Illegal entrant claims dual citizenship at border

snoop1130

On 7/27/2017 at 8:15 AM, Cheops said:

Your comment doesn't make sense, since if it's true what you say, every news should be breaking. In general the term breaking news refers to news which is important enough to interrupt other news. Well, can't say that that's the case here.

For TV  'breaking' news means clickbait! 

It does make sense.  Every news is breaking, when it breaks.

Definition from Google:  (of news or a scandal) suddenly become public.   'News suddenly becoming public' is exactly what this (and every other news story) is.

Of course it's clickbait, but that doesn't mean it isn't breaking.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not positive now, but when my ex wife was granted US citizenship in 197x she had to renounce her Korean citizenship and surrender her ROK passport. I understand dual citizenship can negate US naturalized citizenship?

12 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I am not positive now, but when my ex wife was granted US citizenship in 197x she had to renounce her Korean citizenship and surrender her ROK passport. I understand dual citizenship can negate US naturalized citizenship?

I think the rules in 197x and the rules of immigration now differ with respect to dual citizenship.   If she wanted to and Korea allowed her (or did not recognize the renunciation) she would be able to be a dual citizen now.  There are certain exceptions where you could lose your US citizenship.... like being a member of a foreign military (especially if not an ally).  

On 26/07/2017 at 6:57 PM, jabsjabs said:

Has dual Canadian and American citizenship?

Ya right!

Its not the easiest thing to do

Odd, I'm Canadian born and I know personally of 8 Canadian/American dual citizens in the company I work for, it is actually quite frequent. one parent of each nationality and your in.

1 hour ago, kwonitoy said:

Odd, I'm Canadian born and I know personally of 8 Canadian/American dual citizens in the company I work for, it is actually quite frequent. one parent of each nationality and your in.

You obviously know everyone that has dual Canadian American citizenship.... which means you and I probably know or are related to the same people.... but then Canada has very few people and everyone typically knows everyone....

On 7/28/2017 at 1:20 AM, moe666 said:

The immigration mess as you called it as nothing to do with the length of time it takes to become a US citizen. There are certain hoops you need to jump thru and each one is 2 or 3 years making it around 7 years to become a citizen

Exactly. One guy on here was saying it's easy and everyone he knows has dual. 

I am Canadian too and know it's hard and a long process to get dual citizenship. especially with out a good job. And the jobs you need to speed the process up are not easy to come by. A burger flipper or laborer will not work. 

Even know a few girls that got married to American guys and it was still many many years for them to get citizenship. 

But ya, people can keep arguing it's easy when they have no experience or knowledge of it. 

Mane this guy looks like a perfect candidate for it lol. 

Lets hope his mom and dad are from each country to stand a chance

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-08-01 at 6:08 PM, WhizBang said:

Totally disagree with you.   Obtaining dual citizenship is quite easy.

It is only easy for those that get it by birth (American).  If you are not American by birth obtaining citizenship is a long drawn out process, which means dual citizenship is equally as difficult.  I know lots of dual American / Canadian citizens but they usually had it by birth.  It is definitely how my cousins got theirs.