12 month 'Non O' Visa extention due next week. Any surprises to be expected at Phuket immigration?

geoffphuket

1 hour ago, PhuketSarah said:

Because USA  is a modern first world nation that millions  want some form of residency in.

Thailand is not.  

I posted elsewhere, I think if IO  really wishes only those wanting to support Thais  ( or back business ventures ) would apply for visa here. 

I think you're full of it and yourself! Got my first retirement extension years before I met my now wife. It's been usually the same IO that I've dealt with every time I do my extension. You just simply want to carry on with this for no reason at this point. You know what is needed but you won't accept that for an answer. If you're Thai good luck getting a US tourist visa not alone a permit to stay for a year for retirement that you can renew annually! No such thing!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we all know the requirements can and will often change on a very short notice.

Therefore any list from previous extensions are likely out of date.

The only way to now for sure if the information which you may have is correct is to contact them before doing the extension.

Therefore the volunteers have a email address ([email protected]) which can be used to get the latest information.

On 8/9/2017 at 6:23 AM, merijn said:

As we all know the requirements can and will often change on a very short notice.

Therefore any list from previous extensions are likely out of date.

The only way to now for sure if the information which you may have is correct is to contact them before doing the extension.

Therefore the volunteers have a email address ([email protected]) which can be used to get the latest information.

Thank you that is VERY helpful  information. 

However, when I went there   in person to the do the TM 30  I asked the  volunteers in room 101 for the requirement list and was told I would have to get it from room 103 which I did, hence the queries. 

I've also in the past with difficulties   had IO tel me volunteers  sometimes "don't know."  It is the Thai IO requirement list they are going to follow.

10 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:

Thank you that is VERY helpful  information. 

However, when I went there   in person to the do the TM 30  I asked the  volunteers in room 101 for the requirement list and was told I would have to get it from room 103 which I did, hence the queries. 

I've also in the past with difficulties   had IO tel me volunteers  sometimes "don't know."  It is the Thai IO requirement list they are going to follow.

It is correct that the volunteers in room 101 sometimes ask people to inform at room 103 for the requirements as they don't always have the information flyers on hand in room 101.

The only reason that the IO says that the volunteers don't know always everything is just to the fact that they change there mind on short notice without informing anybody.

Therefore it is better to send a email to get the latest information if required.

^  Mmmm 

Latest update (May)  at  http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/

Never heard of this one And it's a problem for me, I drive into Malaysia 4 times a year 

•  People with a Multiple Entry Visa from outside Thailand are allowed 2 land border entries each calender year, For AIRPORT or SEA arrival no limitation.

"When applying for a Extension based on retirement or Non-O visa for retirement an hand draw map of the location of your house is required."   

Yet the map requirement is not on  what I was given,  have you seen the list  I was given? Would you know is that standard issue  or had they run out of the less stringent/ confusing/ incompetent   editions? 

Here it is -  The  lack of an " or"  at end of line 3 has  me thinking they are going to want 800 K   in the bank  ( the blanked out space at top is just a phone number, unrelated ) 

Immig Req 3.jpg

Immig Req item 3 crop.jpg

On 8/10/2017 at 9:45 PM, merijn said:

It is correct that the volunteers in room 101 sometimes ask people to inform at room 103 for the requirements as they don't always have the information flyers on hand in room 101.

The only reason that the IO says that the volunteers don't know always everything is just to the fact that they change there mind on short notice without informing anybody.

Therefore it is better to send a email to get the latest information if required.

Please see above post, forgot to tag you on it. Thank   you 

Also of note  not on updated info  http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/  is the pic requirement of outside the home for retirement visa 

people with a Multiple Entry Visa from outside Thailand are allowed 2 land border entries each calender year, For AIRPORT or SEA arrival no limitation.

Cant be true at all. must be wrong...... as these people need leave every 90 days 

So if they live in mae sot,Trat, Surin, Hat yai etc etc,and have a multi entry o or b visa they have to fly out every 90 days??no way...

its 2 VISA EXEMPT entries /year ...... not if u have a visa

1 hour ago, SurinBeach said:

Ps

Can you drop off the forms etc in the afternoons ?

I intend to use my 30 LEase as Proof of address, its 40 Pages of English and 40 Pages Thai. Dont need all that do I ?

Many thanks

Cheers

SB

If you rent a house, the house owner has to register you.

It maybe the case that the land-owner may have to register you.

It's entirely possible that the IO could come to this conclusion.

Its a 30 year Lease, registered 10 years ago at the Land Office. Been OK in the past. I was just unsure how much of the 80 pages I needed to copy nowadays !

If you are at the same address that you already registered and still have the slip in your passport, you won't need to re register. Make a copy of it to include in your application.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Cant be true at all. must be wrong...... as these people need leave every 90 days 

So if they live in mae sot,Trat, Surin, Hat yai etc etc,and have a multi entry o or b visa they have to fly out every 90 days??no way...

13 hours ago, SurinBeach said:

Its a 30 year Lease, registered 10 years ago at the Land Office. Been OK in the past. I was just unsure how much of the 80 pages I needed to copy nowadays !

why would u have a 80 page lease?
mine is 1/2 page

18 minutes ago, SurinBeach said:

So, still as always one more question, for my retirement extension, do I need to take a Thai national with me ?

Many thanks in advance....

No. I used to do it on my own. My wife tags along now, but doesn't do anything to help the process for my retirement extension. You have to qualify for it on your own.

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

why would u need a thai??  its ur extension,

I've read a few threads where people said they did as a guarantor, , and I needed one a few years back who guaranteed me ...so I drove home and returned with my maid !

9 minutes ago, SurinBeach said:

I've read a few threads that said they did, and I needed one a few years back who guaranteed me ...so I drove home and returned with my maid !

For a extension based on retirement no other person is required expect for the applicant itself.

This was always the case in Phuket.

On 8/13/2017 at 6:03 AM, phuketrichard said:

Unfortunately it is correct.

Only people with a valid Re-Entry permit can use the land borders unrestricted.

Others with a VOA or multiple Non-O visa are restricted to 2 land border crossings a calendar year.

8 hours ago, merijn said:

Others with a VOA or multiple Non-O visa are restricted to 2 land border crossings a calendar year.

The rule is: visa exempt entries over land twice per calendar year, no limit for other entries. And for people with multiple entry visa there is no land border entry limit.

10 hours ago, merijn said:

you are soooo far wrong,

its TWO VISA EXEMPT LAND ENTRIES/CALENDAR YEAR

If u have a 1 year non B or O or ed visa u can enter as much as u like ( same goes for valid METV)

same goes for if u have a 1 year extensions and have valid re entry permit!!

13 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

you are soooo far wrong,

its TWO VISA EXEMPT LAND ENTRIES/CALENDAR YEAR

If u have a 1 year non B or O or ed visa u can enter as much as u like ( same goes for valid METV)

same goes for if u have a 1 year extensions and have valid re entry permit!!

The information i provided was confirmed yesterday by Phuket Immigration.

Unless they are wrong .....

Archived