Art university professor investigated after allegedly forcing student to pose nude

snoop1130

Art university professor investigated after allegedly forcing student to pose nude

By Coconuts Bangkok

8465.JPG

A professor at Thailand’s most respected arts school, Silpakorn University, is in hot water after a student alleged that he forced her to pose nude for him to photograph.

The university asked a panel to probe an unnamed male teacher who may have asked a female student to pose for him in a private session and then forced her to remove her clothing, reported Bangkok Post.

The news broke over the weekend after a young man posted on the Pantip forum that his girlfriend, a Silpakorn decorative arts student, told him that she was asked to be an art model for a male professor.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/art-university-professor-investigated-allegedly-forcing-student-pose-nude/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-7-17

Sounds like a teacher will get his day in court and if guilty - lets see what happens.

If my daughter was a student in a similar situation she would have a very good lawyer by her side as she filed charges.

It never ceases to amaze me what some people think they can get away with and how others condone their actions with a smile and a laugh - "boys will be boys" attitude.

Almost unbelievable.  Reminds me of one story about a professor of Animal studies that mandated one of his students had to castrate a goat in the field without any instruments, the old fashioned way, i.e. apparently bit off the balls.  Got to watch out for those practicums and lab work required to get course credit

55 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Almost unbelievable.  Reminds me of one story about a professor of Animal studies that mandated one of his students had to castrate a goat in the field without any instruments, the old fashioned way, i.e. apparently bit off the balls.  Got to watch out for those practicums and lab work required to get course credit

Reminds me of someone that gets notoriety here from putting coins on traintracks and making a clip about it. 

14 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Ah that's why some women got better results in male teachers class? Its being going on for a long time; so long as they get the results they want. 

The boyfriend was most upset.

Seems you think to think this is normal and the girl is to blame.. nice morals. Sorry but in most countries in the world they would come down hard on the teacher. This is something that should not happen. The difference in power is too big the guy has a position of trust and all. 

Your implying a lot by saying that (some)woman get better grades because of practices like this, it might happen but i think its not as prevalent as you think. Quite often woman get better grades because they are just far more diligent. Ever compared handwriting between woman and men ? 

15 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Ah that's why some women got better results in male teachers class? Its being going on for a long time; so long as they get the results they want. 

The boyfriend was most upset.

Ah, how refreshing to see victim blaming as the first post. 

What's shocking is that the girl didn't complain; it was all down to the boyfriend to write a post on Pantip.

The article says he has victimised other students yet no one complains; come on girls all stand up together and tell us what's happening.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Note to self:  Never date a girl that took  Aminal studies classes. 

Sounds like a teacher will get his day in court and if guilty - lets see what happens.

If my daughter was a student in a similar situation she would have a very good lawyer by her side as she filed charges.

It never ceases to amaze me what some people think they can get away with and how others condone their actions with a smile and a laugh - "boys will be boys" attitude.

Well if this is an influential teacher with an influential family, all he has to do is pay a "heavy fine"....

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Wow. I recall about 60 years ago watching a farmer do just that to young bulls in his dairy herd. But he also used a penknife as well to make the 'job' a little easier :sad: Yuk!

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

Wow. I recall about 60 years ago watching a farmer do just that to young bulls in his dairy herd. But he also used a penknife as well to make the 'job' a little easier :sad: Yuk!

Oh yeah.  It is real.  I grew up in a rural area and while I didn't see that, I did see some ad hoc vet stuff.  Back in the early 60s you didn't just get on your cell phone and call the 24 hour emergency vet!  Hell my friend the other side of town had a party line!   Now a days, an entire generation has ever even used a rotary dial phone!

Seems you think to think this is normal and the girl is to blame.. nice morals. Sorry but in most countries in the world they would come down hard on the teacher. This is something that should not happen. The difference in power is too big the guy has a position of trust and all. 

Your implying a lot by saying that (some)woman get better grades because of practices like this, it might happen but i think its not as prevalent as you think. Quite often woman get better grades because they are just far more diligent. Ever compared handwriting between woman and men ? 

True. Imagine if I had to use handwriting on this forum. No one would understand me.

Oh, wait...

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

True. Imagine if I had to use handwriting on this forum. No one would understand me.

Oh, wait...

I was quite happy i could turn in my reports typed and well.. my handwriting was awful. But in general girls seem to write much nicer and many girls are far more diligent in studying then guys. So yea I understand why girls often outperform guys in education. 

4 hours ago, MichaelJohn said:

What's shocking is that the girl didn't complain; it was all down to the boyfriend to write a post on Pantip.

The article says he has victimised other students yet no one complains; come on girls all stand up together and tell us what's happening.

Perhaps he is helping her when she is in shock and humiliated and also shy? That would be my first thought not what you wrote...