Samsung S7 Edge useless expensive phone. Don't buy Samsung products.

I am a tech person, personal comp since 82, high musical instruments since the same year.;

Tech companies are producing more and more low grade crap with beta software.

Garnin absolute rubbish, hence my re-naming garbagmin

DSI, total disrespect for its cutomers

Sony, a shadow of its former self

Sangsung, now known as Shitsung

Shit 7 here, easily the worst ph ive ever had and then its also faulty,

The O/S updates have slowed it down considerably (which is how they insidiously "force" you to buy the new model)

this is not just a shitsung scam, crapple do it amongst many others

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, kaorop said:

I am a tech person, personal comp since 82, high musical instruments since the same year.;

The O/S updates have slowed it down considerably (which is how they insidiously "force" you to buy the new model)

Fact as opposed to name calling.  My S5 and Note 4 went from Jellybean, kit kat, lollipop to Marshmallow and If I want Nougat I can root it.  Is this what you call slow updates?

22 minutes ago, kaorop said:

I that's  if true it would be easy to prove

Benchmark your phone and then benchmark it again after every update.... 

I doubt they are making phones slower than they were before but with Android its easy to stay on the older versions or rollback a software upgrade 

I would think the slowing effect is from  the apps are getting more bloated and laden with useless features that drain battery and data  combined with the degradation of a lithium battery which basically loses a couple of % a month..... 

They seal  the phones now so it is no longer easy  to carry 2-3 spare batteries in your car so many people upgrade the phone when it really only needed a new battery

People like to have the latest things anyway... Most don't need too much prodding 

3 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

I doubt they are making phones slower than they were before but with Android its easy to stay on the older versions or rollback a software upgrade 

I would think the slowing effect is from  the apps are getting more bloated and laden with useless features that drain battery and data  combined with the degradation of a lithium battery which basically loses a couple of % a month..... 

They seal  the phones now so it is no longer easy  to carry 2-3 spare batteries in your car so many people upgrade the phone when it really only needed a new battery

People like to have the latest things anyway... Most don't need too much prodding 

I'm really proud of my S5 and Note 4 that I can still change the batteries.  And I changed the non replaceable one in my N5100 Tablet last week.  Not too hard.  I bought the new battery from Lazada it came with the tools to change it.  Samsung has not updated the OS for the N5100 Tablet since 5.1 and gosh it's fast.  I'd forgotten and it does stuff I can't do with Marshmallow or Nougat.  While I was ordering from Lazada I tricked out my N5100 (which I like better than any of the new tablets - I knew there was a reason I over paid for it in 2013) I bought a new case and finger ring for it and a Sony handset which allows me to keep the tablet in my back pack and answer it's phone with the handset clipped to my collar like Capt. Kirk or  when the Thai kids at Starbucks pull out an Iphone I whip out my 8 inch tablet and flash the Drupe dialer with everyone's photo and the pretty colors and make a call from that big thing hanging on to it with the finger ring in the back and dialing with my stylus. 

2 hours ago, amvet said:

Fact as opposed to name calling.  My S5 and Note 4 went from Jellybean, kit kat, lollipop to Marshmallow and If I want Nougat I can root it.  Is this what you call slow updates?

fact is the os runs slower, is what i said

is that what you call slow reading comprehension?

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

speak to any 20 something tech kid, you might get the gist.

im using complex timing related musical instruments almost daily,

i certainly know when something is off beat or slower than before, these updates are multi faceted.

The constant intrusion of "update now" is a fcking pita that IS NOT necessary for MY needs, but I CANNOT turn them

off. Dumb phones are what they are, always asking you something that you should not have to bother with, but if you're fine with a inanimate object forcing you to waste time then have at it..

most people arent tech savy and are actually quite easily fooled by the "latest" crap.

50 minutes ago, kaorop said:

speak to any 20 something tech kid, you might get the gist.

im using complex timing related musical instruments almost daily,

i certainly know when something is off beat or slower than before, these updates are multi faceted.

The constant intrusion of "update now" is a fcking pita that IS NOT necessary for MY needs, but I CANNOT turn them

off. Dumb phones are what they are, always asking you something that you should not have to bother with, but if you're fine with a inanimate object forcing you to waste time then have at it..

most people arent tech savy and are actually quite easily fooled by the "latest" crap.

You can either substantiate your claims or you can't? 

6 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

You can either substantiate your claims or you can't? 

what do i care if you believe me?

but of course i troll forums to make false claims about crap products from deceitful companies 

all day long just for kicks:shock1::sick::sleepy:

Just now, speedtripler said:

Go back to your Musical instruments then... 

At least they understand your tales of woe.. :biggrin:

Yes its to easy to balk fanbois with low expectations and even lower usage levels

who dont understand much more than "yay yay i love xxxx company" marketing :passifier:

Just now, kaorop said:

Yes its to easy to balk fanbois with low expectations and even lower usage levels

who dont understand much more than "yay yay i love xxxx company" marketing :passifier:

You post bullshit on the Internet, and don't like being asked for some proof... 

If you can prove it, I'll join you in the class action class and we will be rich... 

10 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Don't buy at Lazada. Easy as that.

I don't think the OP ever specified WHICH kind of Lazada purchase he made:

1. purchasing an item direct from Lazada itself, or

2. purchasing an item from one of the many 3rd party shops that sell on Lazada.

My guess is, the likelihood of getting a B grade mobile phone is going to be greater if buying from one of the 3rd party shops that sell there vs. buying a phone directly from Lazada itself.  Though, I don't know if Lazada itself is an authorized Samsung retailer.

Bottom line is, you want to buy from someplace where the manufacturer warranty is going to be honored, and where if you're paying for a NEW phone, you're really getting a NEW phone!

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't think the OP ever specified WHICH kind of Lazada purchase he made:

1. purchasing an item direct from Lazada itself, or

2. purchasing an item from one of the many 3rd party shops that sell on Lazada.

My guess is, the likelihood of getting a B grade mobile phone is going to be greater if buying from one of the 3rd party shops that sell there vs. buying a phone directly from Lazada itself.  Though, I don't know if Lazada itself is an authorized Samsung retailer.

Bottom line is, you want to buy from someplace where the manufacturer warranty is going to be honored, and where if you're paying for a NEW phone, you're really getting a NEW phone!

If it's cheaper than buying it from the Samsung store then it's more than likely a refurbished product or a Grey import which Samsung can be a bit more unwilling to repair as they can see the history  by the imei number... 

I buy them all the time, sometimes save 10k but mixed responses when I need help from the repair department 

Most recently they  said additional surcharge of 500thb to work on a non Thai import phone

4 hours ago, kaorop said:

I think the quality control issue with mobile phones lately is not just with Samsung, but with lots of manufacturers. The constant turnover of hardware models, the constant changing of the underlying Android OS, the constant OS upgrades and security fixes, etc etc. often times seems to end up breaking things. Or models get pushed out the door without adequate quality control.

I had a budget smartphone from the U.S. die recently due to a swollen lithium ion battery, and so started shopping for a new phone via Amazon U.S.  Began to lock in on a Motorola Moto G4 as having a good price and the features I wanted.  And then began reading the Amazon reviews, and found a full 20% of buyers of that model were giving it the lowest 1 star rating, complaining of malfunctioning hardware and ghost touches taking over the screen. OK, pass on that.

Began looking at a different ASUS model phone again with good specs and a reasonable price. Began reading the comments on GSMArena. Pretty much everyone liked their phone originally, but then ASUS pushed out an Android 6.0 update that had many many owners complaining that the update literally killed the battery life on their phones and caused them to begin overheating... etc etc...

There's always a lot of review hype whenever new mobile phone models are released. But it's hard to find any particular model that gets consistently high satisfaction marks from its owners/buyers once they've been using it for awhile.  I just want a phone that works and doesn't cause me any grief, and that's not an easy device to find.

4 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Most recently they  said additional surcharge of 500thb to work on a non Thai import phone

I had an older Samsung Galaxy phone from the U.S. that after some years developed a hardware problem, and so I took it to the Samsung repair center in FortuneTown. It wasn't under warranty anymore, and I knew that. I was perfectly willing to pay them if they'd just do the necessary repair for the phone, which I'm sure they could do -- it involved replacing the little metal SIM carrier cover.

They took one look at the model, said this wasn't purchased in Thailand (which it wasn't), and said they would not/could not service the model. Only Thailand bought Samsung phones, they said.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I had an older Samsung Galaxy phone from the U.S. that after some years developed a hardware problem, and so I took it to the Samsung repair center in FortuneTown. It wasn't under warranty anymore, and I knew that. I was perfectly willing to pay them if they'd just do the necessary repair for the phone, which I'm sure they could do -- it involved replacing the little metal SIM carrier cover.

They took one look at the model, said this wasn't purchased in Thailand (which it wasn't), and said they would not/could not service the model. Only Thailand bought Samsung phones, they said.

They have said that to me in the past too... 

Its hit and miss when you buy these devices 

Some even  have different components for different markets so they don't always have the spare parts I learned 

My friend crashed his motorcycle back in 2012 or 2013*and  iPhone in pocket got smashed

Not only would Apple not fix it for cash, they were even rude about it as if we were wasting their time just by asking about how much it costs to fix lol

2 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

They have said that to me in the past too... 

Its hit and miss when you buy these devices 

Did you ever get any Samsung repair center here in Thailand to repair a non-Thai purchased Samsung phone?

If so, which repair center agreed to do so?

You must have had a run of bad luck. I only buy SAMSUNG products and have had only good experiences. 

I gave up my S6 for a J7 because of its minimally larger screen and I dread the day I will need to change it !

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Did you ever get any Samsung repair center here in Thailand to repair a non-Thai purchased Samsung phone?

If so, which repair center agreed to do so?

MBK have done it for me a few times including just last week , it's about 50/50 at the one at fortunetown 

17 minutes ago, Roymac said:

You must have had a run of bad luck. I only buy SAMSUNG products and have had only good experiences. 

I gave up my S6 for a J7 because of its minimally larger screen and I dread the day I will need to change it !

My wife got a J7 thru AIS more than a year ago now, and it's worked perfectly fine for her ever since. I haven't heard any bigger/broader issues going on with that model, which is a good thing.

Samsung have got their fingers in too many pies these days and they are soon going to get burned!  Their quality is suffering as a result - just as an instance, I have always bought Samsung TV's, owned about 4 over the last few years without a problem.

Bought a 4K UHD model, it died after 3 hours, power supply problem - Just Google Samsung failure and you will see just how many people are getting bad products!

I have the Samsung S7 Edge and it is the exact opposite to what the OP OP thinks. I did however buy it from Samsung and paid the full price. I would suggest the OP considers the fact you pay less you get less.

Nothing wrong with Samsung only for those who think they can buy cheap and get the real product

1 minute ago, Formaleins said:

Samsung have got their fingers in too many pies these days and they are soon going to get burned!  Their quality is suffering as a result - just as an instance, I have always bought Samsung TV's, owned about 4 over the last few years without a problem.

Bought a 4K UHD model, it died after 3 hours, power supply problem - Just Google Samsung failure and you will see just how many people are getting bad products!

They're  a global brand leader so  " failures reports "   mean nothing  without comparing numbers sold  + only people who post are the ones that got a failure.... 

The other 99% keep using their product and don't say anything

Apple have thousands of stories on Google too but they are also responsible for a lot of sales compared to small companies

9 hours ago, speedtripler said:

You post bullshit on the Internet, and don't like being asked for some proof... 

If you can prove it, I'll join you in the class action class and we will be rich... 

fanboiz are just so lame

been down this road with many who cant deal with

critisism of their irrational love for a company's products

1 hour ago, gandalf12 said:

I have the Samsung S7 Edge and it is the exact opposite to what the OP OP thinks. I did however buy it from Samsung and paid the full price. I would suggest the OP considers the fact you pay less you get less.

Nothing wrong with Samsung only for those who think they can buy cheap and get the real product

Therein lies the crux of the matter. The OP bought a second hand phone. Instead of realising his mistake and taking it on the chin he blames the manufacturer of the old phone he willingly bought from a third party.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:47 PM, Meljames said:

I have always bought Samsung phones, on my fourth- never had any problems. But I only buy from an authorized dealer.

Same here, have had an S7 Edge since when they came out and no issues.........knock on wood

I pre-ordered my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in March 2016 and received it 0n 29 March. Prior to that I had a Galaxy S4. I have two Samsung laptops, a Samsung TV, Samsung A/C, even a damn Samsung fridge (inherited). I have never had a problem with any of them. I wish Samsung would make cars, motorbikes, coffee machines, trainers, deodorants, razors.... Get a picture?

On one occasion that I visited Samsung repair centre in Pattaya (before they moved from Sukhumvit Road to North Pattaya Road), their service was excellent and super-fast. Oh, and I am not getting anything from Samsung for this posting!

Archived