Repositioned tap - Water pressure issue.

JaiMaai

We've had some work done, part of which involved moving a tap that a washing machine was fed from.

we needed to add about 12 inches of pipe (all horizontal) and a couple of 90 degree joints and a new tap (the old one broke). The water pressure has gone from "normal" to almost zero.

One of the 90 joints was at the top of the vertical pipe where the tap used to be. Is this the likely problem or is it as simple as the new tap is dodgy?

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

That should have made almost no difference.

Have you removed the plastic "thingy" inside the tap nozzle, I find they block but a new tap should be just fine?

EDIT A thought, pop the tap off and make sure there's no PTFE tape across the opening.

Do you mean pressure or flow?

Take the tap off and try. This will answer your question. I see evidence of white "goop" on the tap threads? 

Stick a bit of clear plastic pipe over the end raise it as high as you can vertically in the air and see how far up the water goes. This is pressure.

I mean flow. The water is not flowing from that tap at all. Another tap nearby is flowing well. Although pressure is not that high.

Anyway even with the tap removed there is a mere trickle coming out the fitting. I'm guessing there must be a blockage somewhere in the new pipe. Though how that happened, who knows.

I'll need to get the guys back out to check it.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

sounds maybe like  a blob of rogue cement in the pipe   a common mistake  when cleanliness of  procedure  not observed  and pipe ends not covered when pushing through walls etc

maybe some help  expect the unexpected when using local /non local labour

Got a fixed now. Seems it was excess glue that had run. (likely? comments? ) The handyman guy pointed it out to me but I didn't pay too much attention. It was in one of the joints outside so maybe not cement?

Archived