Changing 30 Day Stamp To Non-imm "o"

is it still possible to change a 30 day stamp (visa on arrival) to a non-immigrant "O" visa for retirement purposes at immigration in bangkok? and do the 90 days start counting from the date the 30 day stamp was issued or from the day the visa is changed?

You should be able to make the change if yuo can show the relevant paperwork, particularly the money.

I assume by 90 days, you are refering to the need to report every 90 days.

I would imagine it starts from when you arrived originally, but

check with the Immigration officer when you get your new visa.

I would be interested in lopburi3's opinion if a on arrival "visa" is a true visa as those issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs in a foreign country. If so, a change of status is possible from a tourist visa to a non-imm O but would doubt it if it does not so qualify.

They had been allowing this in Bangkok post Oct 1st but am not sure it is still available. As said visit them with full requirements in hand and hope for the best. If not a quick trip out/in should get you at least a tourist visa and that could be used.

is it still possible to change a 30 day stamp (visa on arrival) to a non-immigrant "O" visa for retirement purposes at immigration in bangkok?
Yes as long as you have 15 days left on the tourist visa exemption stamp. Better if you have at least 21 days but they will allow 15 days.

and do the 90 days start counting from the date the 30 day stamp was issued or from the day the visa is changed?

The day the visa was changed.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com