The Nation Newspaper

billaaa777

I can’t wait to read The Nation’s editors commentary on the resent episodes in Bangkok. After championing the “Get Rid of Thaksin” at any price cause. Then chastising the world, all except China that is, for not understanding “Thai Democracy” where military coup are more favorable than elections.

What’s next for the editors, as the free world starts to condemn the bombings? Will the editors attempt to explain that in a true “Thai Democracy” that the rest of the world fails to understand and should adopt, a few deaths by bombing are a good thing, as long as it’s not the editor’s death that is?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t wait to read The Nation’s editors commentary on the resent episodes in Bangkok. After championing the “Get Rid of Thaksin” at any price cause. Then chastising the world, all except China that is, for not understanding “Thai Democracy” where military coup are more favorable than elections.

What’s next for the editors, as the free world starts to condemn the bombings? Will the editors attempt to explain that in a true “Thai Democracy” that the rest of the world fails to understand and should adopt, a few deaths by bombing are a good thing, as long as it’s not the editor’s death that is?

Opinion with no relation to facts, you must be American. :o

The Nation and The Bangkok Post trade places as designated lapdog to the government of the day. :D

Vs. the NY Times as diametrically opposed to whatever the present US administration policies are? :o

...and your endless diatribe on US politics has what to do with this thread? :D

Opinion with no relation to facts, you must be American.

I am American, and your statement could not be any further from the truth. I read The Nations editorial page every day.

The fact that The Nation wanted Thaksin removed as Prime Minister is undisputable.

The fact that The Nation justified the military coup as Thaksin was unbeatable in an election is undisputable.

The fact that The Nations editorial staff heavily criticized other nations for butting into Thai politics and not understands a term that has been repeated thousands of times in the paper, “Thai Democracy” is undisputable.

The fact that The Nations editorial staff utilized the term “Thai Democracy” to portray the military coup is undisputable.

The fact that China was the only major nation in the world to support the military coup and The Nations editorial staff thanking them and placating them is undisputable.

I would suggest that in the future you do a little research on the subject before commenting in such an unintelligent fashion.

Opinion with no relation to facts, you must be American.

I am American, and your statement could not be any further from the truth. I read The Nations editorial page every day.

The fact that The Nation wanted Thaksin removed as Prime Minister is undisputable.

The fact that The Nation justified the military coup as Thaksin was unbeatable in an election is undisputable.

The fact that The Nations editorial staff heavily criticized other nations for butting into Thai politics and not understands a term that has been repeated thousands of times in the paper, “Thai Democracy” is undisputable.

The fact that The Nations editorial staff utilized the term “Thai Democracy” to portray the military coup is undisputable.

The fact that China was the only major nation in the world to support the military coup and The Nations editorial staff thanking them and placating them is undisputable.

I would suggest that in the future you do a little research on the subject before commenting in such an unintelligent fashion.

Is there something in the water to give you such a black and white view of the world. Can't you see the shades of grey.

Instead of answering your points I'd prefer to ask you to provide links, "quotes" etc to support your undisputable opinions. Then I may take the opportunity to comment on "your" intelligence.

Is there something in the water to give you such a black and white view of the world. Can't you see the shades of grey.

Instead of answering your points I'd prefer to ask you to provide links, "quotes" etc to support your undisputable opinions. Then I may take the opportunity to comment on "your" intelligence.

In other words you through out a foolish statement and now that someone called you on it you want to try to save face. How about you back up your assertion that the original poster's "opinion has no relation to the facts"? I don't suppose you would care to "provide links, "quotes" etc to support your undisputable opinions". It could be that the OP "must be American" but you have proved beyond a doubt that you are an a55hole that just likes to bash Americans. Sounds to me like you have an inferiority complex and I must say that in your case it is apparently well founded.

For myself, I have subscribed the The Nation the past two years, but when my subcrition (sp?) runs out next month, I plan to switch to the Post. I have grown tired of the unhidden agenda of the nation and its editorial staff. They don't even try to be impartial, and the inflamitory headlines they use, which many times are refuted by the content of the articles, are sensationalism at its worst. The only redeeming quality that the newspaper posesses is the fast website, which is much better than the post in its layout, design, and frequency of updates.

Peace

In other words you through out a foolish statement and now that someone called you on it you want to try to save face. How about you back up your assertion that the original poster's "opinion has no relation to the facts"? I don't suppose you would care to "provide links, "quotes" etc to support your undisputable opinions". It could be that the OP "must be American" but you have proved beyond a doubt that you are an a55hole that just likes to bash Americans. Sounds to me like you have an inferiority complex and I must say that in your case it is apparently well founded.

:o

Try reading the postings before you engage you brain.

The OP made a list of accusations against the Nation newspaper. I've asked him to back them up.

Well seems like a fight goes on here. lamphun (did I spell correctly?) seems to me the one of the owner of The Nation or very loyal supporter.

However, I do agree with the OP and its not just me but a lot of sensible, educated guys prefer not to read The Nation. I personally do not like The Nation as it just starts sensationalizing the news and was too much against Thaksin when he was in power. I believe that after few years The Nation would start doing the same against the current government.

Most of the Asian newspaper are like this. They want to increase their circulation by putting the controversial issues in th news.

I know some of the The Nation guys (not very close though). They themselves are Thai-Chinese and some Farang. I just wonder if some people believe that Thai-Chinese love each other, then why they hate Thaksin then. :o

Why do not we start a poll on this to see what other people say? :D

The OP made a list of accusations against the Nation newspaper. I've asked him to back them up.

I read the posts and this was your first comment. "Opinion with no relation to facts, you must be American." The OP then posted a list of what he believes is fact. I don't know them to be fact or not as I don't read the nation but even if they are just opinion, you stated that his original post has NO relation to fact. You refuse to back that up. He stated opinion. You claimed there is no basis for his opinion and implied that this is a standard American habit. Now you want to move the goal post and make him prove his opinion is fact rather than that there is basis for his opinion. You need to back up your asertion that there is no basis for his opinion.

Seems to me you fit your assumption about Americans better than he does.

I read the posts and this was your first comment. "Opinion with no relation to facts, you must be American." The OP then posted a list of what he believes is fact. I don't know them to be fact or not as I don't read the nation but even if they are just opinion, you stated that his original post has NO relation to fact. You refuse to back that up. He stated opinion. You claimed there is no basis for his opinion and implied that this is a standard American habit. Now you want to move the goal post and make him prove his opinion is fact rather than that there is basis for his opinion. You need to back up your asertion that there is no basis for his opinion.

Seems to me you fit your assumption about Americans better than he does.

This is getting a bit tedious

The OP listed his "opinions" bracketed by "The fact that" and "is undisputable." Sadly I have to let you in on a secret apparently unknown to Tim207. Calling something a fact doesn't making it so. It's up to billaaa777 to back up his "undisputable" facts, but as we haven't heard back from him I guess he's moved on to other things. Unless of course we are about to be deluged with a selection of quotes from the Nation.

And no I'm not the owner of the Nation, nor a loyal reader for that matter, although I admire the way they stood up after the Bangkok Post caved in.

Perhaps I'm just being a bit intolerant of fools today. :o

Edited by lamphun

I enjoyed reading the Nation during & leading up to the coup, :o especially the Opinions/analysis section. The BKK Post seemed muted and dull in comparison.

I remember when the Nation first became boldly critical/honest of the Thaksin gov. the journalists did not pen their name with their articles for fear of attack. But after some time they started to include their names. Quite courageous considering the climate of fear created by 'power' and the LOS.

Lamphum, since you refuse to let it go, I will now respond to some of you insults and questions.

The first insult was “You must be an American.” Well Lamphum as I said before I am American and I am proud to be an American.

Why don’t you tell us what sorry ass country you come from?

There is a 90% Americans died on its soil at one time or another saving it and there is a 100% chance that none of your citizens ever died on our soul saving us. There’s 100% chance the next time your going to need help you first phone call will be to an America. So screw off!

Next, in order for you to make a statement “Opinion with no relationship to facts,” you have to be a devoted reader of the editorial pages as I am. When you come back and ask me links or quotes only proves the point your are not a regularly reader of the editorial page and are simply talking out you ass.

With which I would ask, since you are not a reader of The Nations editorial page why would you attempt to put your two cents in the first place? Unless, it was due to your in-superiority complex with regards to America and just using any forum you can find to insult America. Too, which I say “Screw Off” once again.

So there! And if you want to post any more crap go read the back issues of The Nations editorial pages for the past six months and get an education so you don’t sound like such a dumb ass!!!

Next, in order for you to make a statement “Opinion with no relationship to facts,” you have to be a devoted reader of the editorial pages as I am. When you come back and ask me links or quotes only proves the point your are not a regularly reader of the editorial page and are simply talking out you ass.

So no links to any content to demonstrate your facts are anything more than your wild opinions.

As for the other stuff. :D:o:D

Edited by lamphun

Lamphum, since you refuse to let it go, I will now respond to some of you insults and questions.

The first insult was “You must be an American.” Well Lamphum as I said before I am American and I am proud to be an American.

There is a 90% Americans died on its soil at one time or another saving it and there is a 100% chance that none of your citizens ever died on our soul saving us. There’s 100% chance the next time your going to need help you first phone call will be to an America. So screw off!

With which I would ask, since you are not a reader of The Nations editorial page why would you attempt to put your two cents in the first place? Unless, it was due to your in-superiority complex with regards to America and just using any forum you can find to insult America. Too, which I say “Screw Off” once again.

So there! And if you want to post any more crap go read the back issues of The Nations editorial pages for the past six months and get an education so you don’t sound like such a dumb ass!!!

We should bow to this almight american lol

When in Thailand this guy should never have to pay for beer, petrol or his newspaper.

I find a trivial thing like this very amusing..The Donz summed it up beautifully Paper sensationalize to sell papers..

As to Americans defending the World..When they arrived in OZ the flashed their dicks and Dollars only..

before you make a statement like how many foreigners died on American soil..What about The World Trade Centre ???