Bye Bye Nancy & Thank you

Dante99

Somewhere around this time you are expected to leave Chiang Mai so it is time or past time to say a sincere Thank You for all the positive things you and Hubby have done while you were here.  Best of luck in your new location and enjoy.

Reports of my exit are a little premature.  We discovered that it takes about 12 weeks to get an FBI criminal check (still haven't received it yet, incidentally).  At this time we're planning to go to Kota Kinabalu in late August to submit the documents to apply for the Malaysia My Second Home 10 year retirement visa and see what kind of reception we get a Sabah state Immigration.  I wonder if they check with CM Immigration?

After that, there are additional steps involved in opening bank account, transferring in money, etc, etc.  It's a more involved process that getting a Thai retirement visa, but once you have it, you're done with interacting with Malaysia Immigration.  Plus you can own a home AND land in your name, plus buy a car tax and duty free during the first year, plus some other goodies.

So, you're stuck with me for a while longer.  

Pity Nancy isnt English or from one of the Commonwealth nations..... then she could be bestowed with the honour of being made a Dame.

Arise Dame Nancy....now that has a certain ring to it!

35 minutes ago, NancyL said:

At this time we're planning to go to Kota Kinabalu in late August to submit the documents to apply for the Malaysia My Second Home 10 year retirement visa and see what kind of reception we get a Sabah state Immigration.  I wonder if they check with CM Immigration?

you have raised a very good point ,about CM Immgr Dept, only time will tell

a very nice  late  arvo  to all

Archived