Appears to be a lot of confusion about this information even from Immigration officers.

A friend who departed for a holiday back in the UK last week was eager to e-mail me and advise that on departure Immigration told him the TM6 would be scrapped from 1st October.

In other news information it appears it has been scrapped for Thai residents.

Non Thai residents (foreigners) will still need to complete the new TM6 form.

Even a foreigner with PR status, is a non Thai resident. 

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Appears to be a lot of confusion about this information even from Immigration officers.

A friend who departed for a holiday back in the UK last week was eager to e-mail me and advise that on departure Immigration told him the TM6 would be scrapped from 1st October.

In other news information it appears it has been scrapped for Thai residents.

Non Thai residents (foreigners) will still need to complete the new TM6 form.

Even a foreigner with PR status, is a non Thai resident. 

Thats as i see it no more TM 6 for thais. But foriegners  long stay/short stay/holiday still need to do a TM 6 as usual no diffrence at all. Look like the old TM6 will be around untill they use up the stock.  Then will introduce whatever new version is printed.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This one posted in an announcement done by immigration on September 19th says non Thai resident only.

image.png.c9625601c89075e6e895fd62effce91d.png

Source. https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=59c0dc8b7462a224a5286a86

I understand what you say but i think that it is a translation error as i heard anything that foreign resident (long term visa extensions) persons do not have to use the new TM6 form.

I think they mean that all non Thai persons have to use the new TM6 form.

I never filled out the back side of the old TM6 form so i'm just wondering how to do it with the new TM6 form. (i suppose to leave it blank)

8 hours ago, merijn said:

I understand what you say but i think that it is a translation error as i heard anything that foreign resident (long term visa extensions) persons do not have to use the new TM6 form.

I think they mean that all non Thai persons have to use the new TM6 form.

I never filled out the back side of the old TM6 form so i'm just wondering how to do it with the new TM6 form. (i suppose to leave it blank)

Everybody except for Thais have to complete the new TM6 form when they become the only TM6 available.  I read the note on the back of it to mean only tourists have to complete that side of it. Those staying here long term do not have to complete the back of the form.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Everybody except for Thais have to complete the new TM6 form when they become the only TM6 available.  I read the note on the back of it to mean only tourists have to complete that side of it. Those staying here long term do not have to complete the back of the form.

But the old TM6 had the (Occupation, Country of boarding, purpose of stay ) on the back and now on the front and the length of stay was never asked.

As a resident i don't know when i leave again.

Therefore i suppose i just leave it blank.

8 minutes ago, merijn said:

But the old TM6 had the (Occupation, Country of boarding, purpose of stay ) on the back and now on the front and the length of stay was never asked.

I think I might put unknown in the space for length of stay or write the amount of time remaining on my extension.

1 hour ago, merijn said:

As a resident i don't know when i leave again.

Therefore i suppose i just leave it blank.

As one of those staying here long term I have not completed the reverse side of the TM6 upon returning to LOS from my last few trips to foreign parts, with no resultant problems at Suvarnabhumi Immigration.

49 minutes ago, OJAS said:

As one of those staying here long term I have not completed the reverse side of the TM6 upon returning to LOS from my last few trips to foreign parts, with no resultant problems at Suvarnabhumi Immigration.

Well you learn something new every day. Untill 15 mins ago when i pulled out a tm6 i didnt even know there was a reverse side to fill in. So goes without saying i have never filled it in and have never been pulled for not doing so.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

I agree

I've always treated that section as a TAT survey for tourists and not an official Immi requirement and will continue to ignore it.

IIRC the ones about 8-9 years ago said "optional".

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they are still using the 'old' TM6 cards at Nong Khai?  I'm off for a couple of days 'on the beer Lao' in Vientiane and I always have a spare TM6 in my bag for re-entry as it saves a lot of time on the way back.  If the new TM6 is being used I will try and obtain one on the way out. Any up to date info would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

Does anyone know if they are still using the 'old' TM6 cards at Nong Khai? 

I have seen no reports of anybody getting the new form yet anywhere. They will be using the old ones until they run out.

• 5 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, jayboy said:

It would be useful if some kind person could let us - non frequent travellers - know when the new forms have been introduced.I'm going to HK mid December and would prefer not to have to complete new form at airport.

When you travel to Thailand by air, the cabin staff pass out TM6 forms early during your flight. Just make sure you have a pen handy. If you are comfortable completing the form yourself, there is plenty of time to do so. If you have any problems, the cabin staff will sometimes help.

32 minutes ago, jayboy said:

It would be useful if some kind person could let us - non frequent travellers - know when the new forms have been introduced.I'm going to HK mid December and would prefer not to have to complete new form at airport.

They will accept the old form if you have one after they run out of the them and  have the new ones available to complete at a airport.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They will accept the old form if you have one after they run out of the them and  have the new ones available to complete at a airport.

Many thanks.As I understand it Thais don't need to complete these now but presumably PRs like myself will continue to do so?

11 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Many thanks.As I understand it Thais don't need to complete these now but presumably PRs like myself will continue to do so?

As far as I know those on PR still have to do them. Only Thai's are exempt from doing them.

• Like 1

It appears that Nong Khai and mukdahan are being sent all the old TM6 forms according to a Immigration officer I spoke to  at nong Khai 5 days ago.  He can see the old TM6 forms being used there till well into the new year.  Whilst airports and other land border crossings will be using the new ones.  As he says its no big deal old or new still valid. 

Edited by jeab1980

• 3 weeks later...

Got my forst one of these yesterday. Bit confused.

What are you meant to write on "purpose of visit" if your on a marriage visa? What is the official term for "To sit on the couch and do nothing"? I wrote holiday but was worried they might say I should be on a tourist visa.

Also "length of stay".... when you have no idea how long your current visit is?

I just wrote 3 months as it is maximum time allowed. 

11 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

What are you meant to write on "purpose of visit" if your on a marriage visa?

"Support Thai Wife" if on a 1-yr-extension with re-entry permit, or "Visit Thai Wife" if a Non-O Visa 90-day entry.

Edited by JackThompson