Slow internet

curtklay

I have TOT Fibre 2 U service rated at 80/20, and it has been very satisfactory. However, for the past 3 days, international sites in the US have been very slow to connect with both ethernet and wi-fi. This has been especially noticeable with banking and financial sites. Speed tests on Ookla are normal, but testmynet has been all over the place at various times of the day. The test servers seem to be connecting to unusual locations like Japan instead of the usual Singapore or Vientiane.

Anybody know if there are problems with the international gateway or under sea lines like we've seen in the past? Anybody else noticing slow speeds to international sites?

I haven't contacted TOT yet, because I expect the usual "everything looks OK to us".

Edited by curtklay

I agree. My international speed has been very erratic for at least the last week. Also experience many connection time out errors mostly related to DNS. My local speed test in Thailand is always in the high 90's download and in the mid 30's upload but trying selected servers out of Thailand and the speeds are are over the place

If I were you, I'd inform TOT of your problem. They've been very helpful in the past and some issues in the past were awarded a much higher Fiber Optic connection.

They even run a website where you can criticize the work some technicians have done, should you not be satisfied.

No problems with my internet so far.   

Edited by Mianoinadme