Busted! Baggage handlers at Suvarnabhumi Airport caught stealing from passengers

snoop1130

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

The Xray people can mark a bag that shows items of interest during the baggage scan. Small sticker or other type of marking

Yes, must be organised "teamwork"...in the HUB of thieves.

Nothing new, happens at every airport in the world.

I know as I got lifted a few times.

Valuables, including any documents, I carry on my person and nothing of worth in check-in baggage.

I mean I did as I don't travel anymore.

Last ride will be to the Buddha's Wat. :cheesy: :partytime2:

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

I can understand leaving gold diamonds and other valuables in the check in

luggage, but who's in his his right mind leaves Turkmenistan manat banknotes 

for the taking? no excuse there....

Yes, like tissue and toilet paper they need to be in the carry on!

11 hours ago, roo860 said:

Other people can easily be involved, especially when there's a sniff of booty. You or I don't know the ins and outs of this thieving, mine was just another theory.
Nor do I make myself out to be a DSI.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You're gradually able to grasp the point. It's not difficult. Occam's razor. As I said initially, and repeated for you--and now you're implicitly agreeing--there's no reason to assume they were involved as you did in your OP, Sherlock. Yours was not a theory but a given--before you backpedaled. Better just to cling stubbornly to your original contention or admit it was nonsense rather than blow smoke.

No, a "sniff" of booty isn't really enough, as DSI: TVF holds to point fingers at everyone, demonstrate mastery of crime-busting deduction skills, and win forum cred from the peanut gallery.

Edited by JSixpack

If they are not checked when leaving work (!?!?!?!) are they checked when entering..... if it is that easy to take stuff out of a bag how easy is it to take something IN and place it IN to a bag (explosive?)   

Maybe there will be an influx of new recruits wanting to work as baggage handlers.... some wanting to take money out and some wanting to cause trouble adding stuff!!!!   :w00t:

:coffee1:

Locked or not pretty easy to get in a locked suitcase. Pull the locked part to the bottom. Use pen to separate the zipper and when you are finished pull the locked part around to fasten the zipper back together.  No one would be any wiser. The locks are pretty useless.

You're gradually able to grasp the point. It's not difficult. Occam's razor. As I said initially, and repeated for you--and now you're implicitly agreeing--there's no reason to assume they were involved as you did in your OP, Sherlock. Yours was not a theory but a given--before you backpedaled. Better just to cling stubbornly to your original contention or admit it was nonsense rather than blow smoke.

No, a "sniff" of booty isn't really enough, as DSI: TVF holds to point fingers at everyone, demonstrate mastery of crime-busting deduction skills, and win forum cred from the peanut gallery.

It's a forum, where people put thoughts and ideas forward, I put mine forward, you put yours. No need to try and belittle other posters.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Keep it civil please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Wasn't there a recent story of accusations of baggage theft at swampy? 

Why in God's name wasn't something done about it that stage? How hard would it be to install some cameras and/or begin searches on employees?

Hopefully after this incident someone in charge will have the mental capacity to make improvements. Knee jerk reactions seem to be the only thing that keeps this country moving, but then again this is Thailand we're talking about here so they could just as easily say "problem solved carry on."

Happened to me not long after the swamp opened.  The case was locked and all the currency was foreign to Thailand but they broke into it and took the money.  It was an internal flight from Chiang Mai.  Hard lesson to learn at the time and a stupid thing to do. The police told me that it happened all the time by the baggage handlers which begs the question.....  

21 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Who on earth put something of value in a checked-in suitcase?

Well they can have my un-washed under-wear and socks, but be aware of that my socks sometimes smells badly.

The 3 times I flown in/out of Manila airport in the Philippines, my suitcase was always tampered with but again only clothes in it and nothing taken. 

Precisely - why on earth put anything you care about/has value in checked luggage ?  I thought only novice travelers ever did that.

i' m sure this happens in many airports world wide , i once saw my bags being loaded onto a plane in India  with the baggage handler  wearing my aussie flag luggage tag around his neck as a souvenir, luckily nothing else was missing