Bell's whiskey in Thailand?

down at tesco's today and saw Bell's offered, 70cl for 395 baht bottled in Thailand...an unlikely union jack on the label...has anyone tried it?

I drink vodka these days but it would be nice to know that a drinkable blended whiskey is available for a reasonable price...in Glasgow it useta be either Grouse or Bell's fer the half and a half (half glass of whiskey and a half or either heavy or lager)...

Bells is OK not to everyone's taste but as a mixer it will be fine.

Myself as Whisky goes it's single malt 18 year or more.

If you want a blended whisky for mixers then 100 pipers or the 285 brand are at a reasonable price about 280 for 70cl a litre is around 500.

useta like Famous Grouse and then Bell's when in Glasgow, neat with a half of heavy or lager...whiskey goes well with the local ambiance...whiskey also seems to taste different in Scotland, sorta like Guinness in Dublin, seems like ye can drink it forever...psychological suggestion, I suppose...

can't stomach 100 Pipers nor JW for that matter...I thought that if real Bell's was available in Thailand I might try a bit of variety to my usual tipple...

any malt whiskey is preferable, of course...if someone else is buying...

5 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

can't stomach 100 Pipers

In moderation l find 100 OK neat better than 285 but only when my single malt runs out. 

Psychological l think you've hit hit the nail on the head. :thumbsup:

Bells here not only has a different label from in the UK, it also tastes different - more smokey, which I actually prefer.  Despite being cheaper than 100 Pipers, it is, in my opinion, a better whisky, simply for being more characterful.

12 hours ago, Oxx said:

Bells here not only has a different label from in the UK, it also tastes different - more smokey, which I actually prefer.  Despite being cheaper than 100 Pipers, it is, in my opinion, a better whisky, simply for being more characterful.

'more smokey'? hmmm, gonna havta try it...maybe the bottlers here in Thailand run the product over a peat fire first in an attempt to duplicate a malt whiskey...

I like to drink whiskey neat which eliminates the need for ice  2 bags daily of which are required for my vodka with soda and lime...but as whiskey is a 'warm' drink may havta adjust the AC accordingly...

the evil stepdaughter: 'hellooooo tutsi...goin' to sebben now, looks like you need some ice...'  me: 'oh dear, I only have 1000...' her: '(heh, heh, heh...)'...she had sent her 8 y.o. to pilfer my small change while I was sleeping...

anyway, gonna havta try it as it is reasonably priced and all the other local cheap whiskeys are undrinkable...100 Pipers tastes like rice spirit with caramel coloring...

Archived