Non immigrant O extension.

Hi, a few questions please. I think I qualify for a non O giving me three months in Thailand. Can I extend this visa for a month as I will be staying 2 weeks more ? Also, maybe some French people can help me with this, do I have to travel to Paris for this Visa (900 km from my home) or can I go through an agency ? Thank you, seems a long way to go for a non O. 

48 minutes ago, geisha said:

I think I qualify for a non O giving me three months in Thailand. Can I extend this visa for a month as I will be staying 2 weeks more?

No. You could extend by 60 days if you are the spouse or parent of a Thai.

Edited by elviajero

According to the French website, there's a non O immigrant for the over 50,s, Im a single lady , not retired , bank statements of 5000 € a month through the year no problem.i rarely stay over 4 months, this year 3 months 2 weeks. I know from previous posts I can have an SETV allowing 2 months, then either extend or leave, and either get a new SETV , or come back on a visa exempt. I was just wondering if the non O could be extended. Of course , there's the annoyance of having to go to Paris , but you say I might be able to do it through an agency. Thank you . 

5 minutes ago, geisha said:

According to the French website, there's a non O immigrant for the over 50,s, Im a single lady , not retired , bank statements of 5000 € a month through the year no problem.i rarely stay over 4 months, this year 3 months 2 weeks.

You should check with them before making the effort to apply for it. I am not sure they will actually issue one. Most embassies will only issue the OA long stay visas for retierment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geisha said:

According to the French website, there's a non O immigrant for the over 50,s, Im a single lady , not retired , bank statements of 5000 € a month through the year no problem.i rarely stay over 4 months, this year 3 months 2 weeks. I know from previous posts I can have an SETV allowing 2 months, then either extend or leave, and either get a new SETV , or come back on a visa exempt. I was just wondering if the non O could be extended. Of course , there's the annoyance of having to go to Paris , but you say I might be able to do it through an agency. Thank you . 

If you obtain the "O" visa be aware that it cannot be extended for a month, 

The only extension you could apply for would be for 12 months based on retirement. For this you would need 800.000 Bht in a Thai Bank or a monthly income of 65,000 Bht certified by your Embassy. 

Otherwise you could apply for 7 days "extension"(1900 Bht)  during which you would have to leave the country --

Just now, geisha said:

Perthperson , sorry did not understand the last paragraph.i can apply for a 7 day extension ? During which I would have to leave the country ? 

Toward the end of the 90 day stay the O visa will provide you can apply for a 7 day extension at an immigration office. (Fee 1900 Bht)

This extension requires that you leave the country within the 7 days.

Ok ?  Sorry I cannot make it any clearer.