Lotto law tweak would allow jackpot rollover

webfact

Lotto law tweak would allow jackpot rollover

By The Nation

f5c158e656430de2c6bec5668ec0be28.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Lottery buyers will stand a chance of hitting a Bt400-million jackpot if a proposed new online lottery model wins the green light.

Government Lottery Office (GLO) director Maj-General Chalongrat Nark-arthit has disclosed that his office is considering a new online lottery model which would allow big jackpots. 

This model will be forwarded to the GLO board to consider soon. 

“If it gets a nod, it will be tabled before the Cabinet for approval,” Chalongrat said. 

He said that the new online lotto was modelled after foreign lottos where prizes are rolled over for two successive draws if there is no winner. Section 22 of the GLO law is now being amended to allow this.

“I think our country is ready for this kind of lottery,” Chalongrat said. 

He also trusted that this model, if introduced, would solve the problems of lottery overpricing and underground lotteries. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30320890

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-17

have to wonder where the money goes now if it is not rolled over. i always believed the lottery is just as corrupt as anything else in thailand. thats why parallel lotteries run that have better payout rates. lottery winnings tend to ruin more people lives than they help and they just skim money off the poor and stupid. society would be better off without them

19 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

This it`s the same Taksin have and you Banned Mr PM, Whay you copy this PM ? You ned more money ? I think Thailand are Bankruptcy before 6 months.

2 and 3 digit lottery is nothing like the same as a jackpot.

Edited by halloween

• 2 weeks later...