Samsung S7 Edge useless expensive phone. Don't buy Samsung products.

I bought a Samsung S7 Edge from Lazada 10 months ago with 12 month guarantee. After 5 months the motherboard went.. Went to Samsung to get repaired. Told the phone is a "B" grade phone so would have to pay for repair. "B" grade? What's that? I researched and found that outlets like Lazada and MBK in BKK sell phones as "new" but are varying grades from A to C written on the back of the phone. Buyer beware. These are second hand phones which have had various defects which were repaired or replaced. Not new!!! I looked at getting a new phone as the repair would be 8000B. New phone with extras and 1 yr guarantee 17000B at the time, now cheaper. I was assured by the Samsung repair service centre that the repair would result in a practically new phone which had a 3 month guarantee. Ok, expensive but with a 3 month guarantee may be ok. NO!!!!

I had the motherboard replaced and paid my 8000B. Less than a month later the screen got a pink line down the RHS of the screen. Looked up the problem online, very common defect. Brought it back to Samsung who said that only the motherboard is guaranteed! <deleted>. A guarantee for a Samsung phone does not mean just 1 part of the phone, does it? I argued and refused to pay a further 9000B for the screen! Long story short the screen was reluctantly replaced. After 6 weeks the screen went blank and would not come on. I returned to Samsung and they say that the screen was replaced but is not guaranteed?  Samsung's warranties are useless which match their phones! I will be buying the Sony XZ premium next. Fed up with Samsung low grade high priced products. There are many disgruntled customers on here who have bought many of their products and were duped with the supposed guarantee. 

STAY FAR FROM SAMSUNG, THEIR TV's CAN SPY ON YOU IF CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. THEIR PRODUCTS ARE LOW GRADE AND HIGHLY PRICED. I PHONES ARE THE SPY FORCE FOR THE US GOVERNMENT.  

IMHO GO SONY.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they fixed a grey market screen worth 9000thb  for free and youre still  complaining lol 

i buy those MBK phones all the time and i understand that when i break it nobody is going to pickup the tab 

thats why you pay 16k instead of 25k for the latest models etc 

I will agree samsung screens are overpriced though ,i had to pay 6300 for a screen of a note 5 last month 

i think it would be about 16-17k for a brand  new one but i like it so i paid it 

they have u by the balls because even if you had the spare part ,theyre really tricky to install it without <deleted>;cking it up 

because the screen overlay amoled panel  and the digitizer are melted together 

I have an Samsung N5100 Tablet.  2 Samsung Note 4's. 1 Galaxy S5 and one Galaxy S7 all purchased in Thailand one Note 4 purchased from Lazada and one Note 4 refurbished.  There is a free program that tells you all the info about phone like where it's made and when and so on.  Google Playstore.  I have never had a problem with any of my phones and have just installed a new battery in the N5100. All my phones and Tablet work in conjunction with my Dell computer and Sony smart TV.  I like the removable battery and IR blaster in the Note 4's and S5.  Don't know that I'll buy another new one because those features are gone.  I don't think there is another phone even close to being as good and the old N5100 tablet that also functions as a phone is almost impossible to replace. 

Just now, amvet said:

I have an Samsung N5100 Tablet.  2 Samsung Note 4's. 1 Galaxy S5 and one Galaxy S7 all purchased in Thailand one Note 4 purchased from Lazada and one Note 4 refurbished.  There is a free program that tells you all the info about phone like where it's made and when and so on.  Google Playstore.  I have never had a problem with any of my phones and have just installed a new battery in the N5100. All my phones and Tablet work in conjunction with my Dell computer and Sony smart TV.  I like the removable battery and IR blaster in the Note 4's and S5.  Don't know that I'll buy another new one because those features are gone.  I don't think there is another phone even close to being as good and the old N5100 tablet that also functions as a phone is almost impossible to replace. 

note 4 is like a brick compared to modern devices ,i have one on my desk now and it looks comical but it was a flagship device in its day 

almost nobody needs an ir blaster and phones can be slimmer and waterproof if theyre properly sealed which most customers seem to prefer nowadays 

31 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

note 4 is like a brick compared to modern devices ,i have one on my desk now and it looks comical but it was a flagship device in its day 

almost nobody needs an ir blaster and phones can be slimmer and waterproof if theyre properly sealed which most customers seem to prefer nowadays 

I understand what you are saying, my point was that I have 5 Samsung top of the line phones and tablets from 2013 to today purchased in Thailand from Lazada and Samsung and the corner shop with no problems. 

Say and think what you want. I had two Samsung S4 phones and the mainboards failed on both. The worst thing is that I was stupid enough to buy an S5 and guess what? Another mainboard failure. I learned my lesson. No more overpriced Samsung phones for me.

dont have a smart phone. my seven year old, 900 baht nokia does me just fine

have a three year old tablet and basic laptop

unaware i'm missing out on anything, in fact i gain, i take notice of the wonderful word around me as i'm not staring at my phone all day and consumed by the pointless minutiae of other peoples lives posted on social media

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

dont have a smart phone. my seven year old, 900 baht nokia does me just fine

have a three year old tablet and basic laptop

unaware i'm missing out on anything, in fact i gain, i take notice of the wonderful word around me as i'm not staring at my phone all day and consumed by the pointless minutiae of other peoples lives posted on social media

1.  Got driving instructions turn by turn to find hotel after dark in Thailand at a place I'd never been.
2.  Checked prescription meds on the net and saved my life as Dr prescribed wrong pills.
3.  Checked my house camera's for security (have five).
4.  Adjusted AC unit with IR blaster on Galaxy S5.
5.  Used translation software many times.
6.  Used photo's acquired on INTERNET to purchase items when communication was a problem.
7.  Kept children occupied when waiting at hospital.
8.  Using a smartphone is the same as using electric lights instead candles.

I have a Asus laptop and Samsung tablet but some days don't want to carry and the smartphone is easy to reach on my belt. 

9 hours ago, Gary A said:

Say and think what you want. I had two Samsung S4 phones and the mainboards failed on both. The worst thing is that I was stupid enough to buy an S5 and guess what? Another mainboard failure. I learned my lesson. No more overpriced Samsung phones for me.

If you bought them at a Samsung dealer the replacements would have been free. Perhaps the problem is not with the phone if 3 in a row have gone out.  Seems suspicious to me. 

Just yesterday, my friend's Samsung phone died. I went with him to Tukcom and he bought a new Huawei for half of what an equivalent Samsung would have cost. He is a bit skeptical about how long the Huawei will last but he liked the price.

Suspicious? How can that be? Do you think that I somehow caused the phones to stop working?

I had the mainboard replaced in the S5 Samsung and am still using it. The tethering and 4G have disappeared but the call quality is good and the camera works OK. If/when it dies again, no way will I have it repaired. 

23 minutes ago, Gary A said:

Suspicious? How can that be? Do you think that I somehow caused the phones to stop working?

For so many to break in the  same way, sounds more than coincidental, just a guess,but you may be dropping them and either getting a hairline  crack in the motherboard or humidity is getting in somehow through a  broken casing.  Hard to know for sure. Be interesting to see what happens when you buy another brand of phone though.

My wife was using the S5 when it died. She is pretty careful with her phone and I'm sure it wasn't abused. I replaced it with a 10,000 baht Xiaomi that she is very happy with. When the S5 came back from repair I tried to give it back to her. She told me that the Xiaomi is faster, has a better camera and the battery lasts longer. That's why I am using the S5.

As a side note, I still have an old S3. I had to replace the touchscreen about a year ago. That phone made me a Samsung fan. Pao Mobile in Tukcom  replaced the screen for me. I think they charged me about 1,600 baht. At the same time I had them check out the S4. I was told that they could repair it but that the phone wasn't worth repairing. I sold it to another shop for 500 baht, Pao didn't want it. 

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

My wife was using the S5 when it died. She is pretty careful with her phone and I'm sure it wasn't abused. I replaced it with a 10,000 baht Xiaomi that she is very happy with. When the S5 came back from repair I tried to give it back to her. She told me that the Xiaomi is faster, has a better camera and the battery lasts longer. That's why I am using the S5.

2 hours ago, Gary A said:

Just yesterday, my friend's Samsung phone died. I went with him to Tukcom and he bought a new Huawei for half of what an equivalent Samsung would have cost. He is a bit skeptical about how long the Huawei will last but he liked the price.

I had the mainboard replaced in the S5 Samsung and am still using it. The tethering and 4G have disappeared but the call quality is good and the camera works OK. If/when it dies again, no way will I have it repaired. 

Huawei flagship devices are  practically as expensive as Samsung now unfortunately due to their success 

If he got one 50% cheaper I would bet it didn't have the exact same spec

They are lovely phones tho, check the mate 9 with the 6" screen, it's not cheap but it's beautiful

That maybe my next phone

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

I love my S7 edge, will soon be filing it in the drawer (next to my S6 and S5) and grabbing the S8.

Samsung phones are awesome.

Would also recommend medical treatment for your "gotta upgrade/replace my phone every year" condition.

19 minutes ago, Pib said:

Would also recommend medical treatment for your "gotta upgrade/replace my phone every year" condition.

You should see my Nokia collection !!

All my "old" phones are kept in their original boxes with all accessories, might be worth something one day, hopefully my great grandson can sell em to buy a beer or 2 at the pub !!!

11 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

You should see my Nokia collection !!

All my "old" phones are kept in their original boxes with all accessories, might be worth something one day, hopefully my great grandson can sell em to buy a beer or 2 at the pub !!!

Yea, I generally keep all my old phones also along with their original boxes, packaging, accessories, etc., because by the time I'm ready to replace/upgrade them they are so old they are not worth much or wanted by many....except maybe wanted museums.     I pretty much keep original packaging/accessories/documentation/etc., for all key electronic equipment I get like phones, tablets, computers, TVs, kitchen appliances, just about everything which is electronic/electrical.  Now if the box/packaging it came in is large like a TV I don't keep that but I'll sure keep everything else.

But for me, I'm not an "upgrade every year kind of guy."   The wife and I both use Samsung's S4's which continue to work fine....tablet is a Samsung Note 10.1 from 2012 and continues to work fine, I use my laptops for at least 5-7 years before upgrading, my 2009 Toyota  Fortuner I bought new is still running fine, etc....etc...etc. 

I pretty much use/keep electronic stuff much more than a year....a decade may be closer to the average.   I apparently don't have the "upgrade frequently/every year gene anomaly."    Of course I know many would say I have a "keep it forever gene defect."   Companies like Samsung, Apple, etc. would only do one-tenth of the business they do now if everyone hung onto to their stuff like me.    :tongue:   

12 minutes ago, Pib said:

But for me, I'm not an "upgrade every year kind of guy."   The wife and I both use Samsung's S4's which continue to work fine....tablet is a Samsung Note 10.1 from 2012 and continues to work fine, I use my laptops for at least 5-7 years before upgrading, my 2009 Toyota  Fortuner I bought new is still running fine, etc....etc...etc. 

Yeah my employer provides me with a new phone and laptop every year, my choice to take what is offered or buy my own and put in for reimbursement, which if I exceed the funds allocated comes from my pocket.... makes for a cheap upgrade every year though and as I purchased them they are mine.

22 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Huawei flagship devices are  practically as expensive as Samsung now unfortunately due to their success 

I dumped my Samsung for a Mate-9 last December. Things I noticed: priced about 30% less than a Samsung equivalent, top notch performance specs to match Samsung's with less pointless stuff added like curved edges and less bloatware! Leica camera and Leica leather case. Great UI. A battery that lasts 3 days and recharges in 90 minutes or less. O/s UI updates every other month to make the experience even better.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:58 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

I dumped my Samsung for a Mate-9 last December. Things I noticed: priced about 30% less than a Samsung equivalent, top notch performance specs to match Samsung's with less pointless stuff added like curved edges and less bloatware! Leica camera and Leica leather case. Great UI. A battery that lasts 3 days and recharges in 90 minutes or less. O/s UI updates every other month to make the experience even better.

A check on Lazada shows Samsung S7 or 8 about the same price as Mate 9.  Mate 9 has bigger battery Samsung has better screen graphics.  Up to you.

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Don't buy at Lazada. Easy as that.

I just received my 136th order from Lazada with no problems.  2016 Alibaba Group announced that it intended to acquire a controlling interest in Lazada by paying $500 million for new shares and buying $500M worth of shares from existing investors.  I believe you are a bit out of date.  Most people except on ThaiVisa have no problems with Lazada.  

28 minutes ago, amvet said:

I just received my 136th order from Lazada with no problems.  2016 Alibaba Group announced that it intended to acquire a controlling interest in Lazada by paying $500 million for new shares and buying $500M worth of shares from existing investors.  I believe you are a bit out of date.  Most people except on ThaiVisa have no problems with Lazada.  

Many bad reports here on TV. Then they sell imported goods without warranty. Better pay the regular price and be safe.

1 hour ago, amvet said:

Nonsense .... Most people I know including myself have at least 1 dreadful story about ordering or trying to get a refund from lazada! 

I think we have found a lazada  shareholder, everybody... :biggrin:

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Nonsense .... Most people I know including myself have at least 1 dreadful story about ordering or trying to get a refund from lazada! 

I think we have found a lazada  shareholder, everybody... :biggrin:

Nonsense back at ya.  if Lazada was so bad Alibaba Group would not have paid 1000M for their shares last year. Eh?  Follow the money.  Is Samsung broke?  Is Lazada broke?  Is Alibaba in trouble?  I order COD 95% of the time and never have any problems.  No COD I buy it somewhere else.  But if I was you I wouldn't order from Lazada, obvious you have bad karma. The same with the OP and the other guy with the motherboard problem.  Bad Karma.  Back to Old Blighty and get some proper customer service. 

6 minutes ago, amvet said:

Nonsense back at ya.  if Lazada was so bad Alibaba Group would not have paid 1000M for their shares last year. Eh?  Follow the money.  Is Samsung broke?  Is Lazada broke?  Is Alibaba in trouble?  I order COD 95% of the time and never have any problems.  No COD I buy it somewhere else.  But if I was you I wouldn't order from Lazada, obvious you have bad karma. The same with the OP and the other guy with the motherboard problem.  Bad Karma.  Back to Old Blighty and get some proper customer service. 

Blighty? Explains it all....  :biggrin:

Archived