Trump - no transgender people will serve in U.S. military: Twitter

snoop1130

Pentagon takes no steps to enforce Trump's transgender ban

"Marine Gen. Joe Dunford also told the chiefs of the military branches and senior enlisted leaders that the military will continue

to “treat all of our personnel with respect.”

"Dunford's message was seconded later in the day by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis' chief spokeswoman."

"The Pentagon's position underscored how the military, like legal experts,

does not consider the president's social media pronouncements to be policy."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27/trump-transgender-military-ban-no-modification-241029

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, iReason said:
33 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Many heavily armed racist, xenophobic gun nuts blindly loyal to Dear Leader.

If even 1% of them decide to form an army to protect Trump from impeachment, America is screwed and headed for civil war.

They may be organizing already. As per Sessions' DOJ order, the government has delisted White supremacist organizations as dangerous and agencies may not be monitoring them any longer.

Naa, a bunch of knuckeheads with sidearms and rifles.

They would be put down like the mad dogs that they are by professionals.

Toot Sweet.

Because of course, they would be terrorists and treasonous.

And they would miss their time watching Alex Jones...

You are more optimistic than I, Gunga Din!

I can only hope you are right and I am wrong.

T

3 hours ago, selftaopath said:

trannie

adjective

• A derogatory word used to indicate a person is a low life who dresses as the sex opposite their own, considers themselves permanently or temporarily that gender and most often has sexual connotations.

Thank you for showing more a/b you.

A tranny used to just be short for transvestite, not derogatory. To be honest, I don't know much about transgender people but do know it is classed as a mental disorder. So my question is if one has a mental disorder, should they be banned from being in the armed services?  Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), Gender dsyphoria. 

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

Look at the big picture.
80% of men and women that apply for the U.S military are rejected due to fitness, psych evaluations etc.
Don't you think someone with gender identity issues falls under some kind of psychological issues?

It's a form of mental illness and that alone is why they should be rejected. I wouldn't want to fight next to someone with that mental struggle.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes, the American Psychiatric Association state it is a mental disorder, so you are right. Some seem to think they deserve special treatment, as they can't help it. What about the guy with schizophrenia that thinks he's Elvis, should he be allowed in the army as he can't help it?

It might be best if people stopped playing armchair psychiatrist.   The people in question have been allowed into the military and now as a group are being told that they will be discharged.   

Just now, Credo said:

It might be best if people stopped playing armchair psychiatrist.   The people in question have been allowed into the military and now as a group are being told that they will be discharged.   

No, I am stating what the professionals say. 

Just now, iReason said:

I wonder how many here had talked about this or even gave it a second thought before the inept one spewed forth.

Quite a lot, actually. How derogatory to the Yanks, calling their President that. He was voted in democratically. Don't be a sore loser, accept that he won and be an upright citizen and SUPPORT the elected president.

13 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Yes, the American Psychiatric Association state it is a mental disorder, so you are right. Some seem to think they deserve special treatment, as they can't help it. What about the guy with schizophrenia that thinks he's Elvis, should he be allowed in the army as he can't help it?

It's not that clear cut. From the American Psychological Association:

"A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder."

It's more nuanced than the above statement implies. Go here to learn more:

http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx

Bottom line: recruits, transgender or otherwise, are assessed for suitability before being accepted. There's no good reason to exclude them from applying, and, if they pass the process, to exclude them from being hired.

T

6 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

be an upright citizen and SUPPORT the elected president.

The man is making a mockery of the office and the country, lying and turning his back on those he promised to defend.  I won't support that.

Edited by attrayant

3 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

How derogatory to the Yanks, calling their President that.

He was voted in democratically.

Don't be a sore loser, accept that he won and be an upright citizen and SUPPORT the elected president.

Standard deflecting gibberish.

He has demonstrated his ineptness and ignorance continually.

Along with being massively unqualified to occupy the White House.

:coffee1:

"He was voted in democratically."

That remains to be seen...

12 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Quite a lot, actually. How derogatory to the Yanks, calling their President that. He was voted in democratically. Don't be a sore loser, accept that he won and be an upright citizen and SUPPORT the elected president.

He was legally voted in but as president his behavior does not demand any respect. The office does. He has crapped on the office. He must be removed for the sake of the country. 

11 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

upright citizen and SUPPORT the elected president.

As soon as he starts behaving like a real president.

As soon as he shows respect for The Constitution, The First Ammendment, the independence of the judiciary and the independence of the DOJ.

As soon as he releases his tax returns, as all modern presidents have done.

As soon as he eschews nepotism.

As soon as he clearly disentangles himself from his businesses to ensure there are no conflicts of interest, as all presidents have done.

As soon as he shows respect for ALL Americans, not just those who support him.

Support is earned.

T

4 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

As soon as he shows respect for The Constitution, The First Ammendment, the independence of the judiciary and the independence of the DOJ.

As soon as he clearly disentangles himself from his businesses to ensure there are no conflicts of interest, as all presidents have done.

Support is earned.

T

Those things of course will NEVER happen.

An impasse is coming. 

Either he resigns, is impeached, or he morphs into a fully blown character like Erdogan, criminalizing dissent.

I have no doubt he will do the latter if he isn't forcibly stopped. 

A true test of the American system. So far based on the complicit republicans ... mostly failing. 

Edited by Jingthing

I served 34 years in the army. I’m transgender. President Trump is wrong

"I served in the Army infantry for 34 years and 10 months."

"As a captain, I commanded a light infantry unit of 100 personnel and deployed twice. Eventually, I was promoted to colonel."

"I retired as director of manpower and personnel for the Wisconsin army and air national guard."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/transgender-trans-military-trump-ban-lgbtq-discrimination-armed-forces-service-serve-cost-of-a7862491.html

53 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Support is earned.

T

You mean like Bush? lol

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He was legally voted in but as president his behavior does not demand any respect. The office does. He has crapped on the office. He must be removed for the sake of the country. 

Well you should have realized that before you voted him in. Says a lot for the US people. The sad thing is that the alternative was even worse. There has only been one good US president in my lifetime, Jimmy Carter.

Just now, MrPatrickThai said:

Well you should have realized that before you voted him in. Says a lot for the US people. The sad thing is that the alternative was even worse. There has only been one good US president in my lifetime, Jimmy Carter.

No way was the alternative worse. Don't try to sell that B.S. Nobody could be worse than the sleazy clown. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No way was the alternative worse. Don't try to sell that B.S. Nobody could be worse than the sleazy clown. 

This is of course a matter of opinion, on which the US was divided. Luckily the intelligent, un-brainwashed ones won.

Do you think Bush junior was better?

Edited by MrPatrickThai

2 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

This is of course a matter of opinion, on which the US was divided.

Do you think Bush junior was better?

The majority voted for Hillary Clinton.

Edited by Jingthing

Yawn, not that stupid argument again.

You voted for the way the election be operated, so don't complain when it works against your candidate.

It's not a stupid argument to anyone that knows the history of the American system, which clearly you do not.

Whenever a president wins by the electoral college only, they enter office with a cloud over their head as to their real legitimacy. They legally won but there is still doubt.

A reasonable response would be to work aggressively to act as president of all the people.

The perverted clown trump did the exact opposite. He's made it clear that he is only the president of his base, which not surprisingly continues to shrink, as more people realize what a bizarre dangerous baby man occupies the oval office. 

‘I WILL FOREVER BE AN AMERICAN SOLDIER’ TRANSGENDER SERVICE MEMBERS RESPOND TO TRUMP’S BAN

"Politicians, advocacy groups and LGBTQ individuals decried President Trump’s announcement."

"Among those who felt most blindsided by the reversal were transgender veterans, who by some estimates number more than 130,000 in the U.S."

"Here, nine transgender troops and veterans respond to President Trump’s announcement : "

http://time.com/donald-trump-president-transgender-troops/

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Do you thing Transgenders should be in the army?

I think all American citizens that are properly screened should be allowed to volunteer. Obviously there are many reasons for rejection such as health conditions like asthma. I don't think transgender status should be an automatic reason to reject any more than being black or gay. 

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:
It's not that clear cut. From the American Psychological Association:

"A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder."

It's more nuanced than the above statement implies. Go here to learn more:

http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx

Bottom line: recruits, transgender or otherwise, are assessed for suitability before being accepted. There's no good reason to exclude them from applying, and, if they pass the process, to exclude them from being hired.

T

Agreed, but these people have a much higher chance of being mentally disturbed than other, wouldn't you agree?

The Navy Doctor Who Pushed for Trans Troops to Serve Openly Pushes Back on Trump’s Ban

"Jesse Ehrenfeld: I had the incredible pleasure of serving in Afghanistan from 2014 to 2015."

"In February of 2015, I found myself sitting with Logan at a troop town hall for our new Secretary of Defense Ash Carter in Kandahar, Afghanistan."

"So I stood up and asked the defense secretary for his thoughts on transgender service. He gave a very favorable response."

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think all American citizens that are properly screened should be allowed to volunteer. Obviously there are many reasons for rejection such as health conditions like asthma. I don't think transgender status should be an automatic reason to reject any more than being black or gay. 

Cheers.

Being black or gay is not a mental issue. Perhaps saying that it is wrong that they should be disqualified is wrong as would be to do the same to people with Depression, OCD, or Schizophrenia. 

Being black or gay is not a mental issue. Perhaps saying that it is wrong that they should be disqualified is wrong as would be to do the same to people with Depression, OCD, or Schizophrenia. 

Being gay used to be seen as a mental issue not very long ago. 

Rejection for an actual mental issue is reasonable.

Labeling all people with transgender identity as having a mental issue is not

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Being gay used to be seen as a mental issue not very long ago. 

Rejection for an actual mental issue is reasonable.

Labeling all people with transgender identity as having a mental issue is not

Yes, I agree, as the DSM change their book regularly. Perhaps in the future, Gender Dysphoria will be taken out. 

The  same could be said for Alcoholism.