Posting pictures with bottles of alcoholic drinks with no commercial purpose is not an offense, says Dept of Disease Control

webfact

Posting pictures with alcohol without commercial purpose is not guilty

By Thai PBS

vlcsnap-2017-07-24-12h33m12s328.png

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Disease Control says posting pictures with bottles of alcoholic drinks with no commercial purpose is not guilty.

However if it is proved to have hidden intent for advertisement, then it is guilty, said Dr Suthep Phetmark, the director-general of the department, said.

The doctor was commenting on current police action to enforce law on people posting pictures of alcohol drinking and sharing of pictures of friends holding bottles of alcoholic drinks on the social media.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/posting-pictures-alcohol-without-commercial-purpose-not-guilty/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-24

This will come as a great relief for all these shallow-minded chaps who feel compelled that they need to post on Facebook pictures of every single bottle of beer they are having while frolicking in Thailand so their friends and family back home can always stay informed.

These alcohol laws are indeed confusing as they are persuing people who put a photograph on social media, and the other day when i was on the toll way from Silom to Don Mueang there are a couple of really large beer commercial boards.. Like 10 storeys high type of large.. 

I noticed today Leo,Chang and Singha drinking water maybe a way to sidestep these silly advertising laws.

I'd steer clear of water if I were you. My brother keeps fish, and I've seen what they do in it!
[emoji3]

2 hours ago, AWillOz said:

These alcohol laws are indeed confusing as they are persuing people who put a photograph on social media, and the other day when i was on the toll way from Silom to Don Mueang there are a couple of really large beer commercial boards.. Like 10 storeys high type of large.. 

The law states that they are not allowed to show product in advertising.  Such as bottles or cases.  Their logo is ok.

11 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

ok for the general public but not for celebrities. problem is determining who is a joe schmo and who is a celebrity. do B grade celebs count?

Huh? You mean there are higher graded celebs? Nah, cannot be. :cheesy: