Working on a Tr visa

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

I hope all the illegal teachers get deported as their is no control what so ever that they aren't convicted of being a sex offender.

Ok that's a tough one but not all illegal immigrants are criminals.if you wish bad things in others the same befalls u

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buick said:

you need the following (someone help me out if i've missed something):

TM7 form

photo

copy of passport pages (personal info page, entry stamp page, visa page)

copy of TM6 (your arrival/departure card)

it is a standard process.  very rare for someone to be refused.  some offices are busier than others so not sure how long it might take. 

Can I get the Tm7 form from the Thailand's immigration website to download or I will need to go and obtain it at the immigration office only

3 minutes ago, jnrdekinyua said:

Can I get the Tm7 form from the Thailand's immigration website to download or I will need to go and obtain it at the immigration office only

It is downloadable from the Immigration Forms pinned topics on here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chippendale said:

I know people who teach here on tourist and retirement visas. Whether out of laziness or the desire to avoid paying taxes to a venal kleptocracy, they haven't bothered going legal. None of them have ever been investigated or arrested. So I wouldn't worry about anything if I were you.

It's always ok till it's not.

In case you were not aware, things are changing in LOS. What was acceptable before is no longer.

If he gets banged up and deported, none of the people on here saying "it's OK, don't bother about the law" will be helping him.

• Like 2

The OP is stupid to be teaching without a WP, loads of reasons why, the constant worry of getting caught and dealing with the consequences, being exploited by the school, no protection from the labour law etc. etc. 

From the original post I also got the impression that the school may even be a state school???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's always ok till it's not.

In case you were not aware, things are changing in LOS. What was acceptable before is no longer.

If he gets banged up and deported, none of the people on here saying "it's OK, don't bother about the law" will be helping him.

There is of course an order of priority.  With 5,000,000 illegal immigrants, the ones that they will take an active interest in first will be those with criminal enterprises -- and those that are taking jobs away from Thais -- and those that Thais have complained about....  and then those with tattoos :shock1:

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Are you quite sure the extension of permission to stay is a requirement?

I know plenty of people here with WP's and multi-entry non-imm visas working legally who just exit every 90 days.

Surely, if one is intending to stay for a year for work purposes, an extension of the correct visa is preferable to the hassle of re entry every 90 days.

4 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

There is of course an order of priority.  With 5,000,000 illegal immigrants, the ones that they will take an active interest in first will be those with criminal enterprises -- and those that are taking jobs away from Thais -- and those that Thais have complained about....  and then those with tattoos :shock1:

What about the very ugly ones with the facial hair?:cheesy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnrdekinyua said:

Ok that's a tough one but not all illegal immigrants are criminals.if you wish bad things in others the same befalls u

By definition, being an ILLEGAL immigrant, one is de facto a criminal.

From google

adjective
adjective: criminal
  1. 1.
    relating to crime.
    "they are charged with conspiracy to commit criminal damage"
    synonyms: unlawful, illegal, illicit, lawless, felonious, delinquent, fraudulent, actionable, culpable; More
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your 60 day entry for a fee of 1900 baht. It can be done at any immigration office if you have a local address to put on the application form.

Thanks Joe I think that really helps 

18 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

No criminal check, no teaching. You don't think it is important to have better control to safeguard the children?

That is the important factor.  The process should be relaxed, to fill all needed slots for English teachers with as many native-speakers (with good diction) as possible - up until the point that qualified Thai instructors are facing competition - then raise the qualifications to trim the excess.  But in all cases, the criminal check is essential to keep predators away from the kids.

Edited by JackThompson

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Surely, if one is intending to stay for a year for work purposes, an extension of the correct visa is preferable to the hassle of re entry every 90 days.

If you do not meet the salary requirements, you will not get an extension.

If your employer does not liaise with immigration in terms of providing the correct documentation, you will not get an extension.

So whilst an extension may be preferable, it may also be impossible for some foreign employees. The requirements to obtain an extension are not the same as those to obtain a Work Permit.

23 hours ago, jnrdekinyua said:

By definition they are criminals.  They are breaking the law by being here or in any country illegally.  I agree with your statement about karma, but breaking the law is breaking the law.  Eventually folks need to accept Thailand is a sovereign country and we are guests and we need to follow whatever (at times silly and crazy) immigration/visa laws the Govt puts in place.  The alternative is to go live and/or work elsewhere.

This year I was guilty of pushing the envelope with 2 visa exempts and extensions back to back and was probably only allowed back on my 3rd exempt because my wife and kids were with me.  I can either get off my ass now and get my O visa or I can roll and the dice and not complain if I am not allowed in again.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

This year I was guilty of pushing the envelope with 2 visa exempts and extensions back to back and was probably only allowed back on my 3rd exempt because my wife and kids were with me.

So you are saying, you are a criminal, but it's OK because you didn't get caught this time?

Just now, jeab1980 said:

Doesnt matter now theres another thread running theres an amnesty for 180 days anyone can work no fear of prosecution. If they say that for one person then they say it to all.

Yeah I'm going to go out and mow my own lawn, as soon as it stops raining. No one can stop me, I am going to be mowing non-stop from now until Jan 1! This is FREEEEEDOM

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, blorg said:

Yeah I'm going to go out and mow my own lawn, as soon as it stops raining. No one can stop me, I am going to be mowing non-stop from now until Jan 1! This is FREEEEEDOM

Yep might take an artic down to Pattaya. Nice week away and get paid for it.

On 18/07/2017 at 2:58 PM, natway09 said:

Be very careful how you go about the process already outlined above.

Do not talk about your previous working.

I have just returned from Immigration yesterday & they are tightening the screws.

Do not listen to ones above that say "Don't worry about being legal" The Labour Dept are getting tough

as well. Go & get legal, it is not difficult & I am sure if you are a good teacher your school will help you.

On the salary you are getting tax will be minimal & you should feel good about paying it as you would pay in your home country.

Do i have to go with someone or on my own because my friend in chonburi was asked today to go with someone who knows her or the landlord of the place she is staying is it a requirement or it differs from where one is applying