Bangkok pattaya emergency

B0nkers

Had an emergency yesterday. Posting from my cell in ICU. They required 50k deposit before they would give what wad the first of 2 operations today and one next month.

Bill to date is nore than 300k and im witbout insurance. Please keep the topiv on point and not get into a feeding frenzie about having insurance.

I managed to scrape together 100k and another 14k for their platinum card which gives you discounts.

I do not know however where i can find the remaining 200k or more that adds up over thd next couple days here.. or the required 3rd operation next month.

Dont know what to do.. advise please. If u cant pay immediately what happens?

You need to look towards your parents / friends back home to settle the bill.  You won't be going far until you do.

This is as good an example of what happens when you've no insurance.  Maybe someone reading will learn from this.

Edited by Here It Is

1 hour ago, Here It Is said:

You need to look towards your parents / friends back home to settle the bill.  You won't be going far until you do.

This is as good an example of what happens when you've no insurance.  Maybe someone reading will learn from this.

Just curious: Will they not allow him out of the hospital or the country without settling his bill?

Of course the "non-insurance" issue is part of your plight. What do you expect that TVF members can do for you?

If you have made major investements in Thailand on behalf of the Thai-Family, they may be able to help you (taking out a loan), secured by your house, for example.
If not, you will have to drum up the money from relatives or friends in Farangland.
Of course, as long as you are "fit to travel", you may seek the support and treatement in your "nanny-state".
Those are the 3 options left to you.

BKK/Pattaya hospital will discontinue treatement, if payement is not assured. Moving patients to "Thai-Government-Hospitals" for further low-cost treatement.
And so it is.

1 hour ago, Here It Is said:

I don't think that someone will learn anything. Because the people always say the do self-insurance and never had anything... they are not the same.. because this fellow had a problem... There are some which really do a self insurance plan (have 1 million baht or up for an emergency), but my guess is that most not have some money if a real case come up.

To the OP: Could you try to do the operation at a cheaper hospital? Go look at a goverment hospital!

First 2 operations were on the spot flat out emergency. The 3rd perhaps but maybe a good idea for the same dr to do it.

I was hopi g they will offer a payment plan. Jailing me here wont help non existant funds arrive. Digging at family but very limited

Usually they will agree to a payment plan providing you can show that you have income. They will make you sign a contract and will enforce it. Ask to speak to the finance office now, don't delay.

I would suggest as soon as this is settled, you transfer to a less expensive hospital for the rest of your current hospitalization and also have the next surgery done there.

Would help to know what the problem is and what type of surgery.

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

And how do suggest the OP squares the bill to be able to move hospitals ?

As Sheryl suggested, ask to talk with the Finance officer, explain the situation, sign a payment contract and get yourself transferred to the gov't hospital.  Happens all the time.  Be sure the private hospital sends complete records of all the testing they've done.  

Here in Chiang Mai, Bangkok Hospital regularly turfs out patients to Nakorn Ping hospital and CM Ram does the same to Suan Dok hospital.  This is after they've drained the patient's bank account and run up their credit cards to the their credit limit.  They even use their ambulances for transport.  Just be sure to get your medical records if you've given them any money.  I must say that here in Chiang Mai, Bangkok Hospital is very good at sending medical reports along with the patient, CM Ram isn't.