Full Roast Duck shops

CantSpell

I know one shop north of Chang Pruak Gate near the Mercure selling full Roast Duck around 450 THB but that is around 400 THB of skin and Bones and 50 THB of duck meat....

Anyone knows of a good Shop to buy full roast duck in town?

Roast duck breast....heavenly.  I just buy the frozen breasts in Makro and use the Brit chef Gordon Ramsey tips when cooking it to ensure a nice crisp skin.

So easy and relatively quick to cook.

Probably works out cheaper than buying a whole duck cause as you said....Lots of bones and not much else

Some good duck places in Chiang Rai.  Makes great noodle soup.  Don't know about the whole ones, but seen them hanging at a few places...like off Chiang Moi, one street west of Ratchawong...there is a cluster of well known places about 200 m off Chiang moi.  Also seen a few on Suthep Rd...

4 hours ago, junglechef said:

There's a duck truck on 118 a bit before 121 going north

Must be living in Phnom Penh rather than Chiang Mai :)

----- 

I Will try MK but probably over priced...

I do also buy frozen but nothing beats the Full Roast Duck for me: can just warm it up or fry it or put in in different recipes, vegetables, curry and so on...

10 hours ago, jonwilly said:

There used to be a very good roadside "Stall" doing excellent roast duck on Suthep Rd.

Not sure if it's still there following the building of the road extension to Wing 41.

john

Are you referring to the SE corner of where they extended the road?  That place does a good business...they lost about 20% of their space on the extension, but it is very popular with the Thais.  

4 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

"Are you referring to the SE corner of where they extended the road?"

I think so, Duck from there was good and cheap, never stopped now as the new position is bad from my point of view.

john

yeah, one of those places where you go by it often, or almost never.  I think traffic is usually worse on Huay Kaew, though.

My favourite duck is prepared at the Fujian Restaurant at Dhara Dhevi (although this is probably more expensive than the OP is looking for ;) )

The skin and some breast meat is served in strips with pancakes and they give us the rest of the bird to take home to MIL who then prepares a lovely duck curry for lunch the next day :)

Archived