Lamp post crash leaves big biker dead in Phuket

webfact

Lamp post crash leaves big biker dead in Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1500875628_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: -- The rider of a Kawasaki big bike died on Saturday afternoon when crashed into a lamp post positioned in the central reservation on Phra Phuket Keaw Rd in Kathu.

The motorbike was found lying in the middle of the road about 50 metres away from Mr Warasak's body. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

Capt Wichot Meepop of the Kathu Police received notification of an accident at 2:30pm on Saturday (July 22) where Warasak “Dew” Thipyan, 30, from Chumphon province had died after impacting with a lamp post on Phra Phuket Keaw Rd.

“Mr Warasak was wearing a yellow shirt, jean jacket and brown trousers, a red helmet was still on his head when we arrived,” Capt Wichotsaid.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/lamp-post-crash-leaves-big-biker-dead-in-phuket-63163.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-24

29 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Some poor guy is dead, no one really knows the cause, yet mainly sick attempts at humour from posters so far

Agree, but unfortunately nothing unusual about that these days on this forum on so many threads.

7 hours ago, Valentine said:

Some poor guy is dead, no one really knows the cause, yet mainly sick attempts at humour from posters so far

The cause was riding a powerful big-bike at high speed in Thailand, which is a bit silly don't you think?

3 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

The cause was riding a powerful big-bike at high speed in Thailand, which is a bit silly don't you think?

I wonder if any of the jokers would consider it appropriate if it was their brother laid out on the road.  

Every one of us is a human being and we all leave behind people who will grieve and miss us.  And there is nothing remotely funny about it.

I drove past this scene.  There was a group of big bikes all parked nearby.  Must have been a bunch out Sunday riding.  I could not figure what vehicle he hit, now I know why.  Lamposts don't move so I'm going with rider error.

4 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Not at all. I rode bikes for quite a while now, and in Thailand for 16 years starting with a CB400 and ending up with a GSX-R. I could get 125km/h in first gear if I wanted to get out of my turn and cross 3 lanes to get to a U-turn where I used to live.

Big bikes often give you a great opportunity to 'inject' yourself wherever you need to be. If you aren't stupid, it's actually easier to ride a faster bike than a slower one... anything from 650cc up is good. anything under 500cc is not quite so great - but generally it's the rider that makes a difference.

So many times I see people say 'too fast' or 'not safe' and disagree. That's because it's not really WHAT you do that counts, so much as the way that you do it. Nothing comes up more true than this statement with every bike accident I ever experienced.

He's a Chef who borrowed a bike and didn't ride within his limits, period.

As for tasteless jokes - I have none, but I'd like to know if the trousers were brown before he crashed. I hope it was quick enough to avoid suffering, my greatest fear is to get mangled and not die.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I wonder if any of the jokers would consider it appropriate if it was their brother laid out on the road.  

Every one of us is a human being and we all leave behind people who will grieve and miss us.  And there is nothing remotely funny about it.

It is a common human reaction to "joke" about death or things that are difficult to cope with or understand.  Many studies have been done on it.  You don't need to be the world grief police. Everyone does not have to conform to your perception of appropriate sadness in any given situation.  I personally find it far more offensive when people who had absolutely no connection to the victim get on a random internet forum and instruct him or her to "RIP"  Could anything be more dismissive of another humans life?  I am sure this is all over your head.  Educate yourself starting with the link below then take it further as you need to.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2011/august/humor-coping-horror-080111.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julie-gray/4-reasons-to-stop-saying-_b_7774708.html

40 minutes ago, csabo said:

It is a common human reaction to "joke" about death or things that are difficult to cope with or understand.  Many studies have been done on it.  You don't need to be the world grief police. Everyone does not have to conform to your perception of appropriate sadness in any given situation.  I personally find it far more offensive when people who had absolutely no connection to the victim get on a random internet forum and instruct him or her to "RIP"  Could anything be more dismissive of another humans life?  I am sure this is all over your head.  Educate yourself starting with the link below then take it further as you need to.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2011/august/humor-coping-horror-080111.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julie-gray/4-reasons-to-stop-saying-_b_7774708.html

If you didn't read the deleted jokes, you're out of line.  The jokes were in bad taste, very disrespectful of a man the jokesters never even met, and had more to do with bashing locals than processing grief.  And you have no idea what background I have in the recovery field.

Edited by impulse

• 1 month later...
On 25.7.2017 at 9:21 PM, ben2talk said:

Not at all. I rode bikes for quite a while now, and in Thailand for 16 years starting with a CB400 and ending up with a GSX-R. I could get 125km/h in first gear if I wanted to get out of my turn and cross 3 lanes to get to a U-turn where I used to live.

Big bikes often give you a great opportunity to 'inject' yourself wherever you need to be. If you aren't stupid, it's actually easier to ride a faster bike than a slower one... anything from 650cc up is good. anything under 500cc is not quite so great - but generally it's the rider that makes a difference.

So many times I see people say 'too fast' or 'not safe' and disagree. That's because it's not really WHAT you do that counts, so much as the way that you do it. Nothing comes up more true than this statement with every bike accident I ever experienced.

He's a Chef who borrowed a bike and didn't ride within his limits, period.

As for tasteless jokes - I have none, but I'd like to know if the trousers were brown before he crashed. I hope it was quick enough to avoid suffering, my greatest fear is to get mangled and not die.

Helmet on and brain switched off ?
Sorry, my experience is only riding big bikes since 40 years. GOOD LUCK, MATE !

• 2 weeks later...