Samsung S7 Edge useless expensive phone. Don't buy Samsung products.

I would not buy Sony... I bought a Sony smart phone some years back... after a little over 15 months the phone died and Sony told me that the repair would be more or less the same price as a new phone.

I'm going Huawei all the way now - got 3 units (2 tablets and 1 phone) and all are working great.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Samsung A8. Been with me and working like a champ for several years.  The only issue I have is the battery goes dead right soon after it hits 15% or so.  Very common problem.  Have a new battery being shipped and will have it installed when I am back in LOS this October.  Battery cost: 400 baht (Not bought in LOS) with 200-300 baht install.  I also own an older iPhone.  When that dies....no more iPhones.  Only Android for me.  Will only buy Samsung or LG phones here on out. 

Whilst I appreciate the news that these 'outlets' are selling used phones as new and will avoid them, I have to add my Samsung S7 has been a very good phone.

I have been in their service centre though, and certainly would not like to be a member of the throng trying to get my phone repaired I saw in there! (I was just trying to get a new remote... easier to order a 'used' one from xxxxxx..haha).

If you want high priced there is another maker out there!

I am a little cynical when it comes to service quality in Thailand, and different service centres may vary, and some are swamped. My old Sony phone gave me grief, but happy with their now out-of-production laptops.

"I got a couple of mates that have had 12 months & love them

ONLY buy from a Samsung store , I think you actually have a copy & Samsung is trying to help & defend its name"

Or a local service provider, or even Samsung's own Lazada store, all of whom will save you money and are all authorised dealers.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

I really only want a few things from a phone. I expect it to be reasonably fast for emails and occasional light surfing. Audio quality for calling must be good as well as a decent camera. Decent battery life is also important for me. My wife, on the other hand is into all that social crap. When her S5 died I gave her my spare Windows phone Lumina 640 LTE. She gave it back to me ant told me it was too slow. I then bought her a Xiaomi M5. When I got the S5 back from the repair shop, I handed it to her and she handed it back to me. She said the Xiaomi is faster, has a better camera, a MUCH better speaker and better battery life. I am still using the S5 and it suits me. Somehow it has lost 4G, tethering and hotspot. I rooted the phone and installed a custom operating system, actually several, and none work with 4G, tethering or hotspot. Other than that, the phone works fine, at least for me. It does connect to WiFi. The Lumina 640 LTE hotspot works fine when needed.

8 hours ago, Gary A said:

I really only want a few things from a phone. I expect it to be reasonably fast for emails and occasional light surfing. Audio quality for calling must be good as well as a decent camera. Decent battery life is also important for me. My wife, on the other hand is into all that social crap. When her S5 died I gave her my spare Windows phone Lumina 640 LTE. She gave it back to me ant told me it was too slow. I then bought her a Xiaomi M5. When I got the S5 back from the repair shop, I handed it to her and she handed it back to me. She said the Xiaomi is faster, has a better camera, a MUCH better speaker and better battery life. I am still using the S5 and it suits me. Somehow it has lost 4G, tethering and hotspot. I rooted the phone and installed a custom operating system, actually several, and none work with 4G, tethering or hotspot. Other than that, the phone works fine, at least for me. It does connect to WiFi. The Lumina 640 LTE hotspot works fine when needed.

Flashing custom roms is probably how you lost some of the base features  (4g is  notorious and tethering and hotspot are regional, some carriers make you pay  extra for these features monthly) 

Flash official Samsung Thai rom+firmware+radio +bootloader  and that will  fix your issues with 4g 

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

Flashing custom roms is probably how you lost some of the base features  (4g is  notorious and tethering and hotspot are regional, some carriers make you pay  extra for these features monthly) 

Flash official Samsung Thai rom+firmware+radio +bootloader  and that will  fix your issues with 4g 

I actually did that using Odin. It didn't help. That's the reason I tried custom ROM's. They didn't work either. I use WiFi at home for updates anyways, so not a big loss.

Archived