Samsung in-warranty repair

Just thought I would describe my experience with the Samsung service centre in Pattaya.

My phone, bought in Central Festival, is a few months old.

For no obvious reason it developed a fairly large white spot on the screen, often called a "watermark". My research indicated that this is often to do with the battery expanding and applying pressure to the screen.

I took it to the large fairly new Samsung service centre on North Road. There are actually two buildings next to each other: one just for phones/tablets and one for other appliances. The girl on the counter carefully removed the SIM cards and memory cards and gave them to me in a sachet, and a technician looked at the phone within 30 minutes. Whilst waiting I enjoyed a nice free freshly brewed coffee from a Nestle machine.

His conclusion was that the battery needed replacing. Surprisingly they had no stock but I was told to come back in 48 hours.

48 hours later I went back and within 10 minutes I had my phone back, after the girl had carefully cleaned it and replaced the SIMs and memory card.

I was also told they they had replaced the USB port though I dont know why.

Cost 0 Baht, as one would expect. They didnt need to see my receipt as the vendor had completed and returned the warranty card.

My only previous experience of getting in-warranty service here (for a kitchen appliance from LG) was like getting blood out of a stone, though they did finally replace the item with a new one. So all in all I was very pleased with how Samsung dealt with it.

YMMV

Archived