Session timed out... Price increased !!

So, trying to book couple of tickets to Suratthani for me and Mrs, thought I'd try Thai Lion as they give 15kg luggage free !!

Anyway, found a good price (1200 baht) for Saturday evening and went ahead with booking. I got all the way through the booking with no dramas until the payment page. Pressed the OTOP BUTTON to receive text password and a message appeared " Session timed out" even though I was moving through the booking procedure with no delays.

Now a little bit annoyed but such is life, I go back to the start to re book, only to find the price has now gone up to 1400 baht !!! 

I booked with Air Asia... 

I have had this happen with Air Asa and probably other arlines a few times as well. I personally think it is genuine. What is happening i suspect is that the airline only has a certain number of seats at a certain price. Others could be trying to book the same flight as you at the same time and beat you to the last flight at that price.

Or perhaps the seats you were trying-to-book were the last ones available at that price, it might be work returning a few hours later, after you'd failed to complete the initial-booking/payment ?

I've had this happen too, on Air Asia, it's very frustrating !

My wife knows toleave me well-alone, when I'm online trying to bookairline-tickets ! :cool:

1 hour ago, bahtboy said:

I suspect that if you used a VPN or another computer for the second attempt then the price would stay the same.

No necessary to take such effort.

Just start the browser in incognito/private window mode.

For Chrome it's called "Incognito Window", in Firefox it;s "Private Window".

This means that no cookies are read or written, browser does not create/use any "memory/history".

This beats most tracking methods.

Recognizing by IP is unlikely as it wouldn't work well for private IP connections.

That they use the latest methods of "browser fingerprinting"/"canvas fingerprinting" is quite unlikely.