Trump - no transgender people will serve in U.S. military: Twitter

snoop1130

TRUMP BANNED TRANSGENDER TROOPS FOR 74 MILES OF BORDER WALL FUNDING: REPORT

"The reasoning behind President Donald Trump’s sudden Twitter announcement Wednesday—that transgender people would be banned from military service—and that upended Capitol Hill, the military and LGBT rights activists reportedly came down to one factor :

funding for the billionaire’s much-hyped idea of constructing a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico."

"In order to boost that funding, public funding of surgeries for transgender service members would be removed from a defense spending bill that would fulfill the president’s promises to increase military spending and construct that wall."

"Conservative Republicans and national defense “hawks” had been focusing on the costs of surgeries as the House tinkered with the bill, and Trump made his decision in order to make sure the bill would move forward, Politico reported, citing White House and congressional sources."

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-transgender-ban-wall-642456

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/27/2017 at 2:56 PM, UncleFester said:

Hopefully.  We need real men and women in the armed services.  

I don't know how your post got past my "block" but since it did. I'd like to suggest you and others who think like you reading a bit of research.

http://brainblogger.com/2015/05/14/homosexuality-in-the-brain/

This is significant to those with an open mind and who are not bigots. 

Oh and fear not I'll not respond to you or your posts again.

2 minutes ago, RobFord said:

I've been fortunate enough to never meet a trump supporter while in Thailand.

Maybe they're all closeted?

IMG_0307.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Really, the US has millions of people like this, wake up, this is just part of the hate Trump campaign. I'm sure you could find a picture of a skinny transgender soldier and a macho Trump voter.  

It looks like the US has become a split society -  those intelligent anti-Trump ones, who think their vote counts more than someone who is uneducated, or looks like those in the above photo. Give Trump a chance, he's done some great things so far, unnoticed of course by the press, who are totally biased.

8 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Really, the US has millions of people like this, wake up, this is just part of the hate Trump campaign. I'm sure you could find a picture of a skinny transgender soldier and a macho Trump voter.  

It looks like the US has become a split society -  those intelligent anti-Trump ones, who think their vote counts more than someone who is uneducated, or looks like those in the above photo. Give Trump a chance, he's done some great things so far, unnoticed of course by the press, who are totally biased.

Please tell us what Trump has accomplished that the press are not reporting.  Biased?  Maybe it's because you don't like what they report? LOL

2 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Agreed, but these people have a much higher chance of being mentally disturbed than other, wouldn't you agree?

Applicants deemed unsuitable would be screened out, transgender or otherwise. On occasions, the screening process might fail, whether the candidate is transgender or otherwise. Disallowing application on the basis that applicant is transgender is wrong and without basis. In other words, it is discrimination, prejudicial, bigoted. No amount of explaining explains that away.

T

3 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:
3 hours ago, Thakkar said:

As soon as he starts behaving like a real president.

As soon as he shows respect for The Constitution, The First Ammendment, the independence of the judiciary and the independence of the DOJ.

As soon as he releases his tax returns, as all modern presidents have done.

As soon as he eschews nepotism.

As soon as he clearly disentangles himself from his businesses to ensure there are no conflicts of interest, as all presidents have done.

As soon as he shows respect for ALL Americans, not just those who support him.

Support is earned.

T

You mean like Bush? lol

Someone elsewhere on these forums asked how low the bar for Trump would go before some of his supporters withdraw their support. Well it seems you have inadvertently  answered that poster : the next low bar for Trump is War Crimes.

T

Great to see Trump has guts

A group with a 41% suicide rate just may indicate a few mental problems and not someone i'd want to be along side with in combat. The military should be strong, not a leftie SJW playgroup

3 minutes ago, iReason said:

It's not about a poster reporting you.

If you or anyone posts a objectionable response/post, it will be deleted. Sooner or later.

Simple as that.

You can't blame others for your own indiscretions.

Please tell me my indiscretions.

Posts commenting on/referring to Moderation have been removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

Please observe the forum rules, any more personal attacks or repeated rule violations will now result in immediate suspension without further warning.

Exclusive: Majority of Americans support transgender military service - poll

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - A majority of Americans believe that transgender individuals should be allowed to serve in the military, according to an exclusive Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Friday."

"The July 26-28 poll suggested that the country largely disagrees with President Donald Trump's announcement this week that he will ban transgender personnel from the armed forces."

"When asked to weigh in on the debate, 58 percent of adults agreed with the statement, "Transgender people should be allowed to serve in the military."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-military-transgender-poll-idUSKBN1AD2BL

Edited by iReason

4 minutes ago, iReason said:

It's always interesting to me, the people who employ the word "HATE" right out of the gate.

"Give Trump a chance, he's done some great things so far, unnoticed of course by the press, who are totally biased." :blink:

Regardless of your baseless, hyperbolic accusation; "unnoticed of course by the press, who are totally biased",

what "great things so far" are you referring to?

He has brought all the bigots out of the woodwork who now proudly display their bigotry for all to see. We HAVE to thanks Trump for that, I guess. So: Thanks, Trump!

T

Great things? Name them.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If the person has had all the medical changes fine.  As a retired Canadian service member I had no issues with gay military but would have had and am sure most women in he military would have had an issue sharing tent space with someone if they did not know them.

The US should look at what it pays for medically and redirect funds like TG surgery and erection isdsuses for the people that need it  THE VETS.

5 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Yawn, not that stupid argument again.

You voted for the way the election be operated, so don't complain when it works against your candidate.

Liberals keep dragging out the total votes issue, but they ignore the fact that Trump knew that he would lose California and Washington and NY (and probably some others) and so he didnt bother campaigning there (where over 50 million people live). Many people there who would have voted Trump there if they thought they had any chance, but they didnt bother registering/voting.

Trump focused on winning the electoral college vote, and he didnt worry about total votes. Meanwhile Clinton focused on her core supporters (California etc), and ignored the rust-belt and all the discontent. Trump won when Wisconsin was declared, and/or Pennsylvania, and he campaigned heavily there. Clinton? SFA.

Trump ignored the media and polls all saying Clinton was going to win. 

The Transgender ban was also going to get a lot of liberal/media negatives, but Trump knows what is right, and just like ignoring the popular votes in the election, he decided he would ignored all the 'noise' and bleating and he did what is right. Just like in the election, Trump is ignoring the media and polls and liberals - he is doing what he believes that the military needs and what is right. It is not discrimination - it is about morale and costs.

I know this might hurt a lot of feelings, but the mission of the military is to provide for the defense of this nation, not perform gender transformation surgeries at taxpayer costs.

http://waynedupree.com/military-transgender-surgeries-would-cost-1-3-billion-over-next-ten-years/

The military "is there to kill people and blow stuff up. They're not there to be socially-engineered" -@SebGorka on transgender military ban

DF00E8uXcAA7r_F.jpg

Like Trump, I am now going to ignore all the bleating and complaining from the lefties on this issue. Over.

Edited by CharlieH
Fair use - article reduced

14 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Liberals keep dragging out the total votes issue, but they ignore the fact that Trump knew that he would lose California and Washington and NY (and probably some others) and so he didnt bother campaigning there (where over 50 million people live). Many people there who would have voted Trump there if they thought they had any chance, but they didnt bother registering/voting.

Trump focused on winning the electoral college vote, and he didnt worry about total votes. Meanwhile Clinton focused on her core supporters (California etc), and ignored the rust-belt and all the discontent. Trump won when Wisconsin was declared, and/or Pennsylvania, and he campaigned heavily there. Clinton? SFA.

The Transgender ban was also going to get a lot of liberal/media negatives, but Trump knows what is right, and just like ignoring the popular votes in the election, he decided he would ignored all the 'noise' and bleating and he did what is right. Just like in the election, Trump is ignoring the media and polls and liberals - he is doing what he believes that the military needs and what is right. It is not discrimination - it is about morale and costs.

I know this might hurt a lot of feelings, but the mission of the military is to provide for the defense of this nation, not perform gender transformation surgeries at taxpayer costs.

http://waynedupree.com/military-transgender-surgeries-would-cost-1-3-billion-over-next-ten-years/

The military "is there to kill people and blow stuff up. They're not there to be socially-engineered" -@SebGorka on transgender military ban

DF00E8uXcAA7r_F.jpg

Like Trump, I am now going to ignore all the bleating and complaining from the lefties on this issue. Over.

Maybe they should send them to Thailand where it would be cheaper

15 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

DF00E8uXcAA7r_F.jpg

The only problem with the numbers you cite is that they are crap.  The military has actual statistics to show what the costs are for transgender soldiers are per year.  The highest estimate is 8.4 million dollars per year. In addition the Williams Institute did not come up with that inflated estimate for costs. That was from right wing congresswomen Hartzler whose claim to authority on this subject is...?

She [Hartzler] then cited “other studies” that projected it would cost more than $3 billion over a decade.

NBC News contacted Hartzler’s office to identify and quantify the veracity of the initial claim and the “other studies.” Her office did not respond to multiple requests for comment or for citations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-claims-transgender-service-members-cost-too-much-true-n786891

1 hour ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Just like in the election, Trump is ignoring the media and polls and liberals - he is doing what he believes that the military needs and what is right.

It is not discrimination - it is about morale and costs.

What pile of balderdash.

And a shameful attempt to spread disinformation.

"Right Side Broadcasting Network (RSBN), also known as Right Side Broadcasting,

is a conservative American news and opinion media company founded by Joe Seales"

"During Summer 2016, the network started several shows with Wayne Dupree and Pastor Mark Burns."

"According to Seales, Trump "watches the network a lot" on his private jet during his campaign and that Trump appreciated the network for showing his crowds."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Side_Broadcasting_Network

"John Mark Burns (born September 21, 1979) is an American Evangelical Christian pastor of Harvest Praise & Worship Center in South Carolina and was a surrogate of Republican nominee Donald Trump's 2016 candidacy for the U.S. presidency."

"Burns is co-founder of the NOW Television Network, a Christian television network, also based in South Carolina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Burns_(televangelist)

And Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler, R-Mich, who they fed that erroneous nonsense to.

No bias there.  :laugh:

The only "bleating and complaining" I've seen is in your three paragraphs trying to justify an inept fool.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

Here’s How Many Trans People Serve in the U.S. Military

"Medical care for trans troops would cost 0.0014 percent of defense spending."

"Care for transgender people in the military would add $8.4 million to the total medical costs of all active duty service members,

according to an analysis last year by RAND Corp."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-26/here-s-how-many-trans-people-serve-in-the-u-s-military

Trump Claims Transgender Service Members Cost Too Much: But Is That True?

"RAND used private health insurance data to find the costs of transition treatments and concluded that the Military Health System

would only see an increase in $2.4 million and $8.4 million per year."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-claims-transgender-service-members-cost-too-much-true-n786891

You've been hood-winked.

Again.

This time, by a bunch of tele-evangelists.

"It is not discrimination - it is about morale and costs."

No, it's about skimming money for a "the big beautiful wall".

That will never be built.

170726-dod-graphic-ac-647p_3ac55acbbc6172d4d09e1d81b043281e.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Edited by iReason

1 hour ago, ELVIS123456 said:

it is about morale and costs.

It's not even a year since inauguration and so far Trump's golf course trips have cost the taxpayers almost $49m —SIX times the cost for a FULL YEAR of Transgender medical costs.

As to morale, it acually goes down when a president, without consulting with the military, issues a decree by twitter—a decree that results in confusion in the ranks because it is not known if, How or when there will/will not be a change in policy.

Your attempt to justify the unjustifiable is leading you down a path if ever sillier justifications.

T

2 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Complete BS.

8.4 million a year x 10 is 84 million. Trumps Golfing trips to Mara lago this year have cost 24 Million USD and 'winter is coming, he will be off down there again very soon. Four years of this and he will rack up 200 Million JUST on his own private excursions. One rule for one and a different rule for Trump - or so he thinks. You reap what you sow. Winter really IS coming.

12 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Just one more thing to add to the mountain of lies.

597cacc661eca_TrumpliesaboutLGBT.jpg.3d244574294c0fb075a40e2526fa9e80.jpg

Looks like the Trump Admin got so tired of winning against the LGBT community that they needed a two month break after April before restarting the bash fest.

T

26 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Just one more thing to add to the mountain of lies.

597cacc661eca_TrumpliesaboutLGBT.jpg.3d244574294c0fb075a40e2526fa9e80.jpg

TRUMP TWEETS PRIDE FOR HIS HOTEL AND SKATING RINK,

BUT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE LGBT PRIDE MONTH ON TWITTER

"The president’s history of tweets using “LGBT” is also sparse, with a total of two mentions in his entire feed."

"His few mentions of “gay” have centered on who stands where and who has flip-flopped on gay marriage, with one mention of an arrest near a “gay parade” and one quoting another Twitter user who describes someone who “looks a little gay.”

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tweets-pride-his-hotel-and-skating-rink-doesnt-recognize-lgbt-pride-629060

Edited by iReason

6 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

Great to see Trump has guts

A group with a 41% suicide rate just may indicate a few mental problems and not someone i'd want to be along side with in combat. The military should be strong, not a leftie SJW playgroup

Again, unsuitable applicants would be identified and rejected, whether they are transgender or otherwise. While suicides are complex and difficult to prevent, screening for suicidal tendencies is fairly accurate.

Also, the Trump's proposal serves to further isolate an already fringe group of people and contributes to their suicidal tendencies.

"we find that mental health factors and experiences of harassment, discrimination, violence and rejection may interact to produce a marked vulnerability to suicidal behavior in transgender and gender non-conforming individuals."

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

A true president works to reduce people's burdens, not add to them.

T