webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Omg, he appealed. ?????

What a dumbass

The "appeal" really means they are busy getting the finance for a larger envelope to try to have his sentence reduced to 3 months voluntary work in a hospital. It worked for that little princess who killed 9 people in a minibus.

Edited by Cadbury

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Wow, who would have thought that  real punishment. Its not much but its more then expected many thought he would have walked away.

The only part I don't get.. he confessed.. went to jail and now his lawyer wants to appeal and bail.. how so if you confess ?

I like to watch CI (the American channell). They have a prog. "24 to Life".... It features the last 24 hrs. of freedom for 2 people every week who are saying goodbye to their families and making necessary plans for their children etc. These people appear to have already been up before the courts and been sentenced to what the name of the prog. implies....." 24 to Life" (we find out how long the sentance and what their crime was at the end of the show).

I ask myself.....how come they're free to take part in this programme?

Wow, who would have thought that  real punishment. Its not much but its more then expected many thought he would have walked away.

The only part I don't get.. he confessed.. went to jail and now his lawyer wants to appeal and bail.. how so if you confess ?

Maybe they are appealing the length of sentence.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Thanks, so he can't get the conviction overturned just how severe the punishment is. 

He cant get the conviction overturned but can appeal the punishment, which on appeal cab be either decreased or increased.. lets hope its increased.

The court also dismissed a charge of DUI against Jenphop, citing insufficient evidence and a flawed police investigation.

The great guardians of Thai justice strike again!!!

What is it about traffic deaths that they just can't seem to just do their job -- the Red Bull kid, the B-movie actress Anna, the teen who caused the fatal van crash, and now Jenhop.

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

..... and the Redbull comments have started already!

Man not convicted of crime- Thaigeezers moan. Man CONVICTED of crime- Thaigeezers still moan.

Just no pleasing some people.

Edit: I read the full article and this is annoying: 'The court also dismissed a charge of DUI against Jenphop, citing insufficient evidence and a flawed police investigation.' Someone needs their backside kicking but it will never happen. The whole system is corrupt.

Chill Man, drink a Red Bull, it gives you wings Geezer! (well it gave Boss Turbo wings) :smile:

Out on bail already - entirely predictable.

The appeal will drag on for years and by the time it's all practically forgotten they'll decide to suspend the sentence and give him 48 hours community service instead (which he'll never attend). That's the way it always works for the rich and connected.

Meanwhile earlier this year, the Supreme Court upheld the jail-sentence of *15* years given to Yuyee (and she is currently *in jail*) for carrying an amount of cocaine that was so small that it was *all* used up in the forensic-test to identify it.

Edited by andersonat

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

I just don't understand these lawyers that advise their clients to appeal. 2 and a half years! !!he should be doing cartwheels of happiness. He'll be out in 18 months with good behaviour. 

An appeal will last years and he might get the 5 years he deserves. 

Thai lawyers never seem to have the clients best interests in mind. 

"Thai lawyers never seem to have the clients best interests in mind."  

Why do so many lawyers practice law? Because they're kind hearted helpful folk? NO. They are in it for the money and prestige! :thumbsup:

And I do know a few of them.

How can anyone -ANYONE- celebrate this as 'justice served"?

He killed 2 people, while driving under the influence, in a car, he was obviously not able to handle!

(The DUI never to be proven, because the mighty RTP #$%^&@ it up again and I assume: on purpose!)

And he gets  5 years, cut in half because he "confessed"!

He confessed?

What is there to "confess"?

There is a video of HIS rocket- ship plowing into the other car from behind and it was HIM and him alone, crawling out of the wreck!

This is just another case of Thai- justice = no justice!

59 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

The "appeal" really means they are busy getting the finance for a larger envelope to try to have his sentence reduced to 3 months voluntary work in a hospital. It worked for that little princess who killed 9 people in a minibus.

Yes but his name is not ....

Not Applicable. 

What was there to confess?

There were witnesses and the cops.........ah the cops.

Pretty tough for the victim's relatives; the "slayer" was willing to settle for millions but they refused; they demanded justice. 

Well....justice is what they got. 

3 hours ago, robblok said:

We can only hope that the appeal judge finds his crimes to be as abhorrent as the rest of us and ups his sentence to 20 years seeing as he only admitted because of the 50% off offer the system here allows.

"Jenphop was found guilty of fatal reckless driving and given a five years jail term. The sentence was halved to two years and six months because he confessed to the charge.

So he was found guilty then quickly confessed to halved the sentence???

weird that you can confess to a traffic incident to halve the sentence. Im sure the evidence should of been enough. 

250km/h. There's no excuse for that. Ridiculous

pretty generous only 2.5 years for killing 2 people. 1.25 years/person. 

wow

Edited by jabsjabs

So he confessed to something which was caught on camera and some moron thinks that's a good reason to half the anyway ridiculous sentence. The inflation in the value of a young persons life is incredible. So you spent around 450 days in jail for recklessly killing someone?

Would the judge come to the same sentence if one of his offspring's were killed? I doubt it!

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

..... and the Redbull comments have started already!

Man not convicted of crime- Thaigeezers moan. Man CONVICTED of crime- Thaigeezers still moan.

Just no pleasing some people.

Edit: I read the full article and this is annoying: 'The court also dismissed a charge of DUI against Jenphop, citing insufficient evidence and a flawed police investigation.' Someone needs their backside kicking but it will never happen. The whole system is corrupt.

Yeap, Thaigeezers moaning about a man who plead guilty to a crime caught on camera and getting his measly sentence halved for it. What will they moan about next - that he's now out on bail?

The gall of some members to moan about such injustice.