12 month 'Non O' Visa extention due next week. Any surprises to be expected at Phuket immigration?

geoffphuket

8 hours ago, merijn said:

The information i provided was confirmed yesterday by Phuket Immigration.

Unless they are wrong .....

Yes, they are wrong.

If only in using the term 'VOA' in this respect. But also their other information in this respect is incorrect.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, they are wrong.

If only in using the term 'VOA' in this respect. But also their other information in this respect is incorrect.

To be sure I just asked this question in the visa forum.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:00 PM, merijn said:

Others with a VOA or multiple Non-O visa are restricted to 2 land border crossings a calendar year.

Absolutely incorrect. It is only for visa exempt entries at land border crossings. If a person has a valid visa for entry to country the rule doe not apply.

If a person applies for a 15 day visa on arrival and pays the fee for it it also does not apply to them.

Read this ministerial order. Visa Exempt Rules Dec 2016.pdf

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Absolutely incorrect. It is only for visa exempt entries at land border crossings. If a person has a valid visa for entry to country the rule doe not apply.

If a person applies for a 15 day visa on arrival and pays the fee for it it also does not apply to them.

Thanks for the information.

Better somebody tell the IO officers at  Phuket Immigration then that they give out wrong information. :-)

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

We are so lucky to have you ! (unlike many others...)

Just a quick update on Retirement Extension in case its useful for someone ...

I went circa 11am Tuesday, was barked at to "GO OUTSIDE, GO OUTSIDE" by the senior IO to get "TWO FORMS, TWO FORMS !!!!"

Young polite IO came outside and showed me the new form, the TM2 I think it was.

Nooneelse in the queue, all my documents (almost) were in order (thanks for tips Gents)

Didn't need my lease copy as the previous 90 day reporting slip was OK for Proof of Address

Photo outside Condo with Number Photoshopped by my 10 year old was ok printed on A4 paper colour 6"x4" image)

However I was sent back to photocopy all the pages (5) of my Passport back to my original Non-Imm Visa stamp from 2012

Queue was 20 people deep with one lady serving and doing passport photos too. Took circa 20 mins.

All in all in and out in less than one hour...

Picked up the passport next day at 1pm

Asked for Multiple Reentry Permit, sent round to the other Room where it was a zoo of circa 30 souls at one door so left !

Cheers,

SB.

4 hours ago, SurinBeach said:

Just a quick update on Retirement Extension in case its useful for someone ...

I went circa 11am Tuesday, was barked at to "GO OUTSIDE, GO OUTSIDE" by the senior IO to get "TWO FORMS, TWO FORMS !!!!"

Young polite IO came outside and showed me the new form, the TM2 I think it was.

Nooneelse in the queue, all my documents (almost) were in order (thanks for tips Gents)

Didn't need my lease copy as the previous 90 day reporting slip was OK for Proof of Address

Photo outside Condo with Number Photoshopped by my 10 year old was ok printed on A4 paper colour 6"x4" image)

However I was sent back to photocopy all the pages (5) of my Passport back to my original Non-Imm Visa stamp from 2012

Queue was 20 people deep with one lady serving and doing passport photos too. Took circa 20 mins.

All in all in and out in less than one hour...

Picked up the passport next day at 1pm

Asked for Multiple Reentry Permit, sent round to the other Room where it was a zoo of circa 30 souls at one door so left !

Cheers,

SB.

As was mentioned somewhere in this or another thread, your original visa and the past three extensions are needed to be copied. I never had to copy every page, although I think i did just in case! There are three slips of paper stapled in the back of my passport, one reporting my address by my landlord that is called "receipt of notification' the rest is in Thai other than my landlords address. My 90 day reporting slip TM 47, which I just noticed doesn't have a bar code on it and my last one did and my departure card. And yes, it takes longer to get your re-entry permit than your one year visa extension for some reason. It used to be about 10 minutes when it was done upstairs. Also you didn't have to come back the next day to pick up you passport when it was all done upstairs. Oh well, progress I suppose?

Archived