Retirement visa issued in Laos

according to the following: http://www.thai-consulate.net/thai-embassy-in-laos.html, marriage visa can be issued by the thai embassies in Laos; altho there are other items that are clearly indicated in the article that those embassies will NOT do, there is no mention of Retirement visa; these is mention of Marriage visa; am i  to conclude that they just will not do the Retirement ? if so, it is possible to get a marriage visa (i am married to a thai) and then convert that visa inside thailand to Retirement ?

Edited by YetAnother

I assume you noticed that is not a official website and the info on it is dated "February 11, 2013".

A marriage or retirement visa does not exist. You can apply for a non-o visa based upon those reasons.

You can get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement in Vientiane but you need financial proof, a medical and police certificate.

You can get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Vientiane and then apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

4 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

thanks UBJ; wonder why they dont update that website; would think it is in their own best interest

It appears to be more of a blog than anything else. As I wrote it is not a official Thai government website.