Lawyer Mavens Where Are U? Another Legal Problem To Be Solved

bina

To all u law mavens

we have started the paper work at local (jerusalem) interior ministery ........ seemed hunky dory until the nice lady at the desk asked for the Thai MFA stamp on (thai) husband's Police Clearance thing. We didnt know that that had to be done also (as it was in english alreadyit didnt occur to us), and the Israeli embassy thailand never mentioned this even when prompted).

So now we have to do this long distance.

1. Will the MFA allow anon's brother in Korat to bring the cert. in to the MFA in Laksi? (we will send him the cert by registered mail/ems).

OR

2. do we need a power of attorney for the brother to do this for us?? obviously we are not going back to thailand just for a stamp .

3.can the power of attorney be from here

OR

4. must it be done somehow in thailand (i guess this is where Sunbelt comes in to the picture) and then how do we do that? and cost? etc.

time is of the essence here as we are headed towards the flower picking season and then anon cant get days off for all this 'treasure hunt after the israeli visa' thing.... and his own visa as foreign labourer is timing out soon.

any good ideas/suggestions?? Thai consulate here didnt have any suggestions and they cannot legally do this particular thing.

cursing own lack of foresight on this one...

bina and anon

israel

:o

Edited by bina

spoke to the thai consulate here on a wasted trip to tel aviv; they said specifically: only can be done in the MFA in thailand.

why?? dont know htats the law.

end of statement and beginning of my migraine headache .

so the lady said we could try sending a family member in thailand with the form to the MFA in laksi bangkok; BUT they might not accept a brother and MAY need a power of attorney from us.which costs tons of money as far as i know.

end of her recommendation.

as everyone knows and says:

TIT (israel is the same in this respect) and depends on the office, person and if they are having a bad hair day or not.

so:

any experience with this?

general ideas? prices if we need ?

maybe sunbelt or lopburi.....

we have sent korat brother on telephone information gathering mission. since he is a paramedic or something in a hospital he has access to fax machines, emails and can deal with beurocrats of phones. hopefully he will be able to help us out.

thanx bina

The reason it can only be done at the MFA I expect is the same reason an American Consulate can not certify a US Document - only the Department of State itself can do so and that is because they have access to the various seals used by different authorities and can contact them if need be. So do not believe the Thai Embassy is trying to be hard on this point.

There web site does not have any specific information but believe your relative should be able to do it. Have your brother call them directly and ask.

Legalization Division , 3rd floor

Department of Consular Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

123 Chaeng Watthana Road

Bangkok 10210

Tel : 0-2575-1056-59 Fax : 0-2575-1054

Service hours : 08.30 - 14.30 hrs. (Closed on Saturday - Sunday and Public Holidays)

Email : [email protected]

Hubbies brother has done the policae clearance thing for him as he lives in BKK but I would get Anon or his brother to call & ask the MFA direct. It is the quickest & easiest way to get an answer.

thanx lop, boo

yep, have done so (4 a.m. here did the telephone bit already)... brother was told we have to send a 'power of attorney' thing and then we send it all to his work place which is better then sending it all to a baanork address, and then he will trundle from korat to laksi bangkok to do it....

trying to figure out how much it will cost so we can send the bucks as brother has none.......

so far the embassy/consulate whatever here has been helpful its just that they dont always seem to know all the latest in rules/regulations. sometimes i'm more updated then them because of the forum etc.

anon has trundled off to tel aviv on his own as i have some very very pregnant goats to deal with...

otherwise i'd just be having major migrains all the time!!!

they are nice poeple and laid back -- i guess there arent too many israeli women marrying thai men, even if they are labourers so they are fairly nice.

i somehow feel like in a 'treasure hunt'; there's always some new clues or puzzles or riddles to figure out on the way to the main treasure....... helps keep the humour alive and positive.

lop, the address u gave is the one in laksi??? where we did all our other stuff???

dont want to send brother on mission to wrong address.

thanx much,

bina and anon

Edited by bina