42 minutes ago, JohnThailandJohn said:

No - they will just have her fill out another at counter

that is good to know; the ink on mine is fading; soon the original will be useless;

it does raise the question tho  as to what to do in my case; i dont want to leave the country just to get a new arrival/departure card; is this 'new TM6' possible at local immigrations ?

21 minutes ago, perthperson said:

She might be asked for a police report detailing the loss. 

Mine somehow got removed when I did  a reentry permit at swampy. When I got to the immigration counter, the officer saw it was not there. He just asked me to fill in a new one. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YetAnother said:

that is good to know; the ink on mine is fading; soon the original will be useless;

it does raise the question tho  as to what to do in my case; i dont want to leave the country just to get a new arrival/departure card; is this 'new TM6' possible at local immigrations ?

They will not give you a new one because the ink is faded.

They have not given me a new one to replace my old tattered one that even has the wrong passport number on it after I got a new one 4 years ago. It is worse now since that is a scan of it I did about 3 years ago before I taped it together.

5928e24f64fb2_ErasedTM6.jpg.8e0a6a781ef0b202bd6fa8531aba6a6e.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will not give you a new one because the ink is faded.

shucks, that means i DO have to leave just to get a new arrival/departure card;

altho , i recall years ago, in mae sai, there were certain functions that the thai immigration office in the city (not at the bridge) would do as if you had gone across the bridge , dealt with the myanmar folks and then come back over the bridge to the thai side and do their required paperwork;

i wonder if this case might be one of them....

Edited by YetAnother

9 hours ago, james512 said:

I've lost one before as well

More easily done these days, I suspect, given that the TM6 is no longer stapled to one's passport upon arrival at BKK and other immigration entry points as a matter of course.

Edited by OJAS

55 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

shucks, that means i DO have to leave just to get a new arrival/departure card;

Why worry about it. Just use the old one. They don't care as long as the card number can still be read.

7 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

My advice to any traveler - long or short-term - would be to take a picture of their TM6 on their phone, along with any stamps.  Better yet, also back this up to the cloud, in case one's phone is lost. 

I have everything scanned and saved in folders on my computer and google drive. I can open them up on my phablet or another computer at any time if I want to.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, james512 said:

Probably best to get her to fill one in before joining the queue.

I would suggest letting them give you one and not doing it yourself prior to you telling them you lost the original. Not sure but they may think you are trying to pull something funny if you do it before you tell them you misplaced the original. Pretty sure they know the original #. Don't have my passport handy but they may even note the card number in your passport.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Just realized my TM6 is gone as well, pretty sure immigration misplaced during my last 90 day report 2 weeks ago (havent used my passport since). I dont have any plans to leave the country before extending my visa (non-o based on marriage). Could that cause problems with the extension?

28 minutes ago, Beck1976 said:

Just realized my TM6 is gone as well, pretty sure immigration misplaced during my last 90 day report 2 weeks ago (havent used my passport since). I dont have any plans to leave the country before extending my visa (non-o based on marriage). Could that cause problems with the extension?

Tell them you lost it and they will give you new TM6 to complete.