Video: Traffic cop on the scene as knife wielding school boys run amok in Bangkok

snoop1130

13 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Future upstanding Citizens and Ambassadors of Thailand for project Thailand four and a half !

Thainess at it's best! These gangsters should be locked up along with their parents. I want none of thisThai Culture! Very sick!

I seem to remember those heady days of inter school rivalry from decades past.

we would stare malevolently at the opposition, shooting daggers from our eyes, whilst stepping up onto the starting blocks at the pools end, determined to give those enemies a severe thrashing over 100 meters, just waiting for the starters gun to fire.

i suppose things change.

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

This is one totally <deleted> up country. I despair I really really do.

...reminded me of a school dance...three steps forward..three steps back...side two..back two.

I was once in the midst of one of these student fights. It was inside the Big C opposite the new Robinson shopping mall in Samut Prakan. I was coming down the slopping escalator and 3 or 4 students came running down in a panic and pushed passed me. ...Then one student screaming obscenities running down not far behind withdrew a big machete ( same type as in the video.. forget the name) from his school bag! He then stopped behind me and said with a slight bow of his head ..'Kor-tor krup' !! I obviously moved out the way and accepted his apology straight away.......crazy kids soon to be crazier childish adults.  Still ..better manners than western kids.?

Tbf in my many years in Thailand this is still my only expirience of a dangerous situation...not taking into account the use of the roads here obviously.

Edited by goldenbrwn1

I also got kind of in the midst of a fight between vocational students up in Lardphrao. This was back around '93 so it's been a tradition for many years. I seem to remember they were carrying iron bars though, not machetes, still pretty dangerous. I never felt threatened through the whole incident as they were obviously going after each other and not bystanders. The whole thing ended when one group ran onto a moving bus and left the other group behind.

Edited by charmonman
correction

If you have ever read the cross and the switch blade book. NY had the same problem with gangs in the 60's.  A preacher came and taught the gangs that I not the way to live. Hé changed their culture and the gang warfare stopped. Need someone to step up to plate here wether Buddhist or Christian to show these kids that is not the way. Say what you want their is always a way foreward. 

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

This is one totally <deleted> up country. I despair I really really do.

Pack your bags, quick quick, better than despairing. I love this country if it wasn't for the chronic grumblers like you. The world is big enough to find a place to your liking

21 minutes ago, keskeseksa said:

Pack your bags, quick quick, better than despairing. I love this country if it wasn't for the chronic grumblers like you. The world is big enough to find a place to your liking

Observation my good man, not a groan in sight.

It never been develop country beside technical vs charactor ....society is not define as normal humans they are left behind thru 20 century and still 50 years behind average policies....and 76 years when logic comes into role play.

Sad for those Thais whom have the power to enforce strict lawsbut rather goes with krengjai stuff.

1 hour ago, foxboy said:

I blame the Thai movie industry in part... Thai dramas often promote this method of resolving differences. It's no wonder the youth want to copy their cool TV idols

do the cops also watch Thai movies

9 hours ago, impulse said:

But what about unintended consequences when innocent bystanders start dropping like flies?

Students regularly injure and murder bystanders!
This is an ongoing problem and has been for decades.

When students start grouping in a street, locals get the hell away - it's instinctive!

No one dare interfere because of the consequences to their own safety.

It seems to be - sort of accepted behaviour.

All very sad.

We lost a son to this stuff in 2014 and the perp was never arrested.

No one cares and nothing will ever change until they do.

The media only like to report sensational things but seldom follow up with a conclusion.

It would be great if the media (inc TV) would report college kids (and or their parents)

being severely punished/jailed as a warning to others.

But don't hold your breath!

19 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

Something is terribly wrong with the younger thai generation... as they ever seem to want got do is create mayhem

It has to start with responsible parents.

Edited by steven100

On 27/07/2017 at 9:49 AM, Kabula said:

I'm surprised no tasers were carried by the students, nor brass knuckles visible, or dildos thrown.  They sell knives, swords, tasers, brass knuckles and dildos on the street! 

Where there is life, there is conflict!

Nice to see they were not on their cell phones...

Excuse me.  A dildo is a sex toy.  I would think being hit by a thrown dildo was not the same thing as being cut up by a sword or parang.  Swords at 2 paces.  Dangerous! Thrown dildos at 20 paces.  If that was the extent of their violence we could all laugh.  But this is no funny situation.  And a single traffic officer saw them off.  Give the guy a medal. Good.  Keep.the bikes till Mummy and Daddy come to ask for them.  See which kids match the videos and pix.

19 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Excuse me.  A dildo is a sex toy.  I would think being hit by a thrown dildo was not the same thing as being cut up by a sword or parang.  Swords at 2 paces.  Dangerous! Thrown dildos at 20 paces.  If that was the extent of their violence we could all laugh.  But this is no funny situation.  And a single traffic officer saw them off.  Give the guy a medal. Good.  Keep.the bikes till Mummy and Daddy come to ask for them.  See which kids match the videos and pix.

Any solid object thrown can potentionally cause serious injury or death.

Ex.  Strikes the throat breaking small bones causing breathing issues.   Strikes the side of the neck compressing the artery, pausing blood flow to the brain, causing a temporary black out, fall, striking the head.

3 hours ago, Kabula said:

Any solid object thrown can potentionally cause serious injury or death.

Ex.  Strikes the throat breaking small bones causing breathing issues.   Strikes the side of the neck compressing the artery, pausing blood flow to the brain, causing a temporary black out, fall, striking the head.

Oh dear me!    Or it could strike someone in the open mouth and they could choke to death.  As you point out so admirably, the extremely unlikely is still possible.  I look forward to "possible" video of fifteen year old Thai boys from opposing technical colleges hurling rubber dickies at each other.   Better that than slashing each other with swords.  PS are you confusing dildos with vibrator's?  The former are usually soft silicone rubber.  The latter sometimes more robust including batteries and motors.  Or so I am told. 555. Now we wouldn't want then to do anything so risky!!!!