New Engine (imported) and Registering Question

I recently completed the legal import of a new 500cc motorcycle engine to replace my aged and tired 35 year old 400cc one.

I am awaiting the customs broker to send the official tax paid document from Thai Customs.

What will the Thai transportation department require to change my Green Book to reflect the change in the Book?

1. The replacement engine is a 500cc engine as opposed to the 400cc in the book.

2. I have also changed address within the past year.

I am thinking they will have to issue a new book to reflect these changes, correct?

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

may I ask how much (%)  you paid in import duty (and then + 7% VAT I assume?) ?

(I ask because I am kind of planning import og a 2nd hand engine from the US)

10% plus VAT.  Shipping and US broker charges are including in the total value.

Kwasaki-

I would think they would have required that test upon entry to Thailand, would they not?

Though my old engine was a 400 cc engine, and many are still imported from Japan, my new engine is a 500cc of the same general series.

I just did a change of paint with the land office. I know not an engine. Since I didn't have the original paper work I had to go and collect a new document, then have the scooter inspected which involved them putting a piece of tape over the vehicle number and rubbing it with a pencil and then transfered to the paper work. This was the 5 year inspection now required ever year. 

Bring all your documentation regarding the engine, they will have a few documents for you to sign all in Thai. My local shop would not do the inspection until I had the paint changed in the green book. Do not know if this helps. 

Took care of paint change and registration in one day.

21 hours ago, sailaway2000 said:

Kwasaki-

I would think they would have required that test upon entry to Thailand, would they not?

Though my old engine was a 400 cc engine, and many are still imported from Japan, my new engine is a 500cc of the same general series.

I would expect so but do as RichBkk said with existing green book first.

You have green book for your bike already so l guess they will just change details of address first, then change out the motor,  as you say they may issue a new book because  printed engine number details are on the first main pages.

When l had a CB400 l had no green book and to get one was nigh on impossible.

23 hours ago, sailaway2000 said:

Kwasaki-

Yamaha SR/XT500, n'est pas?