Trillian - Copy Contacts From One Computer To Another

george

Assuming you used the standard installation directory when you set up Trillian, just copy C:\Program Files\Trillian\users\default\Buddies.xml and use e-mail, a flash drive, or some other mobile media to put it in the similarly named folder on any machine you're using.

How to copy the contacts from Trillian on one computer to another?

I didn't think you'd need to... I use trillian mainly for YM (ever since the YM client started sucking big time). The contacts are stored server-side, so if I log into my account via Mac OS X, they are all there. Same goes for AOL. I don't use MSN but I would imagine it's the same.

The only IM-like program I know of that doesn't store the contacts on the server is Skype. Though that may have changed with the latest version. It's kinda silly to be storing these on the client side...

This works for many programmes.

If you have to set up a new computer, copy the /Programs/ folder after you

have installed the OS and then go ahead and install all your favourite programmes.

When they tell you the folder already exists, just click OK and all your old settings

wil be preserved.

This works for many programmes.

If you have to set up a new computer, copy the /Programs/ folder after you

have installed the OS and then go ahead and install all your favourite programmes.

When they tell you the folder already exists, just click OK and all your old settings

wil be preserved.

Well - the contacts lists for messenger programs are stored on the servers of Yahoo, MSN, AOL and whatever else is out there.

So you need to know your user name and password, the contacts lists are all on the server and will be populated as you log in.