Proof of savings Penang, 1 year non o

I plan to travel to Penang from Samui to obtain a 1 year multiple entry non o visa based on marriage.

I have a question about proof of savings at this particular Thai consulate. Do I need to obtain a bank statement or is a copy of my Thai bank book enough?

Does the money need to be seasoned? I have had the money in a Thai bank account for over 3 months, but recently took out a few thousand baht (replacing it the same day). Anyway, over 400,000 showing in the bank book today.

Sorry if this has been posted before, the Penang consulate website is not clear and they are not answering the phone today.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Many thanks Joe, that makes things easier.

Another question if I may. I plan to use an agent in Penang. I have contacted a few, but they are yet to respond.

Do people arrive at the agent on the morning of submission of docs to the consulate or do agents like to have documents the day before so they can go early in the morning?

Just trying to work out the best times to fly, hotel etc.

Thanks again.

I did send a Facebook message to Jim earlier today. I will try to call him.

I will show original documents where possible. I expect they will not need to see originals of my wife's I'D card or house registration book.I have sent an email to the consulate asking for the full list of docs .... they don't seem to want to answer the phone today.

1 minute ago, HTC said:

I expect they will not need to see originals of my wife's I'D card or house registration book

The will only want signed copies of her house book registry and ID card.

Original marriage certificate in case they ask and a copy for the application.

Your bank book plus copies and your passport plus a copy of the photo page.

The above is all that is needed besides the application form with 2 photos.

Is it possible to enter Malaysia without a outgoing flight booking? I might not book my return ticket until I have my Thai visa. I'm worried I might not get it on the 26th / 27th now due to the amount of applications on those days.