Options for Tickets out of thailand when applying for SETV

My plan is to get a SETV extend it to the full 90 days and then fly out to get a 2nd SETV for a total of 6 months in the Kingdom.

My first SETV will be from HCMC and I see good reports as long as you have all the paperwork - Not and issue apart form a ticket out.

I have looked at the onward ticket website and it seems renting a ticket is goign to be $18 for 48 hrs and I'm just not sure if I can get he visa application turned around in that time and fall into whatever additional late fee traps they have might.

I've also looked at the bus transport company which will sell a BKK to Seim Reap bus ticket for 750baht - no time limits - no refunds.

Has anyone used these methods?

Has anyone got a SETV from HCMC without a outbound ticket? (the application form doesn't have space for the details)

Has anyone used a different method of getting a temporary cheap ticket?

Thanks

Careful about renting a ticket when applying for a visa at the consulate. If they drag their feet a little, and your ticket expires, they might find out. It's as easy as doing a 3 second google search to check whether your ticket is valid.

I suspect this may be the reason why my Thai SETV application was rejected at a consulate in Jakarta, as I didn't expect their turnaround time would be so long.

I would just buy a real ticket and use it when you go traveling. 

Edited by bill38