Transfer of "one year extension" on a new passport. Which queue in Chaengwatana?

I got a new passport and need to transfer 1- the visa extension, 2- re-entry.

1- Visa exention

I tried to do that last Friday afternoon but I was given a queue number with the letter L. It means like if I wanted a new extension. The L queue is terrible (I gave up)) and, before to go again, I would like to be sure that the transfers are done in the L booths. Is it the case? When you go to L booths you have to arrive at 07:30...

By the way, I have a "transfer" form to fill. OK Do I have to fill something else?

I know that the transfer of the extension is free.

2- Re-entry

Is the transfer of the re-entry free as well?

Do I need to fill a re-entry form again?

Do I need picture / photocopies?

THANK YOU

It has been a few years since I last had to transfer data to my new passport but at that time I had to use L area and wait for my turn just like I was there to renew my extension. You may be better off to go in the afternoon when much of the extension que has diminished. Actually, I recommend waiting until you renew your extension. 

16 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

It has been a few years since I last had to transfer data to my new passport but at that time I had to use L area and wait for my turn just like I was there to renew my extension. You may be better off to go in the afternoon when much of the extension que has diminished. Actually, I recommend waiting until you renew your extension. 

Thank you for your reply.

1- I tried the "afternoon" plan. It failed.

2- Wait next extension. I considered this option. I'd like to do that BUT I have to go out of the country soon and I'm afraid the immigration officer will not be that kind when I'll come back. But I guess this is legal. Right?

1 year ago went through this exercise and took me all day at CW. Arrived around 9:15am. Same queue as getting visa extension/renewal (left side when you go in). Had my visa transferred to new passport just as the lunch bell rang. After lunch got a queue number to transfer re-entry stamp (on the right side). I was out the door by 2:30pm.  The only plus side was that it didn't cost anything. Have all your photo copies and pictures ready to save you time running downstairs.