhere and spend my foreign-sourced income into that economy.  But if rolling in dough, the hefty visa-fee or lost investment-income is no different than the purchase of other high-end (I would say "insanely overpriced") goods or services which one might enjoy.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Some have pointed out that a savy investory could lose more money by tying up money in the new scheme, than paying a lump-sum for the Elite.  I consider both much too steep a price for permission to live somewhere and spend my foreign-sourced income into that economy.  But if rolling in dough, the hefty visa-fee or lost investment-income is no different than the purchase of other high-end (I would say "insanely overpriced") goods or services which one might enjoy.

Very true and they could make a special, long-term Non O visa for the 50+ having invested in property in Thailand, without all the immigration, unrealistic money requirements and visa hassles!

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Very true and they could make a special, long-term Non O visa for the 50+ having invested in property in Thailand, without all the immigration, unrealistic money requirements and visa hassles!

There is - and you don't have to be 50.  It requires a 10M Baht investment in new-condos or other approved investments.  I would suggest anyone considering any of the higher priced visa/extension options take a look at that possibility.  With an investment-based scheme, you get to keep "your money" (or condos) and can cash out and leave - but it really boils down to the relative rate of return vs other investment opportunities, over whatever time-span.

On 7/14/2017 at 1:17 PM, ezzra said:

I think that this new law will be massaged and reshaped many times over

before it will be announced to be the final product, let's face it, how many

foreigners can have the 3 millions in the bank for such period of time?

not may i guess, so what's the point of the new law if only a few can really

make a use of it?

but than again, not many things make sense in this country either....

even if the 3M, the insurance is onerous

You can withdraw the funds down to a minimum of 1.8 million baht.
Info about the non-ox visa is here on the DC embassy website. http://thaiembdc.org/non-immigrant-visa-category-o-x-long-stay/
Immigration still has not come out with a list of requirements.
So you can withdraw down from 3m to 1.5m per your link after a year and keep a minimum of 1.5m thereafter? So no need to top back up to 3m in the future? I'm Ignoring the income option.

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
You can withdraw the funds down to a minimum of 1.8 million baht.
Info about the non-ox visa is here on the DC embassy website. http://thaiembdc.org/non-immigrant-visa-category-o-x-long-stay/

So you can withdraw down from 3m to 1.5m per your link after a year and keep a minimum of 1.5m thereafter? So no need to top back up to 3m in the future? I'm Ignoring the income option.

You have to keep 1.8 million in a Thai bank. No need to top it up to 3 million.

• Like 1

Is the Thai Elite in that case not a better option as the start price for the Elite Easy Access is 500'000 THB (5 years)?
I'd say definitely not the thai elite, will cost you far more. I'd avoid the thai elite unless its a last resort. I'll probably just stick to the 800k retirement option, but I'm exploring the 3m option as I'm planning on buying a condo anyway, but for me its a struggle to see any benefit with 3m option
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, observer90210 said:
Is the Thai Elite in that case not a better option as the start price for the Elite Easy Access is 500'000 THB (5 years)?

I'd say definitely not the thai elite, will cost you far more. I'd avoid the thai elite unless its a last resort. I'll probably just stick to the 800k retirement option, but I'm exploring the 3m option as I'm planning on buying a condo anyway, but for me its a struggle to see any benefit with 3m option

thanks for your feedback. but please correct me if I am wrong, the starting package for Thai Elite (Easy Access) is at 500k and the retirement option you state is 800k, not to mention all the assistance one gets for the extention of stays with Thai Elite?...

thanks for your feedback. but please correct me if I am wrong, the starting package for Thai Elite (Easy Access) is at 500k and the retirement option you state is 800k, not to mention all the assistance one gets for the extention of stays with Thai Elite?...
You realise that in your example the thai elite costs 500k and never to be seen again vs retirement 800k which is still your money and you can withdraw and top up back to 800k prior to immigration time?
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

You realise that in your example the thai elite costs 500k and never to be seen again vs retirement 800k which is still your money and you can withdraw and top up back to 800k prior to immigration time?

good point. thanks for the feedback!

30 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

The 800k baht for an extension is still your money in a bank account.

The 500k baht is a the fee for a 5 year membership. They keep the 500k baht.

• Thanks 1

Is this new 10 year visa dead in the water or is it a option now?....The silence around this visa has been deafening ever sense they announced it was (  kinda sorta maybe for sure available now ) ,after many long preceding delays.....

I still have not seen a for sure list of this visas requirements...They had changed the requirements a number of times in the year or two they said this visa was in the planning stage,so people were left with jumbled up information on what this visa entails.. 

Edited by fforest1

32 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Is this new 10 year visa dead in the water or is it a option now?....The silence around this visa has been deafening ever sense they announced it was (  kinda sorta maybe for sure available now ) ,after many long preceding delays.....

I still have not seen a for sure list of this visas requirements...They had changed the requirements a number of times in the year or two they said this visa was in the planning stage,so people were left with jumbled up information on what this visa entails.. 

No not dead it is shown on several embassy websites now for the non-ox visa. I guess you missed this post I did on page 3.

On 9/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, ubonjoe said: