Using the Thai line when entering with family

1 minute ago, Here2008 said:

He said

" If the airport is busy then all the manned desks are for foreign passports and there are no manned desks for Thai passport holders,"  and continues " when this happens there is no option to use the Thai line with a foreign passport."

"

It seems a clear and understandable comment.

Well not to me if thai passport lanes are not manned whats the point in joining a queue at an un manned desk?

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Well not to me if thai passport lanes are not manned whats the point in joining a queue at an un manned desk?

I think you need to read the post again.  It says that there is no option (i.e. no point) to use the Thai passport lines because they are not manned.  You seem to have inserted a non-existent "but" before "to use" which reverses the meaning.

The post is saying the opposite of what you seem to think it is saying.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I think you need to read the post again.  It says that there is no option (i.e. no point) to use the Thai passport lines because they are not manned.  You seem to have inserted a non-existent "but" before "to use" which reverses the meaning.

The post is saying the opposite of what you seem to think it is saying.

Ah there you have it sub conscious reading read a word into something thats not there. Spped reading never works then once read it sticks with your first reading. Got it now thank you

• Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 11:57 PM, CharlieH said:

In theory maybe, in practice it has been my experience that they encourage "family" to stay together.

They do exactly the same in London too and state again that families stay together and not split up.

Same in Australia. 

At DM I was told to go with my wife by the IO "managing" the queue but when I got to the front of the queue the IO wasn't happy but when I explained he did reluctantly stamp me in.

I've also had a problem at Swampy since they installed the auto gates for Thais.