Hotel Mattress??? Brand? Type?

moonseeker

Anybody with experience and recommendation for durable and comfortable medium-firm mattress for rental condo. Price range 15-18K /.  I am not unhappy with Sealy & Dunlopillo, but open to switch to other brand. Thanks for any expert-input.  MS>

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

IKEA gets some love here. KittenKong? I've been planning to get one myself but just haven't got around to it. The delivery charge to PTY (last I looked, B4000) is discouraging.

Yes, I like my IKEA mattress.

I bought an expensive Sealy which made my back hurt so I went to IKEA to see what they had. I bought this foam one and I put it on top of the expensive Sealy. This is very comfortable and also makes the bed higher and easier to get out of in the morning. It was barely more expensive than a thin "topper" such as one finds outside BigC and Makro.

That particular mattress comes rolled up so transport is quite easy. You could probably even get it on a bus.

Whilst I was there I tested some of their other traditional mattresses which all seemed pretty comfortable to me, and if I ever want to buy another I would look there first.

Do not be misled by the advertised long warranty on these items as it doesnt seem to cover actual wear.

I have no idea how practical these mattresses would be for rental/hotel use.

3 hours ago, roger101 said:

I bought a mattress online from Hugs Thailand. They are based in Phuket but do a free delivery. In 10 years or so time I will look to them for my next one.

Thanks Roger. I looked at Hugs. So u seem happy with them....May I ask which model u picked and if u feel they are suitable for the average overweight tourist and bedsports? My experience is people prefer a medium soft/hard one. Any extra info much appreciated. MS>

On 7/14/2017 at 2:04 PM, 4MyEgo said:

19 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Thanks Roger. I looked at Hugs. So u seem happy with them....May I ask which model u picked and if u feel they are suitable for the average overweight tourist and bedsports? My experience is people prefer a medium soft/hard one. Any extra info much appreciated. MS>

Hi

I bought The Back Care Spring Foam with Double sided foam pillow top 3 years ago. The 6' x6.5 version. Cost 16,700 Baht. I only have 1 complaint (and its not really a complaint). When you come to turn the mattress the 6'x6.5 is quite heavy and it takes 3 of us to turn it. As an overweight farang (115k) I don't think you will have any problems with overweight people.

Let us know how you get on.

2 hours ago, roger101 said:

Hi

I bought The Back Care Spring Foam with Double sided foam pillow top 3 years ago. The 6' x6.5 version. Cost 16,700 Baht. I only have 1 complaint (and its not really a complaint). When you come to turn the mattress the 6'x6.5 is quite heavy and it takes 3 of us to turn it. As an overweight farang (115k) I don't think you will have any problems with overweight people.

Let us know how you get on.

Could never work out why the mattresses are so heavy here. I had a Sealy posturepaedic in Australia that I could flip and turn end to end with ease, here I have a Sealy that requires two of us to flip with a great deal of struggling. Do they fill the mattresses with coconut husks?

Edited by giddyup